Status: Done

Perfect Moment

Logan Price

Kandi took the black rubber band that was around her wrist to tie up her long locks of light brown hair. She didn’t like putting her hair up, but she had to. Her and her boyfriend Logan were doing yard work for most of the day, and she didn’t want to be eating her hair the whole time.

Kandi and Logan were in love. They had been high school sweethearts; the kind of lovers that everyone wished they were like. Logan was sweet and charming, and good looking too. Kandi was smart and beautiful, and she adored Logan. They were meant to be together, everyone said so. They were both in college now, and still together, but just as happy as they were in high school.

“Logan, you have a leaf in your hair,” Kandi said, lauging softly at her boyfriend.

“Already? We haven’t even started yet! Can you get it out for me, pretty please?”

Kandi smiled and walked over to him, and removed the small green leaf that rested on his head.

“It’s just a leaf, relax darling. Now let’s get started. We have a lot to do.”

Their yard wasn’t large, but it was decently sized. There were hundreds of leaves that were freshly fallen from the trees. Kandi loved the fall. It was her favorite season. She loved how crisp the air felt against her face, and how the scenery looked. Logan liked it too, but only because of how happy it made Kandi.

Logan was going to propose to Kandi sometime soon, and she had no idea. He was thinking of how he wanted to do it. If he wanted to go over the top or keep it sweet and simple, like he was. He thought of a million ways to ask her, but he still wasn’t sure which way was the right way. Logan just wanted it to be perfect.

Kandi made a small pile of leaves and took a break to fix her jacket, the zipper had been broken for a while and it was starting to annoy her. She was hot but cold at the same time, but she just wanted her jacket zipped.

Logan saw her struggle and came to her rescue, putting his hands over hers to help her. She gave up and let him zip her up.

“I’ll buy you a new jacket just like this one. A better one,” he said and kissed her nose.

“Aw, Loagn, that’s sweet but you don’t have to. This one works just fine. If anything I’ll buy myself one, and buy you one as well. You don’t even have a coat.”

He smiled and kissed her again, this time on the lips. “I don’t need a coat, not until winter.”

“You’re so stubborn,” she said and pushed him playfully. “But I‘ll keep you around.”

They made three extra large piles of leaves to make clean up easier, but they were so tired that they didn’t want to put the leaves in the bags just yet.

“Kandi, what would you do if I…did this!” Logan shouted, grabbed his girlfriend and then tossed her into the leaves.

Kandi laughed and reached out to pull Logan in with her. “What made you do that, silly?”

Logan smiled and took Kandi’s hand in his own, and kissed it. “You looked so cute, and tired, and I wanted you to rest. In this nice pile of leaves. Act like you hate it,” he said and smirked.

“Oh Logan you’re too much. But I am quite comfy. Just a little cold now that we’re all done,” she admitted, rubbing her arms.

“Aw, Kandi, take my sweater, here.”

“No no I’m fine. It’s a cardigan by the way, a sweater is different. I won’t explain, I know fashion isn’t really your thing.”

“Hush you, and take my sweater-cardigan whatever it is,” he said and took off his cardigan for her. “Come here, I’ll hold you to keep you warm. We’ll go inside in a bit.”

Kandi cuddled with her boyfriend in the leaves, loving how he was still trying to keep her warm by stroking her arms. He was a dream come true.

“I love you Kandi Arnett.” Logan whispered and kissed her forehead.

“I love you too, Logan Price. Very much.”

He wanted to say ‘so marry me’ so badly…but he didn’t have the ring in his pocket and he was so mad. It would have been perfect for them, but he knew there would be other moments just like the one they were having where he could actually get down on one knee and ask her to make him the luckiest and happiest man in the world.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is for i saw sparks, the winner of my contest =]