Status: In progress

Love in Spain

Part Two

The last half an hour of the car journey took place in complete silence. Truthfully Alvarita would have done anything in that half an hour to make her friend talk. Jess however after five minutes closed her mouth and looked out of the windscreen in thought. Alvarita didn’t want to disturb her friends thought process and just left her too it. She pulled up to the gate and noticed that the pass code had changed, she looked at her friend who had yet to react to anything since her revelation.

“If you want me to get you a flight home I am sure it can be arranged.” Alvarita said simply, while picking up her phone and texting her brother telling him to open the gate. Moments later the wrought iron gate started opening she smiled and drove through the gap once it was large enough. She was happy to be finally reunited with her brother. Jess was still silent looking unseeingly out of the windscreen.

When Alvarita saw her brother she couldn’t help the large smile spreading across her face. Her dark brown eyes lighting up in joy, her brothers mirroring them. Alvarita jumped from the car and into her brothers arms, she hadn’t seen him in five months. Considering she had moved in with him three years ago when she enrolled at university, and she left him for an entire year. She knew she wouldn’t have survived the last year without Jess, and she still hadn’t moved though all she had done before she had been given the news was complain that she wanted to stretch her legs. The pair just stood still for a while holding each other glad to be reunited once more.

When the pair finally separated, they looked at the car expectantly. Jess was still sitting in the car. She was still rather shocked and she wasn’t sure what to do.

“The guys are on their way to unpack for you” Iker told his sister smile on his face. He didn’t admit that he was glad she was home. He had missed her, his house had been empty without her even with some of the team members around. She nodded her head the large grin still on her face. “You told her then?” he asked, he didn’t really need the answer she was still silent. “How long has she been silent?” Alvarita shook her head with a sorrowful smile.

“Over half an hour, though I am not really surprised. I did live with her for a year and she didn’t know. Maybe I made the wrong decision. I should have told her before we left.” Alvarita said sounding upset. Her brother didn’t know how to console her, he knew how her life had changed because of his success. Neither of them said anything and Iker just watched his sister’s friend, she had to be one of the few people who liked her for her. It seemed Jess had finally regained her senses. She climbed out of the car and gave Alvarita a look that told her they had not finished discussing this.

“Hello, I am Jess.” She said to Iker not paying any attention to Alvarita. Jess knew that the pair had to talk but now was not the time, now was the time to greet the man with the sexy voice and to finally truly know they are brother and sister. “Are you sure you are related to Rita, you are a lot better looking!” she joked a large smile on her face.

“Yes we are brother and sister, I like to think she has my eyes” a smile was on his face, he knew that this girl knew who he was but she didn’t seem to mind. This made him happy maybe this friend of his sisters will actually stick around for her.

Alvarita, Jess and Iker made their way into the house that was going to be their collective home for a year. Jess had just finished her Master’s degree in Spanish and she had never really spent any time in Spain and wanted to do so before becoming a teacher and teaching the language that she loved. Alvarita on the other hand was doing English and Literature, which had a nice cross over which meant she didn’t have to get Google translate out for Shakespeare. To be fair in the past when she was stuck she had many people she could turn to, many of her brothers team mates had played in England and there was always one who had the time to go though anything she was unsure of.

There was a quick tour for Jess of the moderately sized house, though he had a lot of money he didn’t want a big house or a flash car he liked to blend in, some of his team mates had everything but none of them were really as happy as Iker. Despite his wanting to blend in he had a pool in the back garden simply because he had always wanted one growing up and never had the chance. Jess was surprised that it was such a small house, she was used to hearing that footballers had the biggest houses and the flashest of cars, this was new and she liked it.

“Alvarita will obviously have her old room back, there are two guest rooms one of which you can make your own for the duration of your stay.” Iker offered to Jess, he knew she was here to see normal life in Spain though their lives were not entirely normal it would be better than nothing. “Go and pick your room, the guys will be here soon to help unpack and to meet and greet.” Jess nodded her head and made her way through the house as though she owned it. That was good she looked like she would be staying. Alvarita watched her brother wondering what he was thinking. “She seems like a keeper” he said making eye contact with her. “Go and talk it out. I’m sure she is waiting for you.” Alvarita smiled sadly at her brother.

“If she leaves I don’t know what I would do.” Iker smiled trying to reassure his sister, he didn’t know how she would take the news though he knew that Jess seemed to have already made her opinion clear, she was going to stay, his sister just had to listen to a long rant about keeping secrets.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for all your support, big shout out to those three people who have recomended this story, the 6 subscribers and lyss89 and Synester_shorti for reviewing.

Would love to hear from you all!!