Internally Dead

Chapter 9

Around noon Anna had to go somewhere with her mom, so she asked us to leave.

"I would love for you guys to stay but I really do have to go. I'm so sorry." she said, sadly leading us out her front door.

"It's alright. We understand completely, Anna. I can come over any time and hang out with you. Or you can come over to my house. I am sure once we get everything situated, Danny wouldn't mind at all." I said, smiling.

She nodded and gave me a quick hug. "Okay! That sounds like a great idea. So I guess I will see you guys later. Bye you guys."

Anna closed the door as Adrian and I made our way down her front walk and to the sidewalk.

The night before, after Danny's outburst, I had thought back to Adrian seeing my bruises as well. Of course I couldn't tell him what they were from because I didn't know him at all but I could let him know that everything was alright.

"Adrian?"

I had slowed down to a stop because we were nearing my house and I didn't want Danny spying on us. Although, he really wasn't the type to spy.

Adrian stopped to and looked at me expectantly. "Yes?"

"Like I said yesterday, I can't tell you where they are from, the bruises," I took a breath and Adrian looked liked he wanted to say something but I continued anyways, "But I can tell you I am okay now. I won't be getting anymore bruises like that anymore. Alright? I feel like I can tell you that much. I knew you meant well when you asked yesterday."

"I shouldn't have asked. I wasn't my place. It was rude and out of line and again I am sorry." Adrian said, putting his head down in shame.

I put my hand on his shoulder. ''It wasn't rude. It was sweet. And caring. I forgive though. If that makes you feel any better." I smile gently at him. Finally he raised his head and smiled back at me.

"Well, I guess if you aren't mad at me I shouldn't beat myself up over it, huh? "

I shook my head slowly.

"Well thanks for being so darn cool and understanding, Sophie. I think Anna needs to take a few pointers from you. She gets so upset over the silliest things. Like this one time she