Sequel: All The Small Things

The Girl At The Rock Show

(Day 04)

Tessa hardly got any sleep that night. After she had left, she went right back to the room and paced, trying to understand what the hell had just happened. Her mind is racing as to why she kissed back. She knew that he has a girlfriend, she thought that she wasn’t attracted to him, but in all honestly, who wouldn’t be? He’s a great guy, really sweet and caring, really funny. He’s everything a girl would ever want in a guy. And that’s exactly why he’s taken.

Oh God, Emily. She totally just made him cheat on his girlfriend. Emily and Matt were perfect and she could have potentially screwed everything up. This was not good. This was a hell of a way to start off tour and ruin Jack’s birthday, not that that guitarist would know. He was way too drunk and distracted to know what was going on. She even wondered if he remembered anything from the night before.

That night she fell asleep listening to her iPod, trying to block out everything in her mind. It sort of worked, but she was restless all night and woke up to the littlest sounds, one, including, Tay coming back to their room in the wee hours of the morning.

“You guys are so loud,” was the first thing Tessa said the next morning when she was woken up to two voices talking loudly.

She had a massive headache, most likely only the beginning of the nasty hangover she was going to have that day, and she felt groggy and like total crap. Rolling over, she grabbed her glasses from the nightstand, putting them on, and glancing at the clock to check the time.

“About time you’re up,” Alex said as she looked at him and gave him a funny look. He was still wearing what he had worn the night before and his hair was a mess. She looked to Tay next, who was still in the bed across from her with a deep blush painting her cheeks.

“What the hell are you even doing here? Don’t you have your own room on the floor above us?”

Alex rolled his eyes, “I do, but somehow I ended up here the night before.”

Tessa caught the look Alex gave Tay and instantly knew that they weren’t telling her the whole story. But she was too groggy to care at the moment. All she wanted was more sleep, but knew it wouldn’t come since the events of the night before came flooding back into her brain and she groaned out loud flopping back on the bed, ignoring the funny looks the other two were giving her.

She hears Alex say something about going back up to his room and says an awkward bye before grabbing his things and leaving. As soon as the door is closed, Tessa could feel Tay’s eyes boring into her and she took a deep breath before turning her head to look at the other girl.

“What the hell is up with you?”

Tessa shrugs, “I don’t-”

“Don’t give me that, I know something is up. Now spill.” Tay demands.

Tessa stays quiet for a few moments, weighing out her options. She could tell Tay that it’s nothing and that’s she’s hung-over, but she knows that she won’t buy it. And by the look Tay was giving her at the moment, she knew that the singer was daring her to try and lie to her. They both know that Tay wasn’t going to buy it.

So, playing nervously with her necklace, she told her. Everything. The whole entire story about what had happened the night before, not sparing a detail. Tay just sat there silently, listening, and nodding occasionally, encouraging Tessa to continue when she fell silent as she told her.

“Tess-”

“Don’t, I already know that I probably just ruined a great relationship. I know ok, I don’t need to hear it again.”

Tay smiled weakly, “That’s not what I was going to say. I was going to say that maybe it’s a good thing. You guys always have been really close. Maybe this is a push to be something more; you can’t possibly say that you’ve never thought that he was attractive.”

“Ok yes, I have, but I’ve never anything more. Emily and he are perfect together. I don’t want to be the cause of them breaking up. I didn’t even think differently about him until after that kiss, and I still don’t know what I think about him. I’m so confused.”

She put her head in her hands and closed her eyes trying to take deep breaths and figure out what the hell she was going to do. Moments later, the bed moved and she felt Tay pull her into a hug, rubbing her back and trying to comfort her.

“What am I going to do?”

“Well,” Tay started as she let go of Tessa and touched her chin so the younger girl would look at her. “First, we’re going to forget about the party last night and put in a Disney movie. Then second, I’m going to get ice cream and we’re going to hide in here for the rest of the day to be complete loners. What do you think?”

Tessa smiled and threw her arms around her, “sounds perfect!”

“Ok, so why don’t you pick out the first movie and I’ll go get some snacks?”

Tessa nodded enthusiastically as she jumped from the bed and rushed over to her bag to grab the case of movies she had brought. She heard Tay laugh as she also got up and announced she would be right back and disappeared into the hallway, leaving Tessa alone.

She put the movie in the player just as the door opened again and Tay walked inside with a arm full of snacks. Tessa bounced back over to the bed and settled down, resting her back against the headboard as Tay dumped the snacks between them and joined her on the bed. Neither of them said anything, besides Tay’s excited reaction to the fact that Tessa had picked the Lion King, and she pressed play, settling back and grabbing a bag of chips.

When the credits at the end of the movie started rolling, the girls had already consumed two bags of chips, three candy bars, and nearly a full six pack of soda. Tay jumped up off the bed declaring loudly that it was her turn to pick the movie and began to hum to herself as she went through the stack of movies. Nearly five minutes later, the girl had finally picked one and put it in, going back over to the bed and smiling excitedly to herself.

“I have a question,” Tay hummed in response as she began to fiddle with the remote and Tessa took that as her cue to continue. “What’s going on with you and Gaskarth?”

At that, Tay’s full attention was pulled from the screen and turned to face Tessa with wide eyes and a deep blush growing on her face. “What do you mean?”

“Don’t play dumb with me; I know something’s going on with the two of you. So it’s your turn to spill. I already told you my dirty little secret so you need to return the favor.”

“I didn’t realize there was a favor to return,”

Tessa rolled her eyes, “Just answer the question.”

“In all honesty?” Tessa nodded. “I have no clue. After we recorded and shot the music video to Kiss Me Again together, things have seemed…. Different.”

“Is this a good different or a bad different?”

Tay just blushed more and shrugged and suddenly became really interesting in the start menu of Lady and the Tramp that was on the TV screen.

“I don’t know yet,” Tay whispered.

Tessa sighed as she leaned over to rest her head on Tay’s shoulder as she pressed play. “Looks like both of us are having major boy problems at the moment.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys! So you're caught up with as far as I've written so far. These last few days have been crazy and I'm literally only have a sentance written in the next chapter. But I'm going to try and get some of it written today but I have a busy weekend ahead of me so I don't know how much I'll get done, so if the next chapter is up a little later than usual, I'm sorries! But hang in there! Everything has just started. Things are going to get crazier.

I decided to put a little Taylex in there because I honestly think it would be cute if they ever got together and I'm being a total fangirl about it. I seriously love WATIC though, one of my top favorite bands, which is kind of why I made Tay and Tessa so close. But I'm trying to add a some more band interaction too since I can't forget some of my other favorite bands!

Keep subscribing and commenting!!! Love you all! =D