Status: completed<3

We Will Be Unbroken

Drunk

Chris must have known she was staring at him for he raised his hand slightly and gave her a little wave. Marilyn blinked and then realized everyone was waiting to hear her sing. She scrambled to pick up the microphone and clutched it tightly to her chest.

"Pst! Marilyn!" Sammi half whispered.

Marilyn shuffled over to her.

"Are you okay? He doesn't look like he's mad and he won't hurt you. You know we'd never let that happen. And look..." Sammi pointed to Ronnie who mouthed a "You okay?" to her. She nodded and looked back at Sammi. "Ronnie's here, too. You have nothing to worry about. He'll protect you."

Marilyn swallowed her fear. "Alright, let the show begin."

******************


The sun was setting, turning the sky around it pink and orange. It looked stunning against the blue of the rest of the sky. Marilyn and Ronnie walked along a boulevard they found not too far from the venue. Andy, Sammi, My Satellite and the BVB boys were out too, but they had gone off their separate ways.

They walked by an alley way and Marilyn happened to glance in and see Chris stumbling over himself. She stopped and watched him. The beer bottle he was holding crashed all over the pavement and Chris fell to his knees, head landing on the broken glass.

"Oh, god!" Marilyn exclaimed and ran to his rescue. "Chris? Are you alright?" She rolled him over onto his back and propped him up against the wall.

Ronnie stood in the entrance of the alley, watching. Blood dripped down the sides of Chris's face.

"Marilyn?" His groggy voice said.

"Yes, Chris. It's me. Are you okay?"

"Hmm?"

"Marilyn?" Another familiar voice called out. Marilyn looked up to see Andy jogging towards her. "What's going on?"

"I'm just helping Chris. That's all. I'm fine, Andy."

"Are you still with this fag?" Chris said.

"What?" Andy growled.

Chris stood up. "Yeah, asshole, you heard me."

"Both of you, stop it. Right now." Marilyn ordered.

"You shut up." Chris drew back his hand and sent it across Marilyn's face with a loud smack.

"That's it." Andy drew back his fist and sent a punch right at Chris's jaw.

"Please! Stop!" Marilyn begged but it was no use.

The two were already in a full out fist fight. Chris broke away from Andy and grabbed Marilyn's arm.

He's gripping tighter saying you will burn in hell they say, you will burn in hell.

Marilyn was immediately brought back to the moment when she returned home to her father last summer.

She pulled away and started running. She briefly looked back to see if Chris was following her. Bad idea. Her foot slipped and she tripped over a pothole in the road. She fell flat on her stomach and tried to use her hands to break her fall. At first, she thought she was okay. She puled herself up to a sitting position and her whole leg started shooting up pain. She tried to stand up, struggled, and fell back onto the ground. It was no use. She couldn't move.

"Ronnie! Ronnie!" She called.

Ronnie came running over to her. "What is it? What's wrong?"

"I...I can't m-move."

"What hurts?"

"My ankle. I can't move it."

"Shit..." Ronnie mumbled under his breath. "Where's Andy?"

Marilyn pointed down the alley where Andy and Chris were still fighting.

"I have to get you to a hospital. Call Jake or Ashley and tell them to come get Andy."

Jake, Ashley, CC and Jinxx arrived shortly after her call and rushed to break up the fight.

"Will she be okay?" A very concerned Ashley questioned.

"I don't know. I'm taking her to the hospital now. That's why we called you, so you could break up the fight."

"I can take her to the hospital!" Ashley said all too eagerly.

"No, Ashley. I've got it. You go help make sure Andy is alright. He's your best friend, after all, isn't he?" Ronnie picked Marilyn up in his arms. "And we're off."
♠ ♠ ♠
76 readers, 28 subscribers! Thank you to Kaitlyn (LunaGreenDay) for commenting!