Status: Completed 07.07.12

I Won't See You Tonight

I Only Wanna Be With You

The next few days went by smoothly for Brian and I. Every day, his friends would come over with their wives and children, and for once, we were all truly happy. For the first time, Gloria had other children to play with. I was pleasantly surprised to find all of the girls accepted me with open arms, and I became close with all of them, especially Val. Her and Matt told me nearly every day how grateful they were for the sacrifice I was prepared to make. It was water under the bridge for me, both of our families were safe, but I could tell they were still greatful.

The night after Matthius' death, I remembered that Gloria's birthday was in two short days. I felt god awful for forgetting. I told Brian, who told me he would handle all of it. Luckily, I already had my gift for her, so I put my trust in Brian to pull the rest together. And he did not disappoint.

That morning, after we had her favorite breakfast, Val came over to take us to the marketplace, where we let Gloria design her birthday cake. To kill some time, Val took us shopping. While Gloria was distracted, I found a few outfits for her that I could give to her tonight. After we ate lunch, Val dragged me into a small dress boutique, where she told me I had to buy a new dress for tonight. Knowing better than to object, I allowed her to pull me around the store, and try on dress after dress. After trying on nearly eight dresses, I found a strapless, light blue sundress, accented by pastel colored flowers, and I immediately fell in love with it. After I paid for it, Val insisted we find shoes to match, and dragged me over to the heels section. I immediately began to object, but as soon as she mentioned wanting to make me look good for Brian, I kept my objections to myself.

After a few minutes, she found a pair of impossibly high, but very simple wedge sandals, that oddly I loved. After a little convincing from Val, I agreed and paid for those as well. We made our way back to bakery to pick up Gloria's cake, and then to Matt and Val's house to get ready. I dressed Gloria in the cute little sundress I bought for her for today, before she ran to the living room to play with Val's son. Val ushered me into the bathroom, where she intricately braided my hair, and pulled it into a bun on the top of my head. She dusted a light layer of natural looking makeup on my face, and then left me to get dressed. I slipped the dress onto my body, and sat down on the edge of the tub to put on the shoes. I was surprised to find they were remarkably easy to walk in for their height.

As I walked out, I noticed Val was in a white, flowing sundress, that accented her to look like the goddess she was. She quickly finished her hair, before we collected our children and made the walk back to Brian's house.

When we reached the steps, Gloria took off towards the door, whipping it open and calling for Brian. As Val and I walked through the door, were heard a loud "Happy birthday Gloria!" sound from the living room, and Gloria's little screach of happiness. We entered the living room to see Gloria's arms wrapped tightly around Brian's leg as she jumped up in down in excitement. Behind them, stood many of the familiar faces we had come to know in our time here, as well as a few new ones. Once Brian's gaze landed on me, his eyes widened, and his jaw dropped slightly, before his friend Zacky laughed and told him to shut his mouth before he started catching flies. Brian regained his composure, and brought Gloria into his arms. Cradling her in his right arm, he placed his left around my waist, pulling me to him.

"You look exquisite," he whispered in my ear, before kissing the skin just below it.

Gloria was shy at first, not use to the amount of attention she was receiving, but she soon adjusted.

The day went off without a hitch. Gloria was pleased, and that was all that mattered. The insane mess was worth it.

Now, a week after Matthius' death, I was up early to make breakfast for Brian and Gloria, when I heard a knock at the door.

I wiped my hands off, and rushed to the door, opening it to find Brian's father on the other side. I shivered as his calm composure turned into a piercing glare at the sight of me. He roughly pushed his way in the door.

"Where is my son?" he hissed, my blood running cold at the tone of his voice.

"H-he's still asleep," I whimpered, scared to be alone with him. Alaric growled at my answer, and called Brian's name in a booming voice. I slowly edge my body closer to the behind me to keep my self stable, as I heard Brian's bare feet patter as they decended the staircase. As he turned the corner he smiled at me, which slowly faded as he noticed my fear. His gaze hardened as he noticed his father standing by the door.

