Sequel: All The Small Things

The Girl At The Rock Show

(01 Day After)

Tessa’s POV:

“Hey babe, wake up.” Matt called, followed by kissed being peppered across her face. She groaned and rolled over onto her stomach, hiding her face into the pillow. “Tessie, c’mon, we have to leave for the airport soon.”

“What time is it?”

“Nearly 5:15,”

“Fuck off,”

She could hear Matt laugh along with the bed moving as he stood up and began to rummage through his bag. “C’mon babe, we have to go back home today.”

“Why the hell did we get such an early flight anyway? We knew we were going to go out drinking the last night of tour and wake up feeling like crap so why did we do this to ourselves?” She asked, groaning and snuggling into Matt when he came back to join her on the bed.

“Because it’s going to take forever to fly back to Baltimore from Portland and we all thought it would be smart to leave early instead of getting back late.”

“I’ll take getting home late than waking up early any day,”

Matt laughed, “I know. But we have two layovers and it’s going to take us about twelve hours to get home. So either way we’re going to be home late. But I’ll make it up to you by getting you Starbucks before we leave at the airport.”

“Way to try and bribe me out of bed,” she replied, raising her head and giving him a small smirk. He just returned it with a small shy smile and leaned down to press a kiss to her forehead. “But that’ll work since I seriously need some coffee and pain killers in me right about now.”

He laughed as she slowly got up and made her way over to her bag, grabbing the first clothes she found and then trudging to the bathroom to change. When she looked in the mirror, she cringed at her appearance, hair sticking in every direction, eyes looking tired with little bags under her eyes, and her head pounding. Yeah, she was suddenly thankful that it was just a traveling day so she didn’t really care about what she looked like. All she cared about was trying to get over this hang-over and going home to her nice amazing bed she had been waiting for for months.

~*~*~*~

“Tessie!!! Vinny!” Kate yelled as she ran as fast as she could to them and wrapped her arms around Tessa for a huge hug. Tessa laughed as she hugged her little sister back and then Kate went to hug Vinny too. “What took you guys so long? I’ve been waiting here for nearly a half hour. The cops told me to move twice because I was just sitting there!”

Tessa laughed, all too easily picturing her sisters annoyed expressions as she talked to the cops and tried to get out of moving her car. “Sorry, we have a lot of stuff and had to wait for it all to come. Matt and the others are still waiting for some of the equipment to be found.”

“Whatever, I’m just glad you’re here now! I missed you!!!” Kate threw her arms around her sister once more just as the rest of the crew came out to join them.

Before Tessa knew what was happening, Kate let her go and turned and made her way over to Matt with a determined expression. Matt seemed indifferent as he watched her walk closer, but Tessa knew her sister, and she knew she was up to something. And she was proven right a few seconds later when Kate whacked her boyfriend upside the head and glared at him.

“That,” Kate said, pointing to Matt with a evil look, “was for breaking my sisters heart.” She left a pause, letting what she said sink in while Matt glanced at Tessa with a scared expression. “And this,” Kate continued, suddenly pulling Matt into a hug, “is for putting the pieces back together.”

Matt gave a small laugh as he relaxed and hugged her back, visibly relaxing when he knew that Kate wasn’t going to smack him again. When they let go, he walked over to Tessa and wrapped his arms around her and kissing the side of her head. Kate looked smug as she turned back to her sister and Tessa just rolled her eyes.

“Really?”

Kate shrugged and nodded, “it had to be done. And if you ever hurt my sister, know that Vinny and I will personally kick your ass.”

“Don’t drag me into it, he’s my boss!”

Kate just glared, “so your job is more important that protecting your baby sister?”

Vinny didn’t bother responding just put her in a head lock and started messing with her hair. Both Matt and Tessa started laughing, loving that the girl was getting pay back for being so annoying and whacking people upside the head and threatening them. Tessa knew she meant well and had always been protective even though she was the youngest, but her sister was just crazy. But she loved her nonetheless, but how couldn’t she, she was the best sister a girl could have.

“Ok, I hate to break up this little love fest,” Kate said once she finally managed to get away from Vinny. “But I haven’t seen my siblings in way too long and you’ve all gotten to have them for nearly two months. It’s time for some make up bonding time.”

“Which means you’re going to do nothing but watch movies and be lazy for the next five days, am I right?” Matt replied as Kate stuck her tongue out at him and he just laughed. “Yeah we need to go too anyway. The sooner we get all this crap back to the practice studio, the sooner we can all go home.”

Vinny nodded as he hugged Tessa and Kate quick, telling them he would grab a ride from Matt once they were done and come back to their place. They all agreed and Tessa said bye to the other boys and then grabbed her bags, shoving them in the car before getting in and wanting to get home and sleep as soon as possible.

The car ride was quiet except for the faint sound of music that was playing as Kate drove back to their apartment. Tessa was fading in and out of sleep the whole way back and when her sister pulled into their usual parking space, she slowly got out grabbing her bags. When she was inside, she mumbled something about grabbing a quick shower and went to her room to set her bags down to do just that. She had been traveling the whole day and was tired and in need of a nice long shower so she grabbed all the things she needed as soon as possible and crossed the hall to the bathroom and turned the shower on as soon as possible.

Once she was done, dressed in a pair of old pajama pants and one of Matt’s shirts she had stolen from him, she went back into the main room. She found Kate walking in from the kitchen with two bowls of Ramen noodles along with some other snack on the coffee table in front of the couch and the main menu to The Lion King on the tv screen.

Smiling, she joined her sister on the couch and pulled a blanket over her and took the bowl from her as Kate pressed play to the movie. They both sat in silence, eating and comfortable with watching the movie and relaxing. Tessa was glad to just be home and not have to worry about what she had to do the next day. She had a few more days to officially finish her article and send it in so she was going to spend the next day or so recuperating from the insanely awesome tour she had just gotten back from.

Halfway through the movie, the front door opened and Vinny walked in, smiling slightly when he saw his sisters on the couch watching a movie. He walked back to the guest room with his bags, quickly setting down before coming back to where the girls were and stretching out on the couch opposite them and planning on doing nothing more the rest of the night in favor of hanging out and spending some much needed quality with her siblings.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm really sad to see this ending soon. Only two more chapters to go! D= But Tessa shall live on in the sequel which I'm getting really excited to share with you guys soon!!!

Thank to those who commented here and already subscribed and recommended All The Small Things! I feel so loved!

Besides that, I'm also challenging myself to try and juggle two stories at once and just started a new story featuring the amazing Zack Merrick called Remebering Sundays. So if you're interested, check it out, I've got big ideas for it!

Again, thanks for everything you guys! If you have a Twitter and want to stalk me, my username is @of_clumsy_words so follow me if you like, I follow back! =D See you guys next chapter!