Sequel: All The Small Things

The Girl At The Rock Show

(Day 16)

Matt’s POV

The first thing Matt heard as he gently pushed the door open to Vinny’s room was the brother and sister bickering. It had been like that since the merch guy had woken up late last night and has no stop been complaining or whining about something. Tessa had mentioned to him how much her brother had hated hospitals, but he had honestly didn’t know that it was actually this bad.

“Seriously, you two are at it again?” He asked as he walked inside, figuring that it was time to intervene. Tessa looked up with a relived look on her face and took the bag of fast food he handed her.

“Oh you’re amazing!” She said as she basically ripped the bag open and pulled out the burger and fries he had gotten her. Her behavior wasn’t that surprising to him though, she had barely eaten since they had gotten to the hospital yesterday and finally had forced her to let him get her something.

“So do I even ask what you two were fighting about this time?” He asked after a while. The three of them had fallen into silence again and it was really bugging Matt. After spending all day being quiet and worrying, he needed the old Vinny back. The Vinny that always cracked dick jokes and didn’t have a care in the world, and thankfully, that Vinny was finally coming back after nearly four days.

Vinny rolled his eyes at his little sister who was glaring back. “I’m trying to convince Tessa to go back to the hotel room you rented. She needs rest and a good shower. She’s starting to smell.”

“You’re an ass, did you know that?”

Vinny just shrugged, “Yeah you tell me that every day.”

“You know, and I seriously cannot believe I’m saying this, but Vinny’s right.” Matt said as Vinny had a huge grin grow on his face. “Tessie, you should go grab some rest. You look like you haven’t slept in days.”

She started complaining but Vinny cut her off. “I demand it. I’m seriously not going anywhere. These stupid idiots that they call nurses won’t let me leave for another day. So it’ll only be for a few hours, just go and come back. Matt can stay with me.”

Matt shot Vinny a look since he basically volunteered him to stay and Vinny just rolled his eyes and ignored him. Vinny was right though, Tessa needed rest and a little time alone. So once they finally got her out of the room and Matt gave her the keys to the rental car he had gotten the night before, she was gone. Vinny was falling back asleep because of the pain meds they were giving him, so that left Matt to entertain himself.

Thankfully though, Colussy had brought him his laptop among the other things he had dropped off the night before so he could get some work done while Vinny slept. He turned his laptop on and the first thing he did was open up his iTunes and put in his headphone and began playing Disney music before getting to work. He could only imagine how many emails he had after not checking them for nearly two days.

When Tessa had first called him the day before, he had instantly noticed the worry in her voice which made him stop everything he was doing. Then she explained that they needed to take Vinny to the hospital, well it was just a nightmare come true. He had known that Vinny wasn’t feeling well but that particular day he had gotten much worse. The poor guy had thrown up as soon as he had woken up that morning and asked Danny to fill in for him at the merch tent since he didn’t feel good.

He felt horrible for not taking those two clues as to take him in sooner. But no, he had been too busy making sure Jack and Alex weren’t doing anything stupid and pushed the merch guys sickness to the back of his head, thinking it was just a bad case of the flu. He wondered that if he had taken him in before Tessa would have called, if he could have saved Vinny from some of the pain. But they would never know now would they? He was just glad that he was doing better and wasn’t in as much pain.

His phone started buzzing suddenly, pulling him from his thoughts as he was checking the second, of almost fifty, emails. Taking it from his pocket, he unlocked it to see a new text and quickly opened it, thankful from the distraction from the emails.

From: Colussy
Have you told her yet?


The next time he saw his assistant, he was seriously going to smack him. Seriously, what is his problem? Nearly every day he had asked Matt the same question. Especially now that he had told him about the kiss. The man couldn’t just leave it alone. He had a girlfriend for God’s sake! He couldn’t just up and leave her like that, that wouldn’t be fair, and it’s not like the girl Colussy was referring to returned his feelings.

To: Colussy
I chose to ignore you in favor of asking how tour is going.