Brian rushed to my side, wrapping his arm around my waist before he spoke.

"What are you doing here this early?" his tone was hard, yet reserved, not wanting to set off his father with me in the room.

"This has gone on long enough. It's been a week Briax. I told you after Matthius' was gone, she had to leave. I gave you your time to be a happy little family, but it's time to end the charade. She goes home. Tonight." My eyes widened at his words. He can't strip this of us so soon.

"Father, that's not fair! Why can't we turn her? Gloria can't survive without her mother. You can't take her away from me now," Brian pleaded, his hold on me tightening. But his father's gaze did not falter.

"Your new wife will take care of Gloria. Since you've been so lax in the situation, I've appointed a girl who will be a good match for you. She will be moving in with you tomorrow." My heart sank at his words. Brian already had someone to move on to. He would have Gloria, and a new wife. And I would have no one.

"Get the fuck out of my house," Brian hissed, releasing his grip on me and raking open the door, seething.

"Do not forget Briax. Sunset, the girl goes. Or she will die." I gasped, wrapping my arms around myself, as Brian all but pushed his dad out the door. He slammed it shut, before he rested his back against it, slowly sliding down it until he rested on the floor.

I tried to control my tears, until a sob raked through my body. I turned and fled, running through the house. I heard Brian call my name, but I kept running, not wanting him to see me breaking down.

I had almost made it to the garden before arms snaked around my waist, pulling me into his hard chest. I could no longer control myself and I cried into Brian's chest, so hard I barely heard him singing in my ear, trying to calm me.

After nearly an hour, I forced myself to stop. I knew Gloria would be up soon, and I had to be strong for her.

Brian walked us back to the living room, where he sat and pulled me into his lap. I curled into his side and rested my head on his chest, relishing in the simple moment. I knew after today, it might never be possible again.

Brian took my hair out of its bun, and began to run his hand through it, as I traced the tattoos lining his arms. Too soon, the door bell rang, and Brian told me to ignore it. As it rang again, Brian groaned, and shifted me so I sat on the couch as he went to answer the door. Immediately, I heard Jimmy's joyous voice filling the foyer, rambling about something he wanted to show Gloria. I pushed myself off the couch and made my way to Brian's side. His arms immediately surrounded me, before he released a broken sigh, and muttered "Not today Jimmy."

Jimmy immediately picked up on our somber mood, and asked what was wrong. Brian sighed, clearly not wanting to explain our situation, so I took it upon myself.

"Alaric came over this morning, and is forcing me to leave tonight. Sundown. If I don't go, he's going to have me killed." My voice was surprisingly strong, though on the inside, I felt shattered and helpless. I turned to rest my head in the crook of Brian's neck, as his arms tightened, pulling me closer to his chest. Jimmy stood in front of us, completely silent, before screaming "Fuck that shit!" and running out the door.

We stood in the foyer for a few more minutes, before we decided to break the news to Gloria. She clutched onto me, crying, screaming that she didn't want to stay, that it wasn't fair. As much as I wanted to give in and bring her home with me, I knew that this was where she belonged. She had other children to play with, she would have a mother figure of some sort from Brian's to-be wife, and most of all, she'd have Brian, who I knew could protect her much more than I ever could, and who loved her just the same as I. I couldn't be selfish.

As much as I knew Brian and I both wanted to break down, we knew we had to be strong for Gloria. We explained that she would get to see me every once in awhile. It wasn't a forever goodbye like before. Her and daddy would both come visit.

After we had calmed her to some extent, we allowed her to choose how we spent our last few hours together. During her nap, Brian and I went through a few albums of when Gloria was a baby, and for the first time ever, I saw him cry. Whether it was because he had missed these vital moments in Gloria's life, or because he wasn't ready to give up our family, I wasn't sure, but I comforted him all the same.

