Scream Aim Fire

15

Time Lapse

"Matt?" Amie asked, stepping into his vast office. Matt glanced over in her direction, stopping his conversation with Brian, before leaning back into his chair. "I'm going out shopping. There's a few things I'd like to get." In reality, she just wanted to escape the house for a bit.

Matt smiled, before getting up and approaching Amie, picking up a small flat box as he did. "Sounds like a good idea. Before you go, I got this for you today." Matt opened the box to reveal a small pendant on a silver chain. It was a deathbat. "I want you to wear this." He stepped behind Amie, slipping the chain around her neck, then did up the clasp.

"Matt...It's beautiful..." Amie said, touching the pendant.

He smirked, bending slightly to press a kiss to her neck. "Not nearly as beautiful as you babe." He commented. "Here, take my credit card. Spoil yourself."

Amie accepted the card, then turned to press a quick kiss to Matt's lips. Before she left the room, Amie paused turning back to face Matt. "Aren't you sending one of the guys with me?"

Matt shook his head, not looking at Amie. "I trust you."

Amie's heart skipped a beat as she nodded and left the room...To go out on her own...

Brian sat confused in Matt's office. "Shads...What the fuck?! She could run anywhere without one of the guys being with her!"

Matt shot Brian a warning glance. "No. She can't."

"How do you know that?"

"Because right now, she's pulling up into the Mall's car park." Matt looked at his computer screen and grinned.

"How do yo-"

"Gates. It was the necklace. Inside the pendant is a small tracker, which lets me follow her every move on the computer." Matt smirked. "And I can see anything she buys with my credit card as the info is sent straight to here. So if she buys a ticket anywhere, I'll know."

Leaning back into his chair, Brian smirked. "You are one smart fucker Shadows."

Matt grinned "Now, what is it you wanted to tell me?"

"You'll never guess who's back in town..." He paused. "Johnny Seward. I saw him leaving you club the other night. I've got people keeping an eye on him."

"Why was he at my club? Better yet- How the fuck did he get in my damn club!" Matt bellowed, slamming his fists into the table.

Brian took Matt's reaction with a pinch of salt. "That's what I'm trying to figure out. But one conclusion I've come to is that it isn't for Amie. He hasn't even tried to come anywhere near her." A thick silence fell.

Matt sank back into his seat. "I want Seward by the end of this month." His tone was calm and slow. "I want to personally make sure he never breaths a breath of air when I'm through with him..."

Amie arrived home not long after 7PM. She carried bags filled with items of clothing, but she wasn't really paying attention to what she had bought.

The house was quiet upon her return and neither Zacky, Jimmy or Brian's cars were on the driveway.

"Matt?" She called, wandering through the house after leaving her bags by the door.

"Study." Came her reply.

Amie walked through the large house and into Matt's study/office to find it empty.

"Matt-"

"Here."

Amie squealed, as arms wrapped around her waist and lips pressed against her neck.

"Matt! You scared me!" She gasped.

"I have that effect on people..." Matt pressed another kiss to her neck. "Amie, I have something to ask you. And id I get a certain answer, I'll be most disappointed..."

Amie, noticeably, gulped. She stiffened in Matt's arms. Had he found out about her encounter with Johnny in his club?

As the thought ran through her mind, Matt pulled her closer into his chest. Amie, began ridged in fear, as something cold and metallic, press into the flesh on her back.

Matt had a gun.

But the part that frightened Amie the most, was that she knew he wouldn't hesitate to use it...
♠ ♠ ♠
I actually wrote this during a free period in sixth form and really like it.
Well, I was meant to be doing coursework but oh well.....

Hope you all enjoy it.

Off to see Atreyu tomorrow!!! Yes!!!

x