Sequel: All The Small Things

The Girl At The Rock Show

(Day 33)

-Scranton, PA.-

Tessa’s POV:

When Tessa woke the next morning, she realized that she was snuggled in next to someone and that she wasn’t in her bunk. She was in the back lounge with a blanket and the large flat screen TV showing the start up menu to the DVD player. The person snuggled in next to her moved slightly and she glanced over and smiled when she saw Matt there, sleeping soundly, with a small smile playing on his lips. She couldn’t help but smile back when she saw him and everything from the night before came back to her.

“I just wanted to do this,” Matt said as he pulled her close and before she could say anything, his lips were being pressed up against hers. She tensed for a moment before she realized what was going on and kissed him back. It was even more magical than their first kiss those few months before at Jack’s party. Only this time, they both weren’t drunk and knew what they were doing.

When they finally had to pull away, Tessa noticed the nervous look Matt was giving her and she touched her lips slightly as she felt herself blush. “Why did you do that?” She asked. He took a breath and she noticed a new found sense of confidence building in him.

“I’ve wanted to do that for six years now.”

“You have?” He just nodded, and she gave him a slight smile. “And what made you actually do it all of a sudden?”

“I figured it was time to stop hiding and just take a risk.” He replied as she stepped closer to him and leaned in so their lips were almost touching.

She felt him take a breath and smirked as she looked up at him, “Well Mr. Flyzik, it was a very good risk to take.” Was all she said before pressing her lips to his again.


The rest of the night had been spent kissing and spending time together. Matt had explained that he had basically had feelings for her since they had first met and she honestly felt horrible about not realizing that until then. She also couldn’t believe that it had taken her this long to realize her feelings herself.

I mean seriously? Six years? It was ridiculous and she had never thought to be that slow on picking something like that up and felt horrible. But everything was out in the open now, and she felt ten times better now than she had in the last couple weeks.

“What are you smiling about?” Matt asked, pulling her from her thoughts. She smiled more as she looked down to see him looking up at her with a sleepy look on his face.

“Hmm, I was just thinking,” was all she replied as she snuggled in closer to him and let her eyes close again. It was probably early judging from the lack of noise from the front of the bus that the crew always made in the morning, and she was content just sitting here with Matt and doing nothing.

Matt was about to say something but the door to the back room opened and a sleepy looking Vinny walked in and stopped when he saw them.

“Oh, there you are.” Her brother said as he gave them a sly smile. “I was wondering where you two ended up last night. So did you have a good night?”

“Shut up Vinny,” Tessa replied as she forced herself to get up. “Stop being annoying and get me coffee!” She demanded as she began to push him back to the front of the bus. Before she followed behind him, she gave Matt an apologetic look and he just shrugged it off. It was nothing they could really do about it until they officially told everyone what they had agreed to last night during their talks.

When she walked up front, she saw that the rest of the crew were slowly also making their way up there to get ready before they had to load in. She went to the coffee maker and began to give it her full attention before she began to think about the night before again and blush, remembering all the sweet things Matt had said and all the amazing kisses.

By the time the first pot was brewed, all the crew was officially up and Matt was just walking in the room in a new change of clothes. She caught his eye and gave a small smile as she took a sip of her coffee and headed back to her bunk so she could change also. She was still in the clothes that she had worn the day before and skinny jeans weren’t the most comfortable thing to sleep in so she was desperate to change and get into something more comfortable.

After she changed into a pair of shorts and Glamour Kills shirt, she grabbed her flip flops and pulled her hair back and headed back to the front of the bus. She saw that Matt was the only one left and figured the rest were already at the trailer unloading so she smiled shyly and walked over to him and stole half of the bagel he was eating before giving him a quick kiss on the cheek.

“Hmm, I see how it is. Just using me to steal all my stuff.” He said as she giggled and nodded, taking a bite just to prove her point. “What are you up to today?”

She shrugged, “I have a few more interviews scheduled and then more live photos. But I really want to get working more on my article. I’m only about three paragraphs in. I’m having horrible writers block at the moment. What about you?”

“I have a bunch on interviews set up for the boys and then a bunch of other stuff. I have to call some of the people back about the next tour coming up and make sure everything set up for when they go to England after and call Kevin about all of that.”

“Oh fun,” she replied sarcastically as he just nodded and sighed as he phone began to go off.

She smiled and pecked him once more on the cheek, telling him that she better go and let him answer it and get ready for her interviews. As she was just beginning to walk away, he took her hand and pulled her back to him, instantly pressing their lips together for a short kiss.

“Just because I probably won’t get one in a while,” he explained once they parted. She just smile and kissed him once more before telling him to answer his phone and giggling at the look he gave her as she headed toward the door of the bus.

The sun was shining brightly as she stepped off the bus and glanced around to find the bus she was looking for. Telling Matt that she had to go start interviews may have been a little bit of a stretch at the moment. Yes she did have interviews, but it was only about eight in the morning and the first one she had scheduled wasn’t until about ten or so. That meant that she had time to find the person she was dying to talk to about what had happened the night before.

Finally finding the right bus, she realized she was basically skipping towards it and forced herself to slow down and act normal. She was just a little too hyper at the moment and knew that the girl she was going to see was not going to appreciate it at all this early in the morning. Opening the door, she nearly ran into Curran as he was just making his way off it and smiled and gave him a bright good morning as she stepped past him to climb the steps and made her way to the back where the bunks were.

Finding the right bunk, she pulled the curtain back and found the girl she had been looking for still sleeping, and alone for that matter, which was very surprising. Lately, wherever Tay was, Alex was sure to be close by, but for once it looked like they had slept in their separate busses. But that was the last thing on her mind at the moment and she reached in and poked the singer, wondering if that was going to be enough to wake her up. She had never attempted to wake her up before, and really never wanted to since she wanted to live thank you very much. But this was necessary. She needed to tell someone before she exploded.

“Tay, hey Tay, wake up,” Tessa whispered quietly as she began to shake her a little more.

That time she was able to get a groan and a little movement from her but that was it. Ok so now she was going to have to get louder and more obnoxious.

“Yo Tay!” She said louder as she began to poke and shake her.

“Go away,” came a mumbled response.

This was getting ridiculous. She didn’t understand the importance of getting her butt up out of bed and listen to what she had to tell her. But she had one more trick up her sleeve, and if that didn’t work, she was just going to leave to go and tell her brother.

“Fine, I’ll go away, but then you won’t get to hear what I have to say about me and Matt.” She replied, knowing it would probably strike and interest in the other girl. Tay had been on her ass lately about Matt and telling him about her newly discovered feelings and she had been about fed up with it. But now she kind of understood why she had been. She and the rest of their closest friends must have seen their feelings for each other way before Matt and her had and were probably getting annoyed with them.

But that was the last thing on her mind at the moment since Tay shot straight up and was looking at her with wide eyes and a huge smile on her face.

“Are you serious?” Tay asked as Tessa just shrugged and nodded like it wasn’t a big deal. “Give me five minutes to get dressed and then we’re going to walk to the nearest Starbucks and you’re going to buy me coffee and tell me. And you better not be just saying crap to get me out of bed. This had better be real.”

Tessa just laughed and Tay jumped out of bed and began rushing around to find something to wear and get changed. Once she was finally done, they were back outside, and Tessa was Googling the closest Starbucks.

“So what’s going on with you and Matt?” Tay asked once they were headed in the right direction. “Where did you two go last night? I was getting a little freaked out that you were gone so long.”

“We were just out talking all night, nothing bad happened.” Tessa replied as Tay rolled her eyes as they walked inside the coffee shop.

Tay sighed when she realized that they were going to have to put this conversation on hold for a few minutes so they could order and get their drinks. Thankfully though it only took about five minutes before they were sitting at one of the empty tables by the window.

“What did you two talk about?” was the first thing Tay asked once they were both seated. “And exactly what started this conversation?”

“He kissed me,”

Tay’s eyes widened even more, “he what? What was this kiss like? Like the party kiss or better?”

“Oh most defiantly better,” Tessa blushed as Tay started squealing, getting a few annoyed looks from the other customers. “And then he told me that he had feelings for me.”

“Which you said?”

“I returned them,”

Tay sighed in relief, “Freaking finally. The boys only been in love with you for six years.”

“Yeah I know,” Tessa replied. “I feel horrible enough about that already; I don’t need you adding to it.”

“Sorry, but what happened after that? You both know that you have feelings for each other? Where does that leave you now?”

Tessa blushed, “we’re taking things slow.”

“Wait,” Tay continued after a few moments pause. “Slow as in a relationship?” Tessa blushed and nodded more. “Oh my God, seriously?”

Tessa nodded again, “yeah. He asked me last night after dinner while we were walking in the park. We’re waiting to have our first official date once Warped is over since we really don’t have any time to do anything really romantic. But I’m ok with that; I have the boy of my dreams, that’s all I really need.”

“So you can say that James Matthew Flyzik is officially your boyfriend finally?” Tay asked and Tessa nodded happily. “So when should we start ordering the wedding invites?”

“Tay! Jesus! A little too soon for that. We just made it official yesterday. God, do you not understand what it means to take things slow?”

She rolled her eyes, “Tessa, this was long overdue. You two would already be married and have a kid by now if you weren’t too scared about your true feelings.”

“Really?”

“Really,” Tay confirmed, taking a sip of coffee and giving her a satisfied smile. “So when can we tell everyone else about this?”

“Well knowing you, everyone’s going to know as soon as we’re back at the venue.” Tessa muttered as she took a sip of coffee. This was going to be a long day…
♠ ♠ ♠
Eep! They're finally together!!!! And you people were doubting that Tessa was going to return Matt's feelings. Oh you of little faith! Lol anyway, so I'm just about to get started on the next chapter because I had it written but I just got a new idea so I'm about to delete it and rewrite so that it's better since the other chapter was really nothing special... Just some Tessa and Matt fluff. But I can promise you the new one is going to be ten times better and in two parts! Muahaha!!!

Thanks to Mosher123 and upxallxnight for the comments!!!! Keep them coming and thanks also my new subscribers!!! I now have 41! I'm so excited! I'd love to hear from all 41 of you!!!! =D See you next chapter!!!