Status: completed<3

We Will Be Unbroken

Interrogation

Marilyn was taken to the station for some interrogation. Everyone else had to get home so
Ashley agreed to stay and wait for Marilyn and bring her back to Jinxx and Sammi's house. Marilyn walked up the concrete steps following the large police officer in front of her. She passed by Chris and Andy in holding cells on her way to a small room that looked to be an office.

A round man with a dark brown mustache and dark brown hair sat down in a chair behind the desk and motioned for Marilyn to sit as well. The police officer that had escorted Marilyn there closed the door on his way out. The round man put on his glasses as he examined a few pieces of paper spread out in front of him on the desk.

"So, Marilyn," He began. "How long have you been dating Chris?"

"About two months." Marilyn replied.

"Does he get abusive often?"

Marilyn nodded.

"How long into the relationship were you before he started abusing you?"

"About a week."

"Why didn't you break things off?"

Marilyn thought for a second. "Well, I guess I was too scared and I didn't want him to hurt any other girl like he hurt me."

"So, you felt like you needed to...sacrifice yourself. Do you feel like you deserve this?"

"Yes."

The man pushed his glasses up on his nose. "Well, you certainly do not deserve to be abused like that. Do you know why he hit you in the first place?"

The memory floated to the surface of Marilyn's mind but she pushed it away. "I know why, but I would rather not talk about it if that's alright."

"Alright. How about Andy? What can you tell me about him?"

"We dated for about four months."

"Was he trying to start a fight with Chris?"

"No, he was trying to protect me."

"Has Andy ever abused you?"

Marilyn looked down at the floor and debated on if she should lie or tell the truth.

"Marilyn? Just remember that you must be truthful."

She let out a sigh. "Ok, yes. Only once, though." She hated to admit it because she didn't want Andy to get in trouble.

"Thank you, Marilyn. That will be all. You may go."

Marilyn stood up, left the room and walked down the hall past the cells and to the front door where Ashley waited for her outside.

"All set?" He asked.

"Yes." Marilyn said.

"So, what did they say about Andy?"

"They said they'll call in the morning and let us know if Andy will be allowed to go home. Chris is being arrested, taken into custody and taken to court. I have to testify..."

"It won't be that bad. Just tell everyone what a big dick head he is and you'll be fine."

"Thanks, Ash. I really appreciate you bringing me home."

"It was no problem."

Marilyn turned to get out of the car.

"Wait. Marilyn?" Ashley called out.

"Yeah?" Marilyn turned to face him.

He saw her silk brown hair framing her face and her big hazel eyes. He couldn't help himself; she was just so beautiful.

"Ashley? Earth to Ashley!" Marilyn waved her hand in front of his dazed look.

"Huh?" Ashley snapped out of his little trance.

"You wanted to say something?"

"Oh, um... I forgot..."

Marilyn laughed. "Well, alright, I'll see you later. Hey, do you want to maybe come over tomorrow with the boys and we can have some more Just Dance battles?"

"That sounds like fun. I'll see you tomorrow."
♠ ♠ ♠
36 readers, 22 subscribers! woohoo! :D so this chapter was requested/suggested/inspired by my favorite person ever 'LunaGreenDay'! You are the bestest! (: thank you to 'intothenight', 'LunaGreenDay' and 'lizzysayzRAWR' for commenting! sorry it's like almost all dialogue. it's sort of just a filler chapter and i'm sooooorrrryyy! D: