Nightmare Before Valentine's Day

Chapter One

"I can't take it!" I said to Shawn. I dialed the combination to the gun shelf thing. I ripped out a pistol, loaded it and pointed it at my head.

"What the hell are you doing?" Shawn asked. He was my ex, now. My ex-boyfriend that just confessed that, not only was he breaking up with me, but was also cheating on me. He told me he proposed and she accepted. We got into a big fight, with him and me shoving all the horrid things we'd done to each other in the other's face.

"You don't want me! Nobody does!" I shreiked. It seems the pills my therapist put me on were having the opposite affect on me. My finger squeezed on the trigger a bit more. My hands we really shaky.

Shawn suddenly looked really worried. "Please...Ferya, don't...don't pull the trigger-"

"Why the hell not?!"

"Because you have all of your life ahead of you! You're only 21 and a half!"

"So?! 21, big fucking son of a bitchin' deal! I've been in this world 21 years, i've seen all i've needed to see, and i've heard more than anyone could bargain for!"

"No! You've got a lot more to live for. Don't leave this world, i'm sure there'll be someone more decent than me out there!"

"You're right...but still-" my grip on the trigger tightened even more, before i let the gun fall. My hand stayed where it was at, so it looked like i was holding an imaginary pistol to my head, though just moments ago, it was real, loaded, and about to take my life away from me.

"Oh, thank...i was afraid...-" Shawn opened up his arms to give me a hug. I took a step foreword. I then kicked him where it hurts.

"You fucker. You son of a bitch. You prick. I'm not that gullible. I'm not gonna take you back that easily." I picked up my hoodie off the floor, and grabbed my purse of the kitchen table. I was about to grab my keys when Shawn turned me around.

"Ferya-"

"You son of a motherfucking bitch!" i yelled. I slapped him really hard across the face, grabbed my keys and slammed the door behind me. I scrambled into my black car (can be any brand), started it up and drove away. I'd have to stay with my older brother for a while...but for now, I'm gonna go to a bar...how about the Lucky Lunatics...yeah, i'll go there.

The Lucky Lunatics was an all out bar. It had a huge gym dedicated to music, where there was a big dance floor, a dj station, a stage where you can dance, yeah, all that good stuff. Then, there was an equally big bar.

I parked, but sat inside my car for a second. Though i was truley denying myself of doing it, my hand found it's way into my purse, and pulled out a razor blade. It scared me looking at it, but all the scars i have were made by it. I really didn't mean it, but before i knew it, there was blood trickling down my left wrist. I didn't want to do it again, so i hurried up, grabbed my wallet, through aside the blade and went inside.I took a seat in the bar area next to a mysterious black haired man that was very pale and had a big mug of beer he was clutching.

"heya, Ferya." Billy, the bartender, whom I was very good friends with in high school, said to me.

"Hey, Billy." I said irritably.

"Hey! What's your problem?"

"Me and Shawn got in a fight. We broke up because he confessed to me that he aws cheating on me. Not only did he cheat on me, he actually proposed to the girl! Urgh, i'm glad i'm out of there. I'm planning on moving in with Dad and James" I said. James is my older brother.

"Ooh. So, what would you like to drink tonight?"

"I'll have..." I sighed, "...Just get me a glass and a bottle of whatever." I said. Billy frowned, but got me what i wanted. I would just fill my glass, drink it, then repeat. After my 4th glass, the guy beside me said, "You shouldn't really drink that fast."

"Yeah? So?"

"It'll make you sick."

"I'm more concerned about it's long term affects than short. It wouldn't bother me if I was puking my guts out in a corner and no one was there to hold my hair back." i said shrugging, and finishing off my 5th glass.

the guy next to me just nodded. "Yeah....I'm sorry about your boyfriend."

"It's alright. He was a son of a bitch and a pain in the ass anyways. I'm sorta glad he's gone, but after the affects of the hangover, I'll realize how much i really miss him and how much i want him back...but then I'l remember what he did to me, and I'll want to kick the shit out of his sorry ass."

"Okay then. What'd you do in response to that? I mean, i know it's none of my business or anything-"

"Nah, that's alright. I'll tell you. And to tell you the truth, i held a gun to my head. It was fully loaded and everything. Each time he said something that hurt me, I'd squeeze the trigger a little bit more, then after about 10 minutes of that, i dropped the gun. Then i kicked him where it hurts. He tried to get me to take him back while i was on my way out the door, so i smacked him. Then, i was in the parking lot in my car. Even though i didn't want to, i found myself slitting my wrist." I showed him my wrist, where blood was still slowly trickling down, mixing in with the sweat of my hand, which was clenched together tightly from how angry i was.

"Mmmhmm...you really shouldn't do that."

"I know. I was told that many times before. My family was worried about me whenever they'd see fresh cuts on my wrists, and i'd tell them not to worry, but instead they send me to a shrink." I sighed. "I know they did it for my own good, but if they really loved me, they either would've never sent me to a therapist, or gotten me a different one."

"Yeah? Ahh, i see...I have my own comics i draw. My parents don't support my decision and think that i should do something better with my life."

"I see. Well, our lives certainly do suck ass." I said shaking my head in dissaproval. I then held out my hand so he could shake it. "I'm Ferya."

"Gerard." he said, shaking my hand. He then got out a pack of ciggarettes, took one out, lit it up started smoking it.

"Ugh...i just remembered that I left my ciggarettes at my house, with my ex...can i take a drag?" i asked.

"Sure." i took it from him, took a drag, then gave it back.

"Damn, why'd i have to leave my motherfucking ciggarettes at home...?" i asked myself.

Gerard simply shrugged, and that was alright with me.

Gerard and I became pretty good friends. We had quite a bit in common, too. We danced to some songs, like some Green Day,Nirvana, you named it, we probably danced to it. We were as drunk as hell and dancing like lunatics.

Green Day's Good Riddance came on, and i flipped out. "Oh shit! Gerard! I love this song!"

"Me too!" he said. (I don't know if he really likes that song or not. Bear with me!!)
We attempted to slow dance, but fucked up a lot. It didn't bother us, though. We were drunk as fuck.

The chorous came on one last time.

It's something unpredictable
But in the end is right
I hope you had the time of your life

After Billie Joe sang the last words, i leaned up on my tippie toes and pecked Gerard on the lips. We smiled at each other as another funky dance song came on.

I woke up that morning in a completley different house. Probably in a different area code for all I knew. It could be miles away from my car! Oh fuck...

"Hey." someone said on the other side of me.I flipped out and jumped off of wherever i was. I turned around and saw Gerard.

"Where...where the hell...the fuck...am...am i...right....right now?!" i said.

"Oh, you don't remember? Oh, i drove us home last night, and we sorta passed out here." Gerard said.

Ugh, major headache. I sat on the bed, and rested my head in my hands, and pushed on my head. Horrible headache. fuck, hangover. Fucking brilliant.

"Do you know if we...um...err..." i asked.

"Not that i know...but i hope not." Gerard replied.

"Ugh...my god. I need coffee. Bad." I said, still holding onto my pounding head. "I think i need some fuckin pain killers more, though."

"Yeah, comin right up." Gerard said, getting out of bed. I just realized he only had boxers on...hey, he doesn't look too bad with out a shirt or pants...haha. Shut up, Ferya. He suddenly came back with some asprin and a glass of water.

"Oh, thanks..." i took them. "How can i repay you?"

He shrugged. "You don't have to."

"But i want to. What can I do?"

"I really don't know."

"Hmmm..." i really started thinking on what i can do for him. "Well..."