Status: Completed 07.07.12

I Won't See You Tonight

Heaven Nor Hell

"Where is that dear brother of mine?" I heard Brian swear next to me, and turn to his friend, who began formulating some sort of plan. But I was frozen, staring around at the marketplace. Piercing screaming, burning buildings, mothers dragging their children through the streets in an attempt to escape...and it was all my fault. Matthius was here for me. All the pain and destruction was tied back to me.

I was pulled by my thoughts by Brian shaking my frame, and telling me to climb on his back. I wrapped my arms around his neck, as he secured my legs around his waist. He took off running on the outskirts of town, his friend's not far behind. I buried my face into the back of his neck in fear of what is to come. I wasn't ready for this, and I wasn't sure if Brian was either. As we reached the outside of the marketplace, and we were hidden in the shadows, I felt Brian's pace increase, taking us towards the housing area.

After a few minutes, we came to a house at the back of the development. As Brian threw the door open and ran through, I immediately recognized it to be James' house. Brian allowed me to hop off of his back, and led the way down to James' office, where he, and a few other gods, were sitting at a large table, seemingly waiting for us. I was dragged to the head of the table, and ushered me into the seat next to James. Brian stood at the head, and began speaking as his friends took a seat in the remaining chairs.

"We didn't have nearly enough time to formulate a plan as I would have liked. But we have to act fast. He's already destroying the marketplace, we have to stop him before he gets to our homes. He wants her, and if I know my brother, he will stop at nothing to get her." As Brian finished speaking, one of the older gods I had never seen before spoke up.

"Briax...are you positive she is worth all this? We don't have a plan. We have no idea what we're up against...I want to be certain this is what you want before I allow my son and myself to participate." I heard James' low growl, and looking to my right, I saw him shooting daggers at the man who spoke.

"James..." Brian's voice full of warning not to push his limits. James dropped his gaze and threw his arm over my chair, proving his support in Brian's decision. I grinned at him, and mumbled a thank you, before turning back to Brian.

"I understand your hesitance Mr. Sanders. I am asking a lot of you and your sons, but Samantha is one hundred percent worth it. I am willing to put my life on the line to ensure her's, as well as our daughter's safety. While I am not asking that much from you, I would greatly appreciate your help in protecting the city. I cannot do it alone. So we will take a vote. Your help is not required, I understand if you choose not to participate in the fight. But it is appreciated. Sam, will you please stand?" I stood as he asked, and he pulled me to stand in front of him, anchoring me to his chest with his grip tight on my hips.

"All those willing to participate in this battle against Matthius, please join Samantha and I in standing." Immediately, James stood out of his chair, followed by the four of Brian's friends. The four elders, who I assumed were the remaining members of the coven, minus Brian's father, remained sitting. I looked to each of their faces, and stopped on the man who had spoken up. He was staring directly at me, his gaze calculating and careful. After staring at me a few seconds later, he gave a slight nod, and slowly rose out of his seat, causing the remaining three elders to rise as well.

Brian grinned, and said a word of thanks to them, but my gaze was set on James, who had walked away from the table, and over to a cabinet, next to a row of his signature guitars. From it, he pulled a small black box. Walking back over, he set the box in front of Brian and I, before ushering the rest of the men out of the room. After we were alone, Brian slowly turned by body to face him, pushing me lightly to sit against the table.

"You're afraid," his voice was quiet, though I could tell he was tense. Not trusting my voice, I just nodded my head and kept my eyes down. I didn't want Brian to see my fear. If all of this was caused by me, the least I could do was be strong, if not for myself, then for Brian and Gloria. Seeming to sense this, Brian tilted my head up, forcing my gaze to rest on him. He studied my face for a few seconds, before crushing me to his chest. I threw my arms around his shoulders, and buried my face in his neck.

We remained in an embrace, both too afraid to let go, before someone knocked on the door, and told us we had to leave soon for the marketplace. Brian sighed heavily, before releasing me, and reaching over for the box. He gingerly placed it in my left hand, and engulfed my right in both of his, and spoke quickly under our time rush.

"When a god is born on Mount Vergina, he is given multiple gifts to be used during adulthood. But of all those gifts, the one that rests in your hand is the most important." Brian released my right hand, and took the box from me, slowly opening it to reveal a ring. The center housed a large amethyst stone, and small diamonds littering the bands surrounding it. I gasped in shock of the beauty of it, my gaze held there as Brian continued explaining its significance.

"When we find the person we wish to spend the rest of our lives with, we present this ring to them as a symbol of our love and devotion. And that's why I need you to take it. I will be honest, I don't know what's going to happen. I don't know if we will find a way to allow you to stay, but this ring does not belong on anyone else's finger but yours. No matter what we're forced into, this, and my heart, will always belong to you," he spoke with sincerity, pulling the ring from its resting place, and slipping it onto my ring finger. "A perfect fit," he mumbled, placing a kiss in my hair, before bringing his lips to my ear.

