Status: TO ALL SUBSCRIBERS THE STORY HAS BEEN CHANGED AND SO LONG YOU PRETTY THING IS NOW CATH... link [url=http://www.mibba.com/Stories/Read/496334/Cath/]here[/url]

So Long You Pretty Thing

Coffee

Over the next week he would come every day at the same time, and they got to know each other rather well.

“Liam," she asked one day. "Do you want to go for a coffee?”

“Sure,” he nodded flashing her a perfect white smile.

Clair felt that if he was new he really could use a friend. The thought that he would be a nice break from bad boys and guys that were not healthy for her made her smile. She had never been more wrong.

The September air was crisp as they walked out of the office. They were standing on a busy sidewalk when Liam took out a cigarette and lit it.

“Do you know how bad that is for you?” Clair asked with a disgusted face.

He looked down at her and just smiled the cigarette hanging in the corner of his mouth. “As bad as propaganda makes it seem,” he answered.

Clair sighed as he blew a stream of smoke into the air in front of them. “I think that you should only smoke if you are immortal,” she explained her logic.

He burst out laughing, at first Clair thought he was calling her an idiot, and then she noticed that it was more of an ironic laughter. He stopped when he noticed she was staring at him, “You don’t strike me as the religious type.” He addressed the drawing that he had seen.

“I only like the ideas that went into it,” she clarified. “I just think that The Bible is a great story.”

He threw the butt into an ashtray before they walked into the small café. They stood and talked until they were finally able to order.

Clair took the coffee and did not think that she forgot to put any cream. She immediately spit it back into the cup. Liam raised an eyebrow at her, and she only put down the cup and began to stick out her tongue. “You okay there?” He asked.

“Sorry, just absent-minded lately,” she smiled at him.

“I am so glad that I have finally met someone that doesn’t try to be perfect around me,” he gave a genuine sigh.

“Okay then,” Clair gave him a quizzical glance.

“You saw the women at the office,” he made it a fact.

She shrugged as they walked to a seat next to the window. The sunlight shown directly on him yet he still seemed to be coated by a shadow. She thought that this was strange, but she wrote it off as a coincidence.

They got lost in their conversation, but Clair became intrigued when after she told he said, “Silly humans.” She took it to be a joke, but he looked serious.

They walked back to the office laughing together, and they had the appearance of having been friends since they were younger. They should have stayed away from eachother.