Status: completed<3

We Will Be Unbroken

Uh-oh

When Marilyn woke up the next morning, she found herself nuzzled up next to Andy.

Wait, did I fall asleep here last night? She thought.

She crawled out of the bunk and lazily made her way to the kitchen area. On the counter was a note that read:

Marilyn,
We all went out for a few hours before our set. We wanted you to come along but you and Andy were fast asleep and we didn't want to wake you. Tell Andy that we'll be back later. Oh, and Sammi is looking for you.

Love,


CC, Ashley, Jinxx and Jake


She rubbed her eyes sleepily and walked back over to her bunk across from Andy's. She picked up a pair of acid wash jean cut off shorts and a 'My Satellite' t-shirt that Sammi had given her so she could wear it on stage. After changing, she slid on a pair of gray Vans and ventured out to find Sammi, leaving Andy asleep on the bus. She hopped off the last step and out side into the beaming sun. She looked to her left down the row of buses and then to her right. Her eyes widened and she started running.

"Ronnie!"

Ronnie looked up to see Marilyn running toward him full speed and a huge smile spread across his face. She jumped into his arms and he spun her around once before placing her back down on the ground.

"How've you been?" He asked excitedly, brushing some of his dark locks out of his eyes.

"I've been good. I've been staying with Jinxx and Sammi. They've been pretty good to me."

"I can't believe you're here!"

"I know! I'm actually singing in Sammi's band. I'm sort of like a featured part."

"For real? That's awesome! I'll have to check you all out, then. Promise me, though, that you'll sing with me at least once on this entire tour?"

"Oh... I don't know, Ronnie..." She hit him playfully on the arm. "Duh! Of course I'll sing with you!"

His look of shock slowly melted into a smile. "Oh, good. You had me worried there for a second."

Marilyn laughed an airy laugh that sent butterflies into Ronnie's stomach.

"It's almost time for our set. Care to join me, Mr. Radke?" She held out her arm for him to take.

"Gladly, Ms. Carson." He said in return, linking his arm with hers.

Sammi found her when they arrived at the stage. "There you are!" She exclaimed pulling her away from Ronnie. "You have to go get fitted for your ear piece! Go, go!" Sammi shooed her away and escorted Ronnie backstage.

"Five minutes, guys!" A stage tech called out.

An instant sense of nerves made Marilyn's stomach turn into knots.

"Hey," Bryan glided over next to Marilyn. "I'll go out first with the band, play a song or two and then introduce you, okay?"

Marilyn nodded and watched Bryan and the rest of the band walk out on stage.

"How's everyone doing today?" Bryan said into the microphone earning tons of cheers. "Good! Well, we are My Satellite and this song is called 'A Nighttime Daydream!"

Sammi started in with the intro on the piano and Bryan and the rest of the band joined in shortly afterward. Marilyn swayed along to the song. It was one of her favorites.

"Okay, guys. We have a special someone we'd like to introduce to you all." Bryan announced as soon as the song was over.

He looked over and motioned for her to come out on stage. "Marilyn Carson!"

The crowd went crazy as she walked out on stage. She looked out at the crowd of people gathered and almost fainted. There were so many people. She looked over at Ronnie who gave her a thumbs up and a huge smile on his face. His smile was contagious for a grin spread across her face as well.

She looked back out into the crowd and singled out one random person to concentrate on. The smile faded from her lips as she and the other person made eye contact. Her hands started shaking and her legs felt wobbly. The microphone slipped out of her hands and crashed to the stage floor, creating a loud squealing noise.

"Uh-oh." She whispered.

She glanced back at Sammi who had the same nervous look on her face as well. Sammi had seen the exact same person, too.

Chris.
♠ ♠ ♠
74 readers, 28 subscribers! YAY! I would like to thank Kaitlyn (LunaGreenDay) for commenting! (: in case you don't remember, Chris is the abusive boyfriend from the first couple chapters. He's back! Dun-dun-dun.... What's going to happen now?