"It comes with a promise too...if we can't figure out a way to let you stay here with me, I promise to marry you when I take you back. It will be an earthly bond, it won't count here, but it sure as fuck it better than nothing, to know we're bound for eternity," I couldn't speak at tears began to form in the corner of my eyes. I simply nodded my head, and threw my arms around his neck. The tears began to flow freely as he wrapped his arms around my shaking body, whispering how much he loved me, and that everything would be okay.

"I'm sorry to interupt, but we really must leave if we want our plan to go smoothly..." James spoke quietly, peaking his head in the door. Brian nodded his head and James slipped back out the door. Brian took my face in his hands, and wiped my tears away with his thumbs, before he leaned down to kiss me, softly and sweetly, just like our first kiss had been.

Too soon, he pulled away and smiled, though it didn't reach his eyes. I knew he was afraid of whats to come, just as I was. Turning around, Brian hoisted me onto his back, and walked out into the foyer of James' house, where everyone was waiting. With a nod, Brian led the way out the door and back towards the marketplace, his grip on my legs tightening as he increased his speed.

Seemingly quicker than it had taken us to get to the house, we were back at the marketplace. Hidden behind a building, I cringed at the horrifying screams still ringing through the area.

"We need to surround and ambush him. Once he realizes the whole coven is here, there's not much he will do. We just need to get to him before he sees her. James, I want you to take Sam into this building and hide, keep her there until I come back and get you both. Understood?" James and I both nodded our heads at Brian's request. As the other man started to line up by the door, Brian grabbed my face between his palms, forcing me to meet his gaze. I fisted my hands in his shirt, afraid to let him go.

"I'll be right back. I'm going to take care of this, and I'll be right back. James will keep you safe. I wouldn't leave you with him if I wasn't completely sure of that." I nodded my head as best I could, and pressed a kiss to his lips, knowing I needed to let him go. As I released my hands, he grabbed my left in his and kissed each of my knuckles, leaving a lingering kiss on my ring finger. And with a quiet "I love you", he was gone.

James led me further into the building, and pulled me into a small room. He stood guard at the door, as I sat in a corner and pulled my legs to my chest.

After nearly a half an hour of waiting, noises from the front of the building, and I hurriedly stood, assuming it was Brian. But all my hopes were crushed as I heard James yell in pain, and a heavy body hit the floor. Before I could register this in my mind, I was grabbed, and thrown over a hard shoulder. I kicked and screamed, pounding my fists into my kidnappers back, but I couldn't break free. It was too dark to see where we were headed, but I could tell we were running for higher elevation. Soon, the figure stopped, picking me up off their shoulder and tossing me on the ground. As I tried to stand, I was pushed back to the ground. The figure came behind me, roughly pulling my wrists behind my back and chaining them, before pushing me back into the dirt. Everything was moving too quickly for me to fathom.

If I was captured, is James alive? Is Brian and the rest of the guys okay? What the fuck is happening to Gloria?

I was broke from my thoughts as I heard footsteps approaching my figure.

"Good work Abbadon. I can see why my brother took interest in her. She is stunning..." Someone grabbed my chin, roughly pulling my head to meet their gaze. Instead of being met with a warm, chocolate brown, I was met by cold, icy blue. I shivered, knowing I was in fact, in the hands of Matthius.

He inched his face closer, and I could feel his warm breath wash over my face as he spoke.

"I'm going to give you two choices darling..." He stood me up, and led me to the edge of the cliff.

Looking over, I was met with the faces of everyone I had met. Brian's friends and their fathers were grouped to the right, James and his wife to the left, and in the center stood Brian, his face contorted with a look of ferocity and agony. Matthius stopped at the very edge of the cliff, and turned back to me.

"You can either come with me willingly, without a fight, or..." he broke off, gesturing to the shadows. I looked over, and saw Valary walking towards us, with a terrified look across her face. Chained to her were her and Matt's children, as well as Gloria.

"If you do not wish to come willingly, I will take Mrs. Sanders in your place. The choice is up to you." My heart had nearly stopped as he finished speaking. I heard a muffled sceam, and looking over the cliff, I saw Matt kneeling in the dirt, his face buried in his hands. My gaze flickered to Val, as she tried her best to calm her sobbing daughter. And in that moment I knew. I set my gaze on Brian, and after a few second, realization washed over his face, and he began shaking his head.

"No Sam, don't do this, you can't-" I cut him off with a shake of my head. I mouthed a silent "I'm sorry", before I turned to look at Matthius. Ignoring Brian and James' screams of protest, I answered in a near whisper:

"I'll go".
♠ ♠ ♠
This is really bad, I know. I wrote it like three different times, and this the only one I'm semi-happy with. So there you go.

I still have no idea what to do story wise...so if you have a preference of what you want me to do (check out the last chapter for a description of all that), I'd love it if you'd let me know.

Thank you to anyone who has read, subscribed or reviewed. I greatly appreciate it.

*Title Credit: Heaven Nor Hell by VOLBEAT

Here's a photo of the ring Brian gives her:
Image