Status: Completed 07.07.12

I Won't See You Tonight

I Never Opened Myself This Way

I slowly opened my eyes as the sun streamed through the curtains. I turned around to find myself alone, a note on Brian's pillow. I reached for it, gingerly opening it.

Good morning beautiful,

The munchkin woke up early this morning, so I took her to the kitchen to for breakfast. I brought your suitcase, it's by the foot of the bed. We will be going out today, so don't forget the pendant or the key, and we'll see you when you get up.

Brian


I smiled and touched the pendant around my neck, reassuring myself it hadn't fallen off while I was asleep. After laying in bed for a few more minutes, I slowly slid off and walked to my suitcase, pulling out a purple sundress that matched Brian's pendant, and quickly slid it on. I fixed my hair and touched up my makeup, and slipped on a pair of white flats, comfortable enough to walk around in.

I turned to the bed, grabbing the key, only to realize I didn't have any pockets. Thinking for a few moments, I sifted through my jewelry box, finding a long gold chain. I unhooked the clasp, and slipped the key on, reclasping it. I slipped it over my head, and let the key fall under the material of my dress, hiding all but the chain from view. Satisfied with my work, I zipped up my suitcase, and navigated my way to the kitchen.

"Mommy!!!" I looked around to find Gloria sitting on the kitchen counter by Brian. After seeing me, she jumped off the counter and ran to me. Crouching down, I picked her up into my arms, and made my way over to Brian, who was watching our interaction with a small smile on his face.

"Good morning Sam," he grinned as we came closer. I set Gloria back on the counter top, and smiled as Brian handed me a cup of coffee and a fork, scooting his mostly-full plate closer to me. Gloria pulled on my arm, gaining my attention.

"Mommy, I can't decide what to listen to, you choose for me?" she asked, handing me a stack of CDs. I sifted through, and immediately chose the Metallica album amongst the stack. As I handed it to Brian, he Gloria broke out laughing.

"You were right Daddy!" Gloria exclaimed, still giggling.

"What is so funny about Metallica?!" I questioned Brian, who had walked over to put the CD in his stereo.

"I picked out those CDs, and told Gloria to ask you to choose one. I told her that I knew you'd pick the Metallica one, she thought you'd pick the My Chemical Romance one. So we made a little bet. Speaking of, little munchkin," he said, turning his gaze to Gloria, "Time to pay up!" He laughed at her pout, and moved to stand in front of her, and turned his head so his cheek was exposed to her. She leaned up and blew a raspberry on his cheek, giggling as she pulled away. Brian let out a playful shriek, and pouted, wiping his cheek.

"Sammy, your daughter is being a meanie. Make it better!" he said, deepening his pout. I lent up, aiming to kiss him on the cheek, but he turned his head as the last second, claiming my lips instead. He pulled away laughing, and wrapped his arms around my waist, holding me to his chest as I finished eating my breakfast.

After I finished, Brian took my plate and set it in the sink, telling me his maid would take care of all the dishes. He guided Gloria and I to the door, telling us we were going out. I picked Gloria up, and buckled her into the truck, before climbing in the passenger seat next to Brian. After a few minutes, he began to explain what we were doing.

"Today, we're going to be meeting with a lot of people to discuss exactly how we're going to keep you and Gloria safe. But before we do that, I'm taking you to meet someone close to me. He's kind of like my second father. He helped me a lot while I was separated from you two, and now that he knows you're here, he wants to speak with you. So while you're there, I'm going to take Gloria to meet her grandparents for the first time. After your talk, the man you're meeting with will take you to where we will be meeting, and I'll be there waiting for you," I looked at Brian nervously. I had no clue what to expect of this meeting. What if the guy hated me for not coming with Brian? Brian apparently noticed my fear.

"Relax hun, it's nothing bad, I promise. You'll love him, I know it for a fact," he said with a light chuckle, as we pulled up to a large house, one even larger than Matt or Brian's. The three of us got out of the car, and Brian walked through the door without knocking, and led us down a long corridor, his hand rubbing soothing circles on my back. We stopped in front of a large wood door, where Brian told me to wait for him to come back.

After a few minutes, Brian returned, and took Gloria from my arms.

"You have nothing to be worried about. He's excited to finally meet the woman who stole my heart, he has no ill will against you. You'll probably be thanking me tonight for bringing you here. Don't be nervous," he finished by kissing my cheek, and sending me a wink, before retreating back the way we came in, with Gloria secure in his arms. I took a deep breath, and pushed the door open, walking into a lavish living room. Shelves of records and CDs, as well as numerous awards, lined one of the walls. Guitars were stationed throughout the room, as well as hung from an adjacent wall. No wonder Brian got along with this man so well. As I was examining one of the guitars, I heard someone clear their throat behind me. I quickly turned around, and nearly forgot how to breath.

"You....you're....holy hell," I stuttered, not able to form a coherent sentence.

"So you're the infamous Samantha?" he questioned, laughing lightly. I blushed in embarrassment.

"I am...and you're James fucking Hetfield," I answered, still not believing I was standing in front of my favorite singer of all time.

"Indeed my dear. But just James here. I'm not nearly the icon up here as I am down the hill," he smiled and motioned for me to join him on the couch. He took a few minutes, starring out the large window in the room, before turning to me.

"I almost have to thank you for taking Brian back. I know it wasn't easy for you. He disappeared for four years, and now suddenly comes back, wanting you both back. But I can vouch for him, there was never anyone else on his mind besides you two the whole time he was away. He had a lot to consider. As much as he needed you, he didn't want to trap you to this life. He didn't beg you to come with because he wanted you to be happy. He thought if he left, you'd move out of the house, and find another man, and have a normal life. But you never did. You remained faithful to him, praying he'd return.

When he met you, he never expected to fall in love with you, and he really never expected to have a child with you. It killed him to be away from you, it killed him to know that someone would have to suffer for you two to be together in a proper relationship. I know you still may have doubts on how much he loves you, but believe me when I say, he does. More than he did before he even left. He matured, he stopped thinking about himself. He spend days studying, trying to figure out ways around the laws in place for gods. And when he couldn't, he very nearly gave up his immortality and godship for you. He's always cared for you Sam. And he always will. For his and your daughter's sake, give him a second chance to prove he's still the same man he was before, if not better," he finished, looking at me with hopeful eyes. My answer was almost instantanious.

"I will James." After I gave my answer, James grinned, and pulled me into a hug. I returned it, a little dazed I was hugging the man I had looked up to for so many years. He pulled away, a light smile still on his lips, before he stood and pulled me up.

"We should you get you back to him. I know he was worried to leave you here by yourself, I don't want him worrying any more than necessary."

So close, no matter how far
Couldn't be much more from the heart.
Forever trusting who we are,
And nothing else matters...
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry it took me so long to get this out, things have been crazy this week.

I couldn't resist making James Hetfield a god. I flipping love him.

Thank you SO much to everyone who took the time to comment:

loveXrazorsXmcr
gothique4
andrea weekes
MoMo_92
powerofkisses

I really really appreciated it, because as near and dear as this story is to my heart, I didn't want to keep writing it if no one liked it, cause it is abstract. So thank you dears!

**Song and Title Credit: Nothing Else Matters by Metallica