Status: In progress

Love in Spain

Part Five

After a few moments of silence Iker had sat next to Jess at the island in the kitchen leaning his head on one of his fists. He seemed to inspect Jess for a few moments then he started talking. “Sergio and Alvarita have an odd history.” There was an odd look on his expressive face. He didn’t really know how to explain. Jess continued looking at him with a confused expression.
“Are they close? She never mentioned him” Jess spoke her confusion managing to be heard in her voice. Iker had now joined Jess in picking at the leftovers.
“There were close at one point.” Here he paused trying to think of the right words but failing completely. “Something happened. She wouldn’t tell me what but I can guess, though I would rather not” Iker explained, smiling enigmatically at Jess. She couldn’t help but mentally sigh at his voice. After all his Spanish accent was knee weakening. Jess had a feeling soon she would be getting over her fascination of the Spanish accent, hearing it all the time could ruin that particular feature. “She had a thing for him, and when he found out he humoured her. Though there is a two year age gap it is nearly three, and when they were younger it was quite a gap.” Jess looked surprised. If they were as close as Iker was making out surely he would have rang her, or she would have rang him. Clearly the thoughts she was having showed on her face as clear as day. “Their odd relationship stopped, for whatever reason, and the next day she told me she had decided to go to England for a year.” Iker smiled but Jess could see how much the decision had upset Rita’s brother, so Jess decided to change the subject slightly.
“I am personally very glad she came to England. She’s amazing, I have never met anyone like her.” She told Iker a smile on her face. The leftover food was slowly diminishing as the pair got to know each other slightly. Jess started informing Iker of everything the pair had done over the last year. Not only had Alvarita studied hard enough to get a first last year but she had travelled during the holidays, Chrsitmas she spent with him and the rest of the family, but during the other holidays she went to London, Edinburgh, Dublin and a few other places with cultural interest. She had also attempted surfing and took part in a paintball session, neither of which she would be trying again anytime soon.
“No way, I don’t believe you, my sister did not attempt to surf!” there was a large grin on his face. He couldn’t imagine his sister surfing, especially in the Atlantic. She didn’t like going into the Mediterranean in case it was cold. He glanced at the time and noticed that it had been over two hours since his sister had gone to bed. “I think we should head to bed. My sister will not be happy when I complain I am tired tomorrow.” Jess agreed and the two made their way up to their respective beds having enjoyed their conversation for entirely different reasons.
Iker was lying in his bed looking up at the ceiling thinking that it was nice to speak to an almost complete stranger who treated him like they to everyone else. No clamouring for autographs, no screaming incessantly. Being normal was nice. He wasn’t the famous Casillas with Jess. He was her best friends older brother. His thoughts changed to Sergio. He didn’t understand what was up with him at the moment. He had spent his evening complaining, to anyone who would listen, that Alvarita wasn’t talking to him. Iker still wondered exactly what Sergio had done to upset his sister but was glad he didn’t know. His thoughts turned back to Jess and being treated normally. He gave a contented sigh.
Jess on the other hand had enjoyed the evening because everyone she spoke to had that desirable Spanish accent. She knew that the novelty would wear off soon but that didn't matter for the moment. She had also learnt a lot about her best friend. She knew that Rita would tell her what happened between herself and Sergio by the end of the week, as Jess would ask her for hours on end until she was informed. But there was nothing she could do for now.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am sorry this is shorter than usual. big shout out to Lyss89 Synester_Shorti and DreamersDelight. Huges apologies for this taking so long but i have been swamped and on hoilday. Hopfully life goes back to normal.

Hello to all the subscribers!!! would love to hear from you.