Sequel: All The Small Things

The Girl At The Rock Show

(Day 51)

-Portland, OR.-

Tessa’s POV:

“Ok people, so we’re going to pause the show for a moment, because there is something very important that we need to do!” Alex yelled into the mic halfway through their show.

“Is that a code for getting a blowjob? Because I’ve had a boner since the beginning of this show!” Jack yelled back as Alex just started laughing and the crowd started to scream more.

“No Jack, it’s not a blowjob, that’s for after the show.”

“Aw, I have to wait that long?”

“You’ll survive,” Alex replied as he turned to face the side stage. “So we have some of the most amazing crew we could ever hope for and at the last show of every tour we usually give them a shout out so I don’t know why they all look scared shitless from where they’re standing backstage. You people should be used to this by now! So could all the crew come out on stage?”

There was a pause and Tessa looked around her to see that Alex had been right about the scared expressions on the rest of the crew’s face. She just rolled her eyes as she heard Alex calling them out more and grabbed Colussy’s arm and pushed him toward the stage, followed by Danny and Grieco, who all gave her glares as they finally gave in and walked onto the stage.

“Thanks Tessie, but that includes you also!” Alex said as Tessa’s jaw dropped and shook her head quickly at him silently begging him not to make her go out there. “So you can force everyone out here against their will but won’t come out here yourself? Zack! Go get Tessa!”

Zack laughed as he walked from behind his mic off the stage toward her. She glared as she took a few steps back but Tay stopped her and pushed her toward the bassist who gently picked her up and threw her over his shoulder before carrying her out on stage. Zack set her down next to Matt and laughed as she glared at him before going back to his mic. She hated being in front of so many people, she had insane stage fright and barely passed her public speaking classes in high school and college because of the fear. Even if she wasn’t speaking or doing anything, she still got freaked out.

“Oh Tessa, don’t look so scared, you’re fine.” Alex said as he unhooked his mic from the stand and began walking over to them, smiling devilishly. “So now that we have everyone out here, everyone give it up for the best crew in the world, Matt Flyzik, Matt Colussy, Danny Kurily, and Alex Grieco and for those who couldn’t be on stage right now because they’re either at the sound booth or doing merch, Even Kirkendall and Vinny Vegas!!”

By then the crowd was screaming and yelling while Rian gave a beat adding his part and Jack was jumping up and down while Alex and Zack were smirking at their reactions. Tessa was almost thankful that somehow Alex had forgotten to mention her name until he smiled and pointed to her, walking over and slinging his arm around her shoulders bringing her closer to the front of the stage. By then she could feel her face heating up even more and was trying to figure out a way to escape when Alex started speaking to the crowd again.

“Now, many of you may not know who this fine little lady next to me is, but let me tell you, she’s going to be famous someday. She’s the best damn photographer and writer that I’ve ever met and she’s been tagging along with us for the whole tour on assignment for her first article. So everyone please give it up for the one and only Tessa Petrocelli!”

The crowd started screaming and yelling again and Tessa’s face got impossibly redder as she glared at Alex who just laughed as he pulled her in for a hug.

“I hate you,” she said quietly as she reluctantly hugged him back. She wasn’t really mad at him, just embarrassed and was defiantly going to have to figure out a way to get him back later for this.

“I love you too Tessie,” he replied as he let her go and gave her one last smile before turning back to the crowd. “Now that that’s done with, let’s get back to the show! This song’s called The Reckless and the Brave!”

The first notes of the song started to play and Tessa rushed off the stage as quickly as she could, ignoring the laughs that she was getting from the rest of the crew. Tay smiled slightly, knowing how embarrassed she was and pulled her in for a hug as they watched the end of the last show of tour.

~*~*~*~

“I still hate you!” Tessa said as Alex just laughed more. It was now a few hours after the show and they were all packed up and ready to fly back home the next morning and were now spending their last few hours with their friends at a pub close to the airport and hotel where they were staying.

Alex wrapped an arm around her and kissed the side of her head, “no you don’t.” He replied as she just rolled her eyes and took a sip of her drink.

“You know I wasn’t lying before.” He continued and she turned to him with a curious expression, not understanding what he meant. “About you being famous some day. You will be, I just know it. After this article, you’re going to be the talk of the company and going to make your way all the way to the top. I just know it.”

She laughed as she shook her head, “let’s not get ahead of ourselves now, I still have to finish my first assignment and see if was any good before I can even think about getting higher up in the company.”

“It’ll be good, I know it.” He replied before smiling and grabbing his drink before walking away leaving Tessa to her thoughts.

She was so lucky to be there. In all her life, she would have never imagined herself to be this lucky as to get her first assignment to be on Warped. It was seriously a dream come true and even with all the drama that came along with the tour, she was still happy that she could be a part of it. She was so blessed to have such amazing friends and a great job that allowed her to do things like this and couldn’t be happier than ever.

