Scream Aim Fire

09

After they tied a still knocked out Zacky into a chair, Johnny went into his bedroom and grabbed a duffel bag. He stuffed various articles of clothing into the bag, as well as the stash of 300 dollars he had in his closet.

Glancing out into the living room, he could see Amie standing in the kitchen area of his apartment, keeping her distance from Zacky. It only now dawned on him, how dramatically Amie's life has been changed. She once thought she had a loving boyfriend, a beautiful home and people who cared for her...But it was all a lie.

Making sure Amie wasn't watching, Johnny reached into the top section of his closet and pulled out a small black handgun, from its black box, under some old shirts. "Didn't think I'd be seeing you so soon." He mumbled to the gun, then wrapped it in one of his shirts and placed it into his bag.

After putting on a very old black leather jacket and a pair of sunglasses, Johnny pulled his black hoodie off a coat hanger and a base ball cap. Picking up the bag he walked into the living area. "Where are we going?" Amie asked sheepishly, as Johnny put the duffel bag down by the door.

"We're leaving the state." He said, checking Zacky was tied up.

Amie jumped off the counter and over to Johnny, "How can we! I don't have a passport, clothing, money, anything!" She exclaimed.

"Amie, leave that to me." He said calmly, facing her. "I just need you to relax. I'll take care of you."

"Johnny...I'm just so scared.." She mumbled helplessly.

Johnny smiled at her reassuringly. "I've told, they can't hurt you when I'm around." Amie nodded in agreement "Now, I need you to put these on." He handed Amie the baseball hat and hoodie. She put them on just as she was told. "Now let's get out of here." With that, Amie and Johnny left his apartment behind, with Zacky still tied up to a chair.

Once they were buckled into Johnny's car, he explained what his plans to Amie. "By the time Zacky wakes up or Matt realizes that whats happened to Zacky, they're gonna find out that I'm helping you. My plan is that we get on a train, and get as far away as possible from them, as soon as we can." He said, not once taking his eyes off the road ahead.

30 minutes later they pulled up outside the bust train station. As they queued to get their tickets, Johnny and Amie stood very close to each other. Johnny didn't want to get separated from her. Amie felt safer in Johnny's presence. At least there was one person in the world she could trust.

Once they received their tickets, they headed for the platform to New York. It was the furthest they could get in that short space of time.

"Another 10 minutes and the train will arrive." Johnny said as she stood on the platform next to Amie. "I'm just gonna get a coffee. Fancy one?"

"Um..yes please." Amie said quietly as she took a spare seat on the bench. Johnny gave her a quick smile then took off in a fast walk to the Starbucks at the end of the platform, leaving Amie with the bag.

Amie sat back in the bench ,her hands stuffed into her jeans. In the pockets was a small handful of loose change, deciding that she could make a quick call, she got up and walked over to the near by payphone. She inserted the change and called her mother. She was just going to say she was taking a small break.

"Hello?"

"Hey Mom. How are you?"

"Amie my darling. I'm very well. I was a little worried when you didn't call the other day."

"Oh..I um.. Just got caught up in something. Look listen mom-"

Her mom turned away from the phone, talking to someone else for a moment "It's just over there Matt."

Amie turned deadly white "M-Matt?"

"Yes dear."She hushed her voice slightly "He told me that you and he had a little argument. It's nothing to worry about. Your father and I argued all the time."

Amie could hear that Matt was talking to her mom. She could make out the phone being handed over.

"Hello baby. I've been worried about you.." Matt's voice echoed down the phone line. Amie's heart came to a stand still. Yet everyone and everything else around her kept moving. "Come home babe. I know your dying to see your mother. We can work this out.."

"Matt. I-I-" The screen on the payphone showed that she had run out of credit and beeped several times

"I'd come home if I was you." Was the last thing Matt said harshly into the phone, before it cut dead.

Slowly Amie put the phone back to its cradle. She was afraid, afraid for her mothers life, not just hers.

Johnny started making his way back to Amie with the drinks. As soon as he could see her face, he knew something was very wrong.

He quickly sped up and stood in front of her and put the drinks down. "Amie? What's wrong?" He asked putting his hands on her shoulder.

Amie looked at him with a dazed expression. "Matt...He's with my mother..."
♠ ♠ ♠
Enjoy. x