The band was in Houston that day and so far Matt hadn’t gotten any calls or emails about anything that happened so he just took that as everything going well. When his phone buzzed again, he was a little nervous picking it up. Who knew what the guys could have gotten into while he was away? Sometimes he honestly felt more like a babysitter than anything. But he loved his job nonetheless.

From: Colussy
Everything’s fine. I’ve managed to keep Jack out of the fireworks and Alex from drinking before their set. It’s really weird without you and Vinny here. It’s almost quiet.


To: Colussy
Shut up asshole. We’ll be back soon enough so enjoy the quiet while you can as I endure Vinny. The boy is seriously complaining about everything.


His phone started to go off again and he sighed wondering how the hell Colussy always replied so fast when he realized that it was a call. Glancing at Vinny, he saw that he was still asleep so he figured he could take this really quick and come back in about five minute. It would give him an excuse to get out of work anyway.

“Hello?” He asked quietly as he walked out of the room and down the hall. If he had seen correctly, there was a small waiting room that he had passed yesterday.

“Hey baby!” The chipper voice replied on the other end.

“Hi Emmy, how are you?”

“Good, but I miss you! How’s Houston?”

He bit his lip as he looked out the window. He had completely forgotten to call her last night so she still thought he was on tour. “Um yeah about that actually, we had a little mishap. I’m still in San Antonio.”

“What? Are you ok? Are you hurt? Do you need me to fly out there? I can get the next plane out!!!”

He smiled at how worried she sounded and couldn’t help but love her a little more. “No, no, I’m fine. You don’t have to fly out.” He replied as he explained what was happening.

“Oh babe, that’s horrible! Please give Vinny a big hug for me and tell Tessa I hope she’s doing ok!”

“Yeah I will, but I’ve got to go babe. I need to go check on Vinny again,” Matt said, actually not in the mood to talk all that much. But he couldn’t just not accept her call, he would feel bad and she might think that he was avoiding her and would get upset.

“Ok, I love you, call me later?”

“Of course, love you too.” He finished as he pulled the phone from his ear and hung up.

Taking a moment for himself, he glanced out the window again and watched the cars drive by below. They were on the sixth floor and so everything looked so small and unimportant from this height. He was so lost in thought that he didn’t hear the elevator ding behind him or the person walk up next to him until they started speaking.

“Hey Matty Mouse,” Tessa said, making him jump. She instantly started laughing, her adorable little giggle that she had that always made Matt laugh and brighten his mood.

“Hey, what are you doing here so soon? I thought we told you to get some rest.”

“It’s been about three hours Matt, besides I figured you were hungry and wanted to pay you back for bringing me food.” She replied as she held up a bag of one of his favorite places. He smiled as he took it from her and she mentioned something about going back to Vinny’s room, but he was too busy stuffing some fries into his mouth.

Following behind her, he felt his phone buzz once more and sighed as he pulled it out of his pocket and tried not to get the phone too dirty from the grease of the food he was eating. Finding he had a new message, he opened it and nearly dropped the bag, thankfully though, Tessa was a few steps ahead so she didn’t see his reaction.

From: Colussy
Seriously though Matt, you should tell her soon. You’re running out of time and I don’t think you want to live the rest of your life regretting not telling her because you waited too long. You never know what might happen if you just told her...
♠ ♠ ♠
Another chapter because I'm bored and want to make it up to you guys for leaving you guys hanging for a whole week!! So how many of you knew that it was going to be in Matt's pov? I know, I know, it was kind of obvious but whatever, hoped you guys liked it anyway!!! Comment please! I'd love to get feedback!!!!

and to Mosher123: No I actually didn't meet any of the bands. I've met YMAS and WATIC a few times and since I'm already a overly freakish fan of them, my friend and I decided to skip this time. We were also going to go to ATL's signing but the line was freakishly long and it was super hot and we decided to wait until they came back another time. Download festival sounds super amazing. I'm mostlikely going to be in England next summer so it's one of my goals to go to one of the festivals since they look awesome!