Scream Aim Fire

11

Darkness filled the room and the only light was from the red neon numbers on the clock, reading 3:41am.

After she came came back to the house, Matt's been acting like nothing had ever happened. But it was almost as if he was simpling her, trying to trick her into believing that nothing ever happened.

Softly sighing, Amie looked, and saw Matt breathing lightly, with his eyes closed and mouth slightly open. His current state made it obvious that he was asleep.

Biting her lip lightly, she pulled the heavy duvet cover off her body, then slowly eased hey way out of the bed. Taking each step, slowly and carefully, Amie kept her eyes trained on Matt's sleeping form, as she advanced towards the bedroom door. Once close enough, she quickly exited the bedroom, shutting the door after herself. Amie's feet then quickly padded down the staircase, she didn't turn any lights on in fear of waking Matt.

Using her hands for guidance on the walls, Amie directed herself towards the kitchen. She knew that she could escape the house through the back door in the kitchen, as Matt had hidden the front door key somewhere.

Amie knew that the key for the back door, was in the top cupboard where all the drinking glasses were kept. Standing on the tips of her toes, she opened the cupboard and ran her hand over the glasses in the cupboard in attempts to find the key.

He legs were slowly beginning to ache as she continued to strain to reach further back into the cupboard. Amie grit her teeth to suppress the increasing pain. Suddenly, the tip of her index finger ran over something cold and metallic. Pushing herself to the limit, she pushed herself harder to reach further back.

"What are you doing?"

Amie gasped and quickly withdrew her hand, knocking a glass from the cupboard. It fell to the floor, shattering into tiny shards of sharp glass.

Matt flicked on the kitchen light and looked at Amie with a stern glare.

"I-I was getting a glass of water. " She stuttered, avoiding his eyes. "I-I didn't want to wake you up. I thought you were asleep."

Matt looked down at the shattered glass on the floor. "I'm never asleep." he mumbled absentmindedly. He then looked back up to Amie, causing her skin to crawl. "Let's go back to bed."

Amie nodded slightly, then stepped over the glass pieces and walked past Matt towards the stairs.

Matt watched Amie walk up the stairs to the bedroom. Once she was out of sight, he closed the kitchen door and picked up his near by cell phone, being careful to avoid the glass.

He leaned against the kitchen counter, as someone picked up on the other end. "Brian," Matt stated. "I want you to find that little shit Seward. He does not leave the state." He then paused to listen to Brian's reply. "Start by going to his apartment, then Amie's mothers. Something tells me he might have gone there. Preferably, I want him alive." Matt then finished the call.

Before he went back to bed, he reached up into the cupboard and retrieved the key for the back door.

Matt enclosed his hands around the key and switched off the kitchen light, as he headed up to bed.

I'm going to have to keep a leash on Amie...A short leash..
♠ ♠ ♠
Enjoy!

I'm also considering taking down one of my stories temporarily.
It's called Dear Future. I Bought You.
Please leave some feedback, to say if you want me to continue it or not.