Status: Completed 07.07.12

I Won't See You Tonight

So Sick and Tired of All the Needless Beating

As I was about to cross the threshold, he called my name.

“What is it Bri?” He looked down at his hands, and was silent for some time, before he finally looked up at me, his chocolate eyes smoldering.

“Can we talk?” His eyes held a mixture of regret and sadness, that made my heart break.

“Of course,” I replied, and made my way to his side, sitting cross-legged on the bed, and waiting for him to begin. He remained speechless, starring at the floor in such deep thought, I knew better than to disturb him. He would talk when he was ready.

After nearly five minutes silence, save our quiet breathing and the light snores coming from our daughter’s bedroom, he finally turned to face me, crossing his legs so our knees almost touched.

“We’re going to have to tell her soon. About me, and about her. We have to tell her the truth,” Brian spoke quietly, looking more nervous than I had ever seen him before. I shook my head slightly.

“Yeah, we do. She’s nearly five, and she’s beginning to tell from when we go into town, she’s different from other children. She hasn’t asked much yet, but she will soon…” I drifted off, my gaze shifting to the floor in thought.

“How do you think she’ll take it?” he asked, bringing me out of my thoughts.

“Knowing her, it’ll be a dream come true. She’s always had a wild imagination.”

“She takes after you in that sense then,” he smiled, breaking the last of the nervous tension that had been building in the room.

“No, the creativity and wild imagination comes from you. You always were better at that stuff. Her rational thinking comes from me,” I laughed at his hurt expression, which made him pout even more.

“That hurts babe. But I can’t deny that it’s not true.” We both laughed at his easy acceptance, and as our laughter died down, he took my hand in two of his own and starred into my eyes intently, holding my gaze.

“So tomorrow…we’re going to tell her?” I nodded my head.

“Tomorrow,” I replied with a light smile, standing of the bed and pulling my hand from his grasp. I walked to the door, said my final goodnight, and made my way to my bedroom, where I fell asleep, taking in the events of the day.

He was back and here to stay, if only for awhile
♠ ♠ ♠
It's short and vague, and SUPER fillerish, I know. But I already have the sixth chapter written, and I'll post it later tonight. I just really wanted to get this out there.

It's going to get strange, very very quickly, and I don't think anyone is going to expect it. It was hinted at in an earlier chapter, but now everything will start to make sense, I promise.

This story is also going to be relatively short. Probably around 15 chapters. So there's that.

Thank you guys!

**Title Credit: I Don't Love You by My Chemical Romance