Internally Dead

Chapter 8

The next morning, Danny was in the kitchen when I went to get my breakfast. I made sure that I had a thin long sleaved shirt on this time just in case.

He looked up me and gently smiled but went back to his coffee and...oatmeal?

"Are you seriously eating oatmeal? And drinking coffee?" I asked, as I took the milk out the fridge. I went to the cabinet and grabbed the cereal and made a quick and totally edible bowl of cereal.

"Yes. Is there something wrong with oatmeal and coffee?" He challenged, sitting his spoon in the bowl and looking pointedly at me.

I raised my hands in mock defense. "No, no, not really.....I mean, besides the fact that oatmeal is for babys and old people. And coffee is just plane gross."

"Oh come on. Babys? Really?"

"It's true!! Only people with no teeth and no sense of taste enjoy oatmeal!"

He laughed then. Not loudly, but he chuckled, which was much better than the mad and angry Danny I saw yesterday.

We sat in silence for a bit longer. Then out of no where Danny reached into his pocket and pulled out a cell phone. It wasn't anything fancy. Your basic flip phone. But he handed it to me.

I looked at it confused, picking it up hesitantly. "What's this for?"

"Well how do you expect me to be able to get in touch with you?"

"Well that's true, but I would have..."

"Look, Sophie, don't worry about it right now. You just got here. You don't need to focuse on getting a job right now. Relax for now. Alright?" He smirked. " Trust me, as soon as you get that first pay check you are going to be paying your own phone bill"

I smiled at him and reached over and gave him a quick hug. "Thank you."

"No problem."

After washing my bowl I went to grab my shoes. I was going to see my new friends.

******

"So my contact SO should have been the first number in your phone. But, considering he is your brother, I guess he gets special privileges.This time." Anna said, giving me a wink as she expertly typed her phone number in my new phone.

We were in her back yard on her swing. Her and her mom had made up and so we had limonade as as a refreshment.

"So, I didn't really have any one on one time with you yesterday, but what did you think of everyone?"

"Oh I loved them. They are all really nice. Aaron and Kim are adorable. Are they together?"

Anna rolled her eyes. "Now and forever. Those two are like glue. I swear they are stuck at the hip. I don't know how they don't get tired of eachother!"

"How long have they been together?"

"I'm not quite sure. Ask Aaron he will give exact numbers." She laughed. "Its scary, because you would think Kim would do that."

I smiled lightly. "I have never seen two people so infactuated with eachother."

"Oh honey, they aren't just infactuated. They are in love. I swear it. They haven't even had sex yet. And even though I don't know exactly how long, they have been together for over nine months."

"Wow. Seriously? That's so good."

"At first, Kim was all hesitent to date Aaron, because, obviously he is the pretty-boy type. But he proved himself to her." Her eyes got all round and glistening-like.

"What's he do?" I asked, completely interested now.

"It's so romantic. When they first started talking, people were giving her a hard time about it and everything because of her race and stuff. She's mixed, you know. So one day Aaron comes up to the girls and even a couple of guys and tells them she has more greatness and beauty in her because of it. I mean yeah it was totally cheesy, but girls love that cheesy stuff secretly."

"Aww that is so sweet."

She nodded. "Yep. And they have been together ever since."

"Oh, Anna you tell the best stories." A voice drifted from Anna's back door. We both turned around to see Adrian standing there smirking.

"What the heck?! Ma! You could have warned me I had a visiter before you let the creep sneak up on us!"

We heard Anna's mother's faint laugh from the house.

"Hello, Sophie." Adrian greeted me, as he made his way over and sat on the grass.

"Hi, Adrian."

"Since he is here. Why don't you tell me what you thought of our dear friend Adrian." Anna asked, unespectantly.

I froze. Did she really expect me to answer that with him sitting RIGHT in front of us.

"Yes. Do tell" he said, grinning up at me.

"Um, well I thought you were, um, nice, and yeah...uh," I couldn't form a complete sentence.

"Wow that is so good. You are so nice. I was worried for a minute there." Adrian said wiping away mock sweat. He laughed then, as did Anna.

I let out a shaky breath.

"You gotta loosen up some girly. Chill. We aren't going to hurt you." Anna said, smiling reasuringly.

No, I didn't think they would. But then again, I was proven wrong once before.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well that really was a filler. A bit long if I do say so myself. First of all I love oatmeal. It is not in fact for old people of babys but Sophie thinks so. I don't drink coffee cause it makes me hyper lol. Anyways.

Aren't Kim and Aaron cute! I like them. I don't know why explain them. This was just a weird chapter. But whatever. I was bored.

Read, comment, subscribe please
And as always Enjoy <3