Too soon, Brian had all of my bags loaded up into my truck, and we were making the journey back to the gates. Like the way over, Gloria was curled in my lap. But instead of sleeping, she was clutching onto me, crying. As we arrived at the gates, Brian cut the transmission, and slid out of the car. I followed suit, and walked into his open embrace, Gloria still in my arms.

"We'll come visit soon, I promise. At least twice a month. I know that's nearly not enough, but it's the best I can promise." I nodded my head at his statement, knowing I wouldn't be able to form words. Brian's hand came up to cup my face, pulling me into a soft, yet passionate kiss. Too soon, he pulled away and sighed. I kissed his cheek, before I set Gloria on the ground, and crouched in front of her. She threw her little body at me, and a wrapped my arms around her, holding her to me. After a minute, I pulled her back.

"I'll see you soon baby girl. It's not like before, you will get to see me again. Be good for Daddy, okay?" She nodded, and I kissed her forehead, wrapping my arms around her again. "I love you sweetie."

She mumbled a quiet "I love you too Mommy", before I picked her up and passed her to Brian.

He pulled the tailgate of the truck, setting Gloria on it, before envolping me in another kiss. After we pulled away, Brian took my hand, which still held his ring, and he kissed it, his lips lingering.

"No matter what happens, do not forget what this ring means. Do not forget how much you mean to me. Don't ever doubt it." He spoke quietly, his voice lingering in the silence. I nodded my head, before he pulled me closer to his body, resting his forehead on mine. With one final goodbye, to both of them, I walked over to the cab.

As I opened the door, I heard my name being called. I whipped my head around to see James, Val, Matt, Jimmy, Johnny and Zach, as well as their fathers, running down the hill. Brian returned to my side, pulling me to his body once more as they filed in before us.

"Jimmy came and told us what was going on. Sam, you have to leave because you're not a god. That's the law. But if you were a god, you could stay. So the four of us spent all day sifting through laws of how to turn someone into a god. The easiest way is if the canidate exposes sacrificial behavior, putting others before themselves. And you did that Sam. By being prepared to separate from your family to save mine, you were prepared to make the ultimate sacrifice. And the entire council agreed, Sam. You've proven you are worthy of immortality." My eyes widened at Matt's words, as I watched Brian place Gloria into Val's arms, and take his place to the right of Matt.

"Samantha Rose Irving, please step forward before the council," he spoke with a triumphant smile across his face. I took a few steps forward, my eyes still locked on Brian's.

"You were prepared to sacrifice your life, give up your life with your family, to keep my son's wife safe. Here, on Mount Vergina, a god is not measured by their strength, but the strength of their heart. You have proven you are worthy to walk among us," Matt's father spoke, before the members of the coven surrounded me, placing their hands on my back, as Brian's cupped my face. Rays of gold enveloped my body as their hands touched me. As they faded away, Matt's father came forward to touch my shoulder.

"Welcome home my child," I was still in shock as Brian crashed his lips to mine, before he picked me up and spun me around in his arms. I laughed as he set me down, bringing his lips to my ear and whispered "Welcome home sweetheart".
♠ ♠ ♠
I am not entire pleased with this, I have a tendency to rush stuff, and that angers me. But it is a lot of action for such a short story, so there you have it.

I started messing around with Polyvore a few nights ago, so I made a set for the dress Sam wears during the party. I'll probably use it more during my next story.

Sam's Party Outfit

I've started brainstorming for my new story. I'm leaving on a trip the 13th of this month, so I'll do some prewriting, and begin to post it as soon as I get back. It will be another Brian story, but won't have the magical element to it. That's as much as I can say, because I honestly have no clue what I'm doing with it yet. I have a lot of ideas to sift through.

But since I'm taking a mini hiatus, if you would like a message or a comment on your profile when I begin the new story, I'd be glad to let you know. Just tell me either in the comments of this story, or shoot me a message and I'll add you to the list.

Lastly, thank you to each and everyone of you who have read and subscribed, and especially to those who commented and recommended. You guys make me smile.

*Title Credit: I Only Wanna Be With You by Volbeat