Internally Dead

Chapter 1

The sun had set over the horizon leaving the sky a mix between pink, yellow, and orange. I was laying in my backyard, waiting. I had been doing that now over for two hours. It had been about that long since Danny called and told to me to get my things and be waiting to leave. By now though, I had begun to think that he wasn't coming. I mean, it wasn't that I didn't trust Danny, because he was my brother, so of course I trusted him. But it had been two hours since he called and he still wasn't here, so that obviously meant he wasn't coming right?

I wasn't mad at him though. I mean, he had done nothing but good for me. Danny loved me and he wouldn't intentionally make me wait longer. I was, however, kind of disappointed. This meant that I had to stay longer in this awful place. I should be used to it by now though. Waiting wasn't anything new for me. I had been waiting to leave this place since I was twelve. So what was one more day of waiting?

I got up and dusted the back of my jeans off. Slowly I gathered what few things I had and made my way back into the house. Thankfully it was one of those rare days when both of THEM were out, so at least I had a few hours of peace to myself. As I made my way into the the kitchen the phone rang. I stopped in my tracks. I was hesitant to answer the phone. Normally we didn't get phone calls at this time of day so that obviously meant it was for THEM. I answered it anyways.

"Grab your things and come on. " was all he said before he hung up.

Quickly I grabbed my things from off the floor in the hall where I had left them, and practically sprinted out the front door. I barely shut the door behind me. Danny was waiting in the driveway in an old run down pickup truck. It was blue and looked like it would break down at any second, but to me it looked like the best get away car ever. Danny helped me put my things in the bed of the truck. He didn't say anything as he did this. He didn't say anything as we got in and drove away from the house. He still hadn't said anything 30 minutes later when we were well on our way out of town either.

"Danny." I whispered.

He let his brown eyes flit to mine momentarly before he put his eyes back on the road. This was his way of letting me know he was listening.

"Thank you for finally coming and getting me."

He didn't respond but his hands subtly tightened on the steering wheel.
♠ ♠ ♠
First chapter! I had to come back and change some things but please forgive me if there are still some mistakes.

Comment, subscribe, and enjoy!
<3