Nightmare Before Valentine's Day

Chapter Four!

It took me 2 months to sober up. From all the drugs i was doing and the alcohol. it took a while, because when i sobered up, even for a day, i felt the need for it. And i sorta felt like the normal teenager in the 70's, that would have to sneak out and party with their friends. Only, i was sneaking out of a house that wasent even mine, and i was sneaking out just to do drugs and drink. In my own room. Gerard got pissed at me alot. He would sometimes have to stay behind from going out with the gang just to make sure i didnt do anything stupid. I felt really bad, so i'd feel the need to drink. i always had some hidden in places Gerard wouldn't find.

~~*flashback*~~

"Ferya, i dont care! I think i'm gonna have to fucken stay behind because im so worried about you!" Gerard yelled at me.
"You dont have to be fucking worried, just let me do my own thing! I'm an adult!" I yelled back at him.
"by the way you're fucking acting, you seem like a teenager!"
"I'm sorry i am the way i fucking am!"
"You need to fucking clean up your damn act, then maybe i wouldnt have to fucking stay behind and miss out on shit just to worry about you!"
"You think i wanted to become an alcoholic?!"
"You fucking brought it upon yourself, so obviously yes! you wanted to become an alcoholic!"
"If you really fucking cared, then you would've stopped me!"
"you dont fucking see! I did care, and i still do! I just didn't think it would get THIS severe!"
There was an awkward silence between us. I could sorta hear a bit of whispering in the living room where the guys were waiting for Gerard...Gerard leaned his head against the wall.
"I should've stopped it." he whispered to himself. "I knew you were an alcoholic when you were younger..." he hit his head against the wall. Gerard turned around and i heard him talk to the guys. "Sorry you had to hear that you guys...it looks like im not going bowling...i'm really sorry, i really am, but i'm so worried that Ferya's gonna do something stupid...." I caught Frankie saying, "It's okay man, i know if I were in your position i'd be doing the same thing."
I felt really guilty, because he had to stop from going and having fun with his friends just to take care of me...I got out a case of Smirnoff from underneath the bed, cracked on open very quietly, and started drinking. I knocked the case back underneath the bed so if Gerard were to come in, he wouldnt see the rest of them.
"FERYA! WHAT THE HELL?!" Gerard screamed at me. I almost dropped the beer bottle cuz he scared the shit out of me. I stopped drinking. He ripped it out of my hand. "You seriously need to just fucking sober up! What the hell can i do to help you out? I want to help you, and i'm trying, but you're fucking fighting every bit of help i offer." He got on his hands and knees, and put his arm under the bed. He found...all the cases of beer, wine, rum i had...everything. He looked up at me, and i thought he was seriously gonna cry. I was completley sober, for that time. And that image of him looking like he was gonna cry...it was now engraved in my mind.
My eyes got all teary. I scootched off the bed, kneeled down, and hugged him. "I'm sorry Gerard..." i said. Tears started streaming down my face, but luckily Gerard couldnt see them. I think, this was the first time i cried sober in a while.
I felt Gerard put his face into my shoulder, and my t-shirt started getting wet. Gerard was...crying on my shoulder. I bit my lip, but couldn't help myself anymore. I buried my face in his shoulder, and started crying with him.

That was a month and a half of trying to get sober. it then only took me 2 weeks, and maybe a few more days, to sober up. When i made it through an entire day of no alcohol, weed, or coke, or anything like that, at the end of the day, Gerard hugged me and kissed me.

"Ferya! I'm so proud of you!" he said inbetween kisses.
"Why?" i asked.
"You've overcome the urge to drink!" he told me excitedly.
"Really?"i asked. i thought back on the day. "Oh my god! I have!"

It was true, too. Gerard, the gang and I had spent the entire day running around the house, and playing video games.

"So proud of you!" he said hugging me. I was giggling my head off.
I fell onto the bed when we got into the bedroom. Gerard fell down next to me.
"Jeez, it's been a hella tiring day." i said, yawning.
"Okay," he kissed me. "Nighty night, sober Ferya" I smiled, and kissed him back.
"Night, Gee." i closed my eyes and fell asleep before i knew it.

In the next month, I'd had many cravings for drugs and alcohol, but resisted. I really didn't want to see Gerard cry again, it was too heartbreaking.