Sequel: All The Small Things

The Girl At The Rock Show

(Day 32)

-Darien Center, NY.-

Matt’s POV:

“Hey Matt!” Someone yelled making Matt look up from what he was doing on his phone to see Danny jogging over to him. “Have you see Jack?”

Those four little words had Matt’s blood run cold. He didn’t need to look at his watch to know that the band was on in less than five minutes and hearing that they were missing one of the members was about to make him have a heart attack.

“When did you last see him?” Matt asked as he shoved his phone in his pocket and began walking, trying to think of places the guitarist would go. “And is Alex still there?” It would just be his luck if both of them were missing. It was going to be hard enough to find the lanky hyper guitarist, he didn’t need to go on a hunt for the singer also.

“No, Alex is with the others warming up.”

Matt gave a sigh of relief as he grabbed his phone again suddenly coming up with an idea. Jack, like most of the rest of the band and crew, was obsessed with tweeting so he might have said something to Twitter as to where he was. It was a long shot and he might not have updated since earlier that morning when he happened to make one of his many dick jokes, but it was the only thing he could think of at the moment. Well that or go running around the whole venue in search for him, but that would take forever, and they had about five minutes before their set and were running out of time.

When the Twitter idea didn’t work, he figured he should start calling around to see if anyone had seen him. The first person he could think of was Tessa. Dialing her number, he continued to run around, making his way toward the buses to see if he was there while waiting for her to pick up.

As if she was doing so to annoy him, she picked up on the last possible ring before it went to voicemail and he could instantly hear giggling coming from the other end. She was probably with Tay again as usual. She was always with the other girl, not that he was jealous or anything, but it got annoying at times. But it’s not like he was going to tell anyone that because he knew teasing was sure to come.

“Hey Matty Mouse, what’s up?”

“Have you seen Jack?” He asked figuring he should get right to the point.

“Um yeah, he’s right here,”

“Are you serious? He’s supposed to be on in three minutes!”

Tessa sighed, “Yeah I know. But the dumbass forgot his lucky underwear or something and had to come back to the bus to get them.”

“Not underwear my lucky guitar pick! I can’t go on without it!” Matt could head Jack yell in the background.

“I’m going to kill him,” Matt muttered to himself as he turned to go back toward the stage. “Just tell him to hurry the hell up. He’s on in literally a minute and everyone’s waiting.”

“Yeah yeah ok, we’re almost there. See you in a few,” was all she replied before hanging up. He rolled his eyes at his phone and shoved it back in his pocket while telling Danny what happened.

They both rushed back to the stage and Matt saw that Jack and Tessa, thankfully, beat them there. Jack was just taking his guitar from Colussy and was joking around with Alex like nothing was wrong. A few seconds later, the band was making their way on stage and Matt could hear the crowd erupt into screams. Tessa made her way over to him just as the first song started playing and he gave her a playful glare, not really mad at her. He could never be mad at Tessa; it’s just something he couldn’t do.

The rest of the set went perfectly and by the time the guys walked off and handed their guitars off to their tech’s, Matt gave a sigh of relief. Another show ended with nothing too bad happening. He made sure the rest of the crew didn’t need help packing up and Colussy told him he would take care of packing up leaving Matt with a little time to himself since the rest of the band was heading back to the bus to clean up and relax the rest of the night. They had already done their signing earlier so they didn’t need to worry about that.

“So what’s on the agenda?” Tessa asked as she walked next to him away from the stage toward the middle of the venue.

He shrugged, “I don’t know. I really don’t have anything really planned. You?”

“Nah, do you want to go grab something to eat? I’m getting sort of sick of the catering food and could go for a beer.”

“Sounds great,” he replied as she smiled and they turned to head toward the main gates. Tessa grabbed her phone and began looking for a place to eat and Matt took those few moments to think.

It was the perfect time to finally talk to her. Vinny had told him that it wouldn’t be as bad as he thought it would if he just told her, but he was scared. Of course there was going to be this nagging doubt, no matter how many times Vinny assured him, that things wouldn’t be ok. He really didn’t want to screw up this friendship, she was his closest friend. Everything could be ruined if he told her and then he would lose one of the most important people in his life.

But yet again, there was always the chance that it might turn out better like Vinny had said. She might return his feelings and they could be more than friends. It had been his dream for so long now. She was perfect in his eyes. Funny, smart, adorable, and head strong. And above all, she loved Disney. Not that that was the only thing that mattered, but it was a huge plus.

Most of the girls he met thought that his adoration, as he called it, was really an obsession. Even his current girlfriend still thought it was a little weird. But Tessa just laughed and agreed that Mickey was pretty awesome, even though she preferred Simba above Mickey. He was just glad that she appreciated Disney as much as he did.

“Matt! Are you even listening to me?” Tessa asked, waving a hand in front of his face and pulling him from his thoughts.

He instantly blushed and looked away, “Sorry, I was thinking.”

“About what?”

He stopped for a moment, wondering if that was a good enough opportunity but shot down the thought, clearing his throat. “Nothing. What’s up? What did you need?”

“Oh,” she said and he caught the look of disappointment that flashed across her face for a moment. She probably had expected him to tell her, they did tell each other everything as it was. But she didn’t say anything and began to tell him about a few of the different places she had found.

They agreed on one, him not really caring and letting her basically pick, and she got them headed in the right direction and fell back into silence. This was another thing he liked, the fact that they could be ok just walking and not saying anything. Usually when he was with anyone else, they didn’t like the silence and thought that the conversations should continue constantly. But it was nice just walking, thinking and spending time alone.

“So, what were you thinking about before?” Tessa asked after a while. Matt glanced over to her and saw the same look she had before and sighed. “Sorry, I was just curious, you don’t have to tell me if you don’t want to. I’m just being-”

Matt took a deep breath, suddenly feeling a boost of confidence surge through him and he stopped walking, turning to her and gently taking her hand. “No, it’s fine,” he said as she gave him a small smile. He took a breath, it was now or never…

“I was just going to do this,” he continued as she began to give him a confused look before he pulled her close and pressed his lips to hers….
♠ ♠ ♠
You guys are amazing. Seriously. I know I always go on and on about comments but seriously, I was having insane writers block and the only reason this chapter is up as soon as it is is because of mosher123 and upxallxnight. You guys gave me the sudden encouragement to think of something to write.

So, what do you think of this chapter? I bet some of you are giving a sigh of relief that everything is finally picking up more. Lol. How do you think Tessa is going to react? The next chapter will for sure be in Tessa's POV and from there I think I'm going to alternate between Matt and Tessa for the rest of this. This actually also might be a two part chapter depending on how I want to continue since I don't have the next part written yet... It's still only ideas but I have a good grip on where I want it to go. So be prepared for the next chapter to come soon!!! Love you guys!!!! =D