Status: Completed 07.07.12

I Won't See You Tonight

The Only Hope For Me Is You

I checked my watch as the sound of laughter echoed throughout the house. I slipped on my jewelry, and smoothed out my dress, before I made my way down the stairs to join everyone in the garden.

As I walked into the kitchen, I was ambushed by Val, who pulled me into a hug, complimenting how gorgeous I looked. After talking to her for a few minutes, I made my way outside, and smiled as I saw Gloria teaching the other girls to braid flowers into their hair. Matt, Jimmy, Johnny and Zack were sitting at one half of the table, their wives on the other, all engaged in conversation.

Lastly, in the corner of the garden, stood Brian, James, and his wife Francesca. I smiled as I noticed Brian cradling our newborn son in his arms, feeding him a bottle. James Emmett Haner was a true blessing. Where Gloria had always been fussy, James rarely ever fussed. Brian had told me since he was a full god, not a demigod like Gloria, it wasn't uncommon for him to be sleeping through the majority of the night without waking.

Brian grinned as I came to stand next to him, handing me James before wrapping his arms around my waist, whispering in my ear.

"Gorgeous, as always," he spoke, kissing my forehead.

"So you two have been married a whole year. Can you believe you're actually here today?" James spoke, a smile on his face. By now, both Brian and I both owed James our lives, multiple times over. He'd been there from the beginning, putting himself in danger for the sake of our relationship. There truly was no way we could ever repay him.

Brian chuckled, before tightening his arms around my waist.

"I had always hoped one day we would be. But it's still hard to believe. After all the obstacles we faced, I was beginning to lose hope. Now we're finally together again, and happier than ever. No one could make me happier than her," he spoke, pressing a kiss to my neck. I couldn't stop the smile that lit my face at the truth in his words. No one could make me as happy as Brian. He was my lifeline, I needed him like I needed air to breath. He was of equal importance.

The party was a breath of fresh air after the past few weeks. The boys had been busy with work they had neglected, and I was readjusting to having to care for not just Gloria by myself during the day, but James as well. It had been tiring, but fulfilling. There's nothing else I would rather be doing.

After the party had concluded, and our children put to bed, Brian disappeared, leaving me to clean up until he returned. As I was washing dishes, my head snapped up at the sound of footsteps echoing throughout the kitchen. I smiled as Brian entered the kitchen, a manila folder resting in his hand. After I had dried my hands, Brian wrapped his arm around my waist, and led me outside, where he had a small fire burning in the middle of the garden. The firelight illuminated his face as he gave me a gentle smile, before sighing.

"We've been married a year Sam, but it feels like an eternity. I didn't deserve for you to take me back, but you did. If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't be the man I am today. I wouldn't have a fantastic life. I wouldn't have two wonderful children. I wouldn't have a wife who can light up my world with a simple smile. You're my life Sam, you and our children. I know I sure as hell am never going to let you go again, and I hope you feel the same. So..." he broke off, removing his arm around my waist to open the manila folder, pulling out a few crumpled sheets of paper and handing me a small stack of them. I immediately recognized it to be the sheet music I created for my song about Brian leaving. After looking over the words, I lifted my gaze to Brian, his eyes like melted chocolate in the firelight.

"As I'm sure you recognized, that is the sheet music for your song about our separation. In my hand is mine. And I thought to end the night of our first anniversary, we should dispose of these, once and for all. Because if I have any say, you will be by my side for the rest of eternity." My throat constricted as he spoke, and I simply nodded in response, not sure I could force any words past my lips.

Brian took my hand, before he turned us towards the fire. He quietly counted to three, before we both released our songs into the flames, the words disintegrating as a sense of peace set over us. The last bit of evidence of our separation was now a pile of ash.

We wrapped our arms around one another, as we became lost in our own thoughts.

When I met Brian Haner Jr., never in a million years did I believe this is where I would end up: married, in his arms, with two gorgeous children.

But I wouldn't have it any other way.

I felt Brian press his lips into my hair, breaking me from my thoughts.

"I love you sweetheart," he whispered in my ear, his simple words making my heart swell.

"I love you too Bri..."

So close, no matter how far.
Couldn't be much more from the heart.
Forever trusting who were are,
No, nothing else matters...
♠ ♠ ♠
In honor of Brian's birthday: the final chapter of I Won't See You Tonight.

This chapter was inspired by VeeX6661, who said she really wanted them to have a son. So there you go hun.

You'll notice a layout change for this story, that's because I accidentally replaced the layout for this story for my next story, and with one chapter left, was too lazy to go back and fix it.

Speaking of my new story, I have it all planned out, and will begin prewriting tomorrow.

It's called Heaven Nor Hell. As you can see by clicking on the link, another Brian story. I'm super excited for it. The summary is crap, I'll fix everything later. But this way, you can subscribe if you so wish.

Thank you again, to everyone who was commented, recommended, subscribed, and read. You guys are the best

Sam's Outfit

*Title Credit: The Only Hope For Me Is You by My Chemical Romance
Song Credit: Nothing Else Matters by Metallica

The songs that were burned were The Lonely by Christina Perri and I Won't See You Tonight Part One by Avenged Sevenfold

xx