Don't You Cry

I still love you, baby

Slash just couldn't fucking believe it. Everything was spining and nothing made sense anymore.

He never imagined something so terrible to happen to her. Not with his Tracy, the strong woman he knew since what seemed to be forever. She didn't deserve that, he did! He was the one who broke her heart so many times, he was the one who left her by herself so many times, he was the one who always fucked everything up, she was just perfect. She didn't deserve any kind of pain, she didn't deserve death.

Guilt hit him right in the heart. He left her by herself and now she was dying. Slash couldn't help but imagine how she felt when she found out about her disease without him to hug and support her, to tell her how much he loved her and that everything was going to be ok. He wasn't there, he was partying with the woman he left Tracy for. What a piece of shit he was.

The thought of not having her around was so much worse than the thought of seeing her with another man. She would never smile again, she would never love again.
His heart sank when he saw her sleeping on the hospital bed. So pale, so skinny.

So unfair. She didn't deserve that.

He wished it was him lying there, not Tracy.

Slash holded her cold hand, he brought it to his lips and kissed it softly.

'Hey, angel' he whispered. 'I'm sorry 'bout the way I acted with you so many times. I'm an asshole. But, please, don't you go thinking I don't love you with all that I am, because I do. I love you and I wish it was me, not you'

'Sometimes...' he heard Tracy's weak voice. 'We don't get what we want' she said.

Slash looked at her with tears dropping from his eyes.

'Don't leave me, babe. I'll take care of you, I'll make you the happiest woman, I swear. Please' he pleaded.

Both of them were shedding tears.

'I love you' he said. In response she just smiled and closed her eyes forever.