Scream Aim Fire

019

Aimee launched herself out of the limo and into Johnny's arms.

"Johnny! I never thought I would see you again!!" She cried, as tears began to fall from her eyes. Was her nightmare finally over?

Johnny pulled back and gave her a small smile. "Like I would ever give up on you Aimee," He took her hand and began to pull her in the direction of the warehouse, "but we need to get inside. I'll get us out of here once and for all."

With that they entered the warehouse. It was nothing out of the usual. Huge crates and boxes pilled up with wooden pallets scattered around. It was clear that this warehouse had seen no use any time recently.

Once safely inside, Johnny sat Aimee down on a crate, her wedding dress ruffling from the movement. He knelt in front of her "Aimee your mother is safe and sound and miles away. You have my word. Now we just have to get you there."

Aimee let out a breath she hadn't realised she had been holding, until a thought re-entered her head, "But where's Jimmy?! He'll find us here! He'll-"

"Shhh! Aimee! Don't worry about him he's taken care of! I promise." Johnny quickly glanced around. "Now I just need you to sit tight. I'm going to move the limo out of sight and bring my car around and then we are both out of here." It was that moment he noticed a tear sliding down Aimee's pale cheek. He softly brushed away the glistening tear and placed a soft kiss upon where it had fallen. "I won't be long...." and with that Johnny ran off back from the way they came into the warehouse.

It as a few moments, before Aimee's brain had processed what had just happened. But for the first time in too long, a genuine smile graced her face. She could finally see light at the end of the tunnel, a tunnel that she would soon be running out of and away into a happier place.

It was during this time of reflection, that the sky outside had darkened and lashings of rain began to beat down on the world outside. The inside of the warehouse seemed a lot eerie than previously, but it did little to damper her spirits about her impending freedom.

More time had passed, when Aimee could hear a car pull up into the warehouse, it sounded small, so she was certain that the limo was now long gone. Picking up the skirt of her now creased bridal dress. She emerged from some stacked boxes and crates and into the full beams of the headlights that now flooded the warehouse. Due to the darkness that has now fallen outside and the sound of the rain beating every surface in its path, Aimee couldn't clearly see the car as she was blinded by the headlights.

Shielding her eyes and squinting, she tried to focus on the figure that was slowly getting out of the car and making their way towards her. "Johnny!" She exclaimed, seeing the figure appear larger, the closer it was to the car. Dropping her hand, she stood up straight and continued to smile, her freedom was now just a car ride away!

But the figure closing in was not getting smaller, if fact, Aimee believed it was getting taller. And brooder and was closing in very fast.

It was in that split second while Aimee made sense of what was unfolding in front of her, she felt a hard, wet fist collide with her cheek, sending her reeling to the floor. Grabbing her throbbing cheek, as a scream fled her lips, she turned onto her back to look up at the figure looming over her.

The tuxedo wearing figure, pinned her body to the floor, her head contacting with the concrete flooring. Again she yelped in pain. Her upped body was suddenly forced up, by two hands grabbing a fistfuls of her wedding dress, material ripping under the force.

Aimee could feel the warm breath of her attacker on her face. She could smell their alcohol laced breath and the heat radiating from their body. She was that close in their grip and she knew who it was.

But it was when she looked into the hollow, dark, merciless eyes of her attacker, she knew. She knew that the light at the end of her tunnel had dimed into nothing.

"Hello WIFEY! Thought you could leave me at the alter did you?!?" Matt's voice boomed through the abandoned warehouse. But Aimee knew it wasn't Matt. It was Shadows....