Status: In progress

Love in Spain

Part One

Alvarita and Jessica had been travelling for far too long in both of their opinions. They had been in the car for four hours and fifty minutes, and that is not including the thirteen hour ferry they had driven off when they finally got to Spain. Though Alvarita was used to long journeys she didn't like them and Jessica complaining for the past half an hour didn't help. They both enjoyed the outdoors too much. They had run out of conversation topics a while ago and they were now sick of the stupid songs on the radio, all they wanted to do was get out of the car and stretch their legs, but they were nearly at their destination now and by the time they had found somewhere suitable to pull over they could arrive so they both suffered and in Jessica’s case she did so loudly. The car was filled with silence for a few moments until and all too familiar tune rang through the car.

“What’s that coming over the hill is it a monster? Is it a monster?” Jessica rolled her eyes she knew that it was Rita’s boyfriend that was calling, not that she would admit it.

“Would you answer it for me?” Alvarita asked her looking stressed. Jessica looked at her blankly for a moment Alvarita almost sighed in exasperation at her friend. “The phone?” a look of dawning crossed her oblong shaped face and she started looking through the middle console of the overstuffed car. Alvarita passed her the phone which was still singing while concentrating on the traffic she could see. She hated driving in Madrid it was most definitely the worst place in the country to drive. The only reason she had a car was for long journeys like driving home and if it was possible she would get her brother to drive her to the city outskirts so she did not have to deal with the obscene traffic.

“Hola, this is Rita’s phone how can I help you?” Jessica said in her most obnoxious voice. She was enjoying pretending to be a secretary when she heard the sexy Spanish voice on the other side that she was expecting. He seemed to be the only person to call her when she had been in England.

“Can Alvarita talk?” the voice asked sounding slightly annoyed at the shortening Jess rolled her eyes she didn’t understand why it was such a big deal. Despite being chastised a large grin spread over her face, she looked at her friend who was completely ignoring her and concentrating entirely on getting them killed. In fact her tongue had made it out of her mouth and was now stuck out in concentration.

“She is driving at the moment and doesn’t feel confident enough to speak on the phone.” She answered politely, wishing Rita wouldn’t find it odd if she started fanning herself as the voice wanted to make her do. She was sure this guy was Rita’s boyfriend and would therefore be off limits but that didn’t mean she couldn’t find him attractive.

“So you are in Madrid then?” the voice asked just as Rita beeped her horn at an idiot driver. It seemed he didn’t need an answer to that question. “Tell her that if she wants I can meet her at our usual point and drive you home from there.” She looked at the already overly stuffed backseat and realised that one of the pair would have to sit there. So she instantly decided against it.

“There isn’t enough room in the car,” she replied quickly “though I am sure she appreciates the offer.” Jess was going to try and keep him on the phone for as long as possible to integrate him on Rita’s relationship with him. But just as she was about to start he said goodbye and hung up the phone. Alvarita just smirked at the downhearted look on her friend’s face.

“You will get to meet him soon enough” she tried to comfort Jess but her reaction was just to pout and cross her arms over her chest like a big child. Alvarita smiled then turned serious they had to talk and it had to be before they got home. “I haven’t been entirely honest with you” Alvarita said looking very guilty. She had been paying so much attention to her friend that she hadn’t noticed the traffic lights had changed colour, she was punished by the driver behind her by him beeping loudly at her to get her attention. Jess had a large grin on her face as her mind instantly went to the sexy Spanish voice.

“I knew he was your boyfriend!” Jess smirked triumphantly at her. Her eyes betrayed a slight disappointment, she liked the sexy voice, but then again she was in Spain, they would all have sexy voices, maybe not as nice as his but they would still have one!
“No! Eww...” Alvarita grinned at her friend knowing exactly what she had been thinking, Jess had a thing for accents and the Spanish one was no different. “He is my older brother!” no matter how many times this was reiterated to her friend Jess just didn’t believe her. “I... there are things about me that I wasn’t honest with you about. I know you know a few things about football from your brother. England is almost as obsessed as Spain with the sport so I didn’t give the admissions officer my full name.” Jess looked at her betrayed. Alvarita knew she had messed up, Jess wasn’t the best with people and the two had just clicked as soon as they were introduced. “My full name is Alvarita Casillas Fernandez.” She watched her friend for a reaction and hoped this didn’t affect their friendship too much. When Jess looked at her slightly confused Alvarita decided that she had to explain slightly further. “One of my brothers is very famous here, and the name Casillas is known in most of Europe. I just wanted to be treated normally, like everyone else, what he has achieved has nothing to do with me.” Alvarita tried to explain to her friend, she had been nervous about telling her and she didn’t want Jess to have a bad reaction. Jess hadn’t yet worked out why.

“Why did you change your name, it wouldn’t be recognised in England, I don’t recognise it.” Alvarita was taken aback for a few moments before realising that this was her best friend Jess and Jess had to have everything spelt out for her, well when it came to life. She hadn’t made the connection everyone else did.

“Iker Casillas” Alvarita said quietly, the name hung in the air in the otherwise silent car. As the name rang through Jess’ head repeatedly her grey eyes widened in surprise and her mouth dropped open. Alvarita’s attention was back on the road but she kept glancing at her friend nervously. Jess was slightly gobsmacked and Alvarita thought she should just clarify everything for Jess just to make sure she had understood everything. “He is my older brother” the silence ringing loudly through the car was slowly killing her, and she was just praying that Jess had a positive reaction or just said something soon.
♠ ♠ ♠
I would like to hear what everyone thinks... it is my first attempt at a footballer fanfiction. So hopfully if you like it I will carry on writing it.