In all honestly though, she had almost given up, and gone home. A few times actually, but she was glad she stuck with it and stayed. She would have never been able to experience something as awesome as this if she had given up. But she also had to thank all her friends for being there for her and encouraging her to continue.

Arms wrapped around her just as the song changed and Tessa smiled as she leaned back to look at Matt who was also smiling when he heard the beginning lyrics of Josie coming from the sound system. He pulled her from the chair she was sitting on at the bar and pulled her close, leading her to the small dance floor set up.

“I think this song deserves a dance,” he said as she only laughed, letting him lead her to the middle of the floor and began dancing to the beat.

Neither of them said anything more, just content with smiling at each other and remembering the first time they had danced to that song. She had been so scared when they had kissed, not knowing what the outcome would be, and only thinking of the worst. But if she had known that this would be the outcome, she would have never fought so hard against the idea of her and Matt together. He was seriously the best ever, and even though they hadn’t officially said it yet, she could truly say she loved him.

She was so glad that they both had just taken the risk and admitted their feelings for each other. Even though it had included some drama, they managed to overcome it and their relationship grew stronger because of it.

As if he knew exactly what she was thinking, he pulled her closer and leaned his forehead against hers, smiling more. She smiled back, somewhat shyly, still not used to the butterflies that erupted in her stomach every time just smiled at her. Finally, he did what she had been hoping for and pressed his lips against hers, sharing a small wonderful kiss in the middle of the crowded dance floor among all their friends.

“Get a room!” Alex yelled over the music as they parted. Tessa glanced over to see Alex and Tay dancing close to where they were, both wearing amused expressions and Tessa just blushed.

“Go away, you’re ruining the moment,” Matt replied as he turned back to Tessa and gave her once last kiss.

When the song ended, Matt lead Tessa off the dance floor and back to where they were previously sitting, finding Jack and Danny sitting close by and Alex and Tay also making their way over. There were a bunch of other bands surrounding them, all talking and enjoying the last hours that they all had together. Some bands had already left and others were getting ready to leave and Tessa really didn’t want to say goodbye to all of them. She wanted this tour to last forever and never have to say goodbye. She had way too much fun and never wanted it to end.

She felt someone tap her shoulder and turned to see Jenna and the rest of Tonight Alive standing there with sad expressions. “We have to go,” the Australian said sadly as Tessa instantly started pouting.

She got off the stool she was sitting on and wrapped her arms around her in a hug. “Aw, I’m going to miss you so much!”

“Me too, but I promise to stay in touch!” Tessa nodded as she let her go and Jenna turned to give Tay a hug also, smiling sadly when they let go.

“Thank you, for everything, I couldn’t have survived without you!” Tessa said, remembering all the pep talks she had given her and all the rants she had listened to from Tessa. Tay and Jenna were seriously some of the best friend she could ever want and she really hated that they both didn’t live close to her. Tay was only a matter of hours but Jenna was much farther and it sucked.

Tay smirked and pointed a finger at Jenna, “You better tell us as soon as you know when you’re coming back to the States again!”

“Of course, and you both need to tell me when you’re coming to Australia. I don’t know about Tessa but maybe in the near future you’re band will be coming over, and if you do, Tessa needs to take a long vacation and come too!” Jenna said as both girls laughed and agreed.

They all exchanged one more hug before the guys from Jenna’s band finally pulled her away mentioning that they were going to be late unless they left. Tay and Tessa waved once more when Jenna turned back just as she was about to open the door to give her final goodbye and then she was gone, heading toward the airport to go back home. Tessa sighed sadly as she rested her head on Tay’s shoulder.

“When do you have to leave?” She asked, raising her head to look at the other girl.

Tay smiled sadly, “In about two hours.”

“Ok,” she said quietly as she managed a small smile and turned back to the bar. “Then stop thinking depressing thoughts and let’s forget about leaving. I want to soak up as many more good memories I can manage before you have to leave!”

Tay nodded and linked arms with her, heading back to the bar where the boys were to forget about the future and everything that had to be done and enjoy the last few moments they had before they had to go back home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Eep! So this chapter gave me such grief. I deleted it about three times before coming up with this, and I have to say this is probably another of my favorite chapters now. It actually turned out better than I expected it to! =D

But now you guys are probably wondering whats going to happen now that Warped is done. Well like I said in the previous chapter that I'm going to announce a few things in this chapter so first off I want to let you guys know that there are only three chapters left... But I'm really excited to say that there's also going to be a sequel which you can start subscribing to here!

I'm super excited for this and already have a little bit written (even though I'm not even fully finished writing the end to this yet... Lol) and have a lot planned for it! So hopefully you guys'll be as excited as I am about this!!!!

Thanks again for all your comments and love you've given me!!!! It's awesome! See you in the next chapter! <3