Status: I would love feedback!

Battle Scars

I Want to Get Involved

She didn't go to school for the next week- why should she? The teachers never thought that she would amount to anything, neither did her parents. The truancy officer must have showed up at her house, and Mom and Dad fed them some bullshit story, caring more about their self-image than telling the truth.

All seven days had been a terrifyingly dull cycle. Wake up to Jeremy's morning wood. Eat breakfast with him, walk around the woods and sit in the park, come home and relish in the loneliness, eat dinner with Jeremy when he got home, and to top it all off spend the night fucking him. It was so repetitive, everything was the same, and she thought that her head was going to explode.

BRYCE

For the past week, all he could do was think about her. Where she was, what she was doing. He tried to tell himself that she might be sick, she might be visiting a great-aunt; but he knew. He knew that she spent her nights in Jeremy's bed, and he knew that she would soon completely forget about him.

Both relief and letdown flooded through him all week; battling the other. Relief, because he would finally be able to focus, not spend his days with his thoughts fixed on her. And yet, at the same time, she was still all he could think about, both negatively and positively. He cursed her for being a stubborn bitch, jeered at her for being a complete loser. He cared about the way her eyes called for help, and he couldn't stop thinking about how small and delicate her hands had been, nearly porcelain.

All these thoughts plagued him, and all the while he put on a facade at school, knowing that people would ridicule him for his interest in her. He convinced Jake that he had completely forgotten about her, and that he even deleted her number from his phone. He hadn't. Every night he stared at him, trying to make himself call the number, and every night he couldn't.
There was anger, too. He wondered what was so wrong with him that she would go for Jeremy Irons before him. Jeremy, who had dropped out of school, been to jail, and done God-knows what else. And she had picked Jeremy over him.

It's because she didn't know you felt like that, you dumbshit.

He had taken to driving to the park every day, getting out and sitting on the swing, just like she had, and the whole time he laughed at himself.

Who are you turning into?

A pussy, hung up over some drug-addict bitch. Get it together.

Ah, but maybe you shouldn't. Maybe she isn't all the bad she makes herself out to be. Maybe she wants help. Maybe she wants to be saved.

He fought with himself while he drove down the rode, lips pressed tightly together and hands clenched on the steering wheel, trying to do everything other than think of Alli Calale.

Then he saw her.

She was trudging up the road, her faced tear-stained, blood streaking out of her nose down onto her white shirt. A bruise blared from her cheek, bright and new. He jerked the wheel and pulled over, sprinting from his car over to her.

"Alli-what happened? Jesus, what the hell-" then it hit him. Jeremy

He took her hands and squeezed them, bending down to look into her face. "What did he do?" he asked, his voice low and dangerous. Christ, when he saw that bastard he was going to pay.

She sniffed, "I-I don't know what you're talking about. I got into a fight with a girl over some ciga-"

"Don't bullshit me!" he yelled. She started crying again and looked down at her shoes until he grabbed her by the chin and forced her to look at him.

"I know he did this. Now tell me, now. What happened. Alli Calale, if you don't, I swear to God I'll go to the police about this, I will."

She just looked at him for a moment, her lip trembling and tears streaking down her face. She started to sob, and he was able to understand her through them.

"I, I took s-some of the c-coke he needed to sell and d-did it and he was so mad, oh I shouldn't have done that, I deserved this, I was so s-stupid."

His heart was in his throat, pounding furiously, sending a signal throughout his whole body. He had hit her. Bruised her, made her bleed. And she thought it was her fault. He had manipulated her so much that she thought it was her fault. His body screamed on the inside.

"Alli. Get in my car. We're going to find him."
♠ ♠ ♠
I know this is really short, but I needed a bit of a blurb to set it up for the next chapter, which will probably be the longest yet. Thanks for reading!