Sequel: All The Small Things

The Girl At The Rock Show

(03 Days After)

Matt’s POV:

“Hey dude,” Vinny said as Matt opened the door and walked into Tessa’s apartment. She had given him a key the day they got back and was finally putting it to good use.

“Don’t you ever go home?”

Vinny glanced up again from whatever he was watching on tv and shrugged, “yeah, but it’s weird being alone and not having a bunch of noise from tour that I don’t like it much.”

“Fair enough,” Matt sighed looking around trying to figure out where Tessa would be. He had just gotten off the phone with her about fifteen minutes ago and her car was parked outside so he knew she was there, just where exactly was what he was trying to figure out.

“If you’ve come it in fact see my sister instead of seeing my lovely face again, she’s in her room.”

Matt rolled his eyes and nodded, walking down the hall towards her room. When he walked inside, he found her on her bed with laptop in front of her furiously typing away at whatever she was currently working on. Which in this case, was most likely her article which was due in about two days.

“Working hard?” Matt asked as he stepped inside and made his way over to the bed.

He could see a small smile playing on her lips as she greeted him without looking up from what she was doing but patted the space on the bed next to her. He laughed as he climbed up and sat next to her, pulling her closer. She tore her eyes away from her screen long enough to smile and lean in, pressing their lips together for a quick kiss before she went back to her article. So he didn’t try to make conversation knowing that she wanted to finish it and wouldn’t really pat attention to anything he said until she was done.

Leaving her to her writing, he grabbed the remote that was lying between them and turned his attention to whatever was playing on the screen. He was surprised to find that some random movie on tv was playing instead of a Disney movie or random tv show. Idly flipping through the channels, he also found a bag of chips and a bottle of soda also on the bed and started munching on them as he found something good to watch.

About a hour later, the typing stopped and Matt glanced over to see her reading through what she had written, fixing any mistakes she found. Once she had read through it once more, she took a deep breath and glanced up to the tv to see what was playing before turning to him with a small smile.

“Matty Mouse?”

He hummed in response, slowly looking away from the tv to see her looking at him with a light blush and nervous smile.

“Could you possibly glance at my article to see if I missed any mistakes? I’ve basically memorized these words and don’t know if I’ve caught all of them.”

He smiled and nodded, gently taking her laptop from her. “Of course, now I get to see what you’ve been slaving over for so long.”

She just blushed more and he caught sight of a few of the pictures she had taken, smiling as he saw some familiar faces looking back at him. The first one was of all the boys from All Time Low on the first day of Warped, smiling widely with excitement dancing in their eyes. A few of the others were pictures of the crowds at some of the shows and a line of the kids lining up waiting to walk through the gates to start the day off. One picture in particular caught his eye and he scrolled over and enlarged the photo to see it was one of him during one of ALT’s shows as he sang backup vocals for them.

“That’s my favorite,” she said and he glanced over to see that she had been watching him as he looked through the pictures. “Well that and the one of my brother dancing drunkenly during one of the many parties we had.”

He laughed as he scrolled through more of the pictures and found the one she had been talking about. “Yeah, we’re defiantly going to have to post this online and never let Vinny live it down. By the way, is that a tutu that he’s wearing?”

“Yeah, I don’t even know where he got it from.”

Matt laughed again since he had been wondering the same thing and finished looking at the last three pictures she had in there of more of the shows and people they had met. Then he clicked out of the pictures and went to the actual document where her article was and began reading through it.

When he finished, he glanced next to him and saw Tessa sitting there watching his every move as she bit her fingernails. He rolled his eyes and pulled her hand away from her mouth and gave her a small smile as he handed the laptop back.

“How bad was it? And don’t lie to me, I know it’s horrible.”

Matt rolled his eyes at his girlfriend’s obvious doubt and shook his head quickly. “Tessa, it was amazing. Better than amazing. You did a really good job on this. You need to stop doubting yourself. You’re an amazing writer; I knew you were going to do well writing it. Stop thinking you’re not good enough to have a job there. Carol’s going to love it, just like all the readers are going to be.”

“Really?”

He nodded, “really.”

She just blushed more and smiled, hiding her face in his shoulder as he laughed at her and pulled her close. He kissed the top of her head as he went back to the tv as she began to write an email to send her article to her boss. Once she was finished, she snuggled into his side, not bothering to say anything, both content with just sitting there together in silence.

“Aw, now if that isn’t cute then I don’t know what it.” Vinny said from the doorway, ruining the mood.

“You is a tutu is pretty cute,” Matt replied, looking up and seeing Vinny scowl at him and he just laughed in return.

“Is there a reason you’re here? Or are you just here to annoy us? If so, go away.”

Vinny crossed his arms and leaned against the doorframe, clearly having no intention to leave anytime soon. “No actually I was just coming to see if you two were actually going to go out tonight and come to the band and crew family gig that we’re doing?”

Matt nodded but he caught the confused look on Tessa face and laughed explaining that it was tonight. Usually a few days after tour, all the families wanted to catch up and spend some time with the rest of the boys since they were gone so long and usually planned a random dinner. Vinny always forced Tessa and Kate to come to them and must not have told Tessa when their next one was since she was now glaring at her brother for not telling her.

“I’m sorry! I didn’t know that Matt didn’t tell you!”

“This is the first he’s been here since we got back smart one, how could he tell you?” Tessa asked as Vinny rolled his eyes.

“You’ve been texting or talking on the phone nonstop since you got back, maybe you could have asked him during one of your late night talks.”

Tessa just sighed and pushed herself up and off the bed. “What time is it and where are we going?”

“Thames Street pub at six,” Matt replied since Vinny was already walking away back to whatever he had been doing before.

She nodded and thanked him, quickly grabbing something to change into and fix her hair since it was nearly 5:30 and it took a good twenty minutes just to get to the pub and God knows that they’re probably going to be late anyway. But it was all worth it, Tessa loved the rest of the families and hadn’t seen them since the boy’s going away party a few weeks before they had all left for Warped so she grabbed a nicer pair of clothes quickly and rushed to the bathroom to change so she could go and have some much needed girl bonding time with all the other girls since she was starting to worry that she was turning into a guy after that short amount of time.
♠ ♠ ♠
Really getting annoyed by how the endings of these chapters are turning out. Theres nothing really big that needs to be written or any cliffhangers to leave so it's turning out sort of crappy. I literally just wrote the end to this because the original ending was basically another movie night since Vinny and Matt really have nothing to do now that tour is over with but then I knew I had to change it. So hopefully this is better.

Anyway, so thank you to my new subscribers! I'm at 68 right now and you all actually hit a new record for me. On my older fanfic I only got about 62 but this is awesome! You guys are amazing! And I would love to maybe hit 70 by the time this is over.... *hint hint* lol

So only one more chapter to go!!!! It's kind of short and already written so all I have to do is post it. It's basically like a little epilogue to this story and sort of cutesy and I really think you guys will like it!!!! I'm not going to give any huge goodbye or thank yous yet but I can't help but mention that you guys really are great! See you in the LAST chapter!!!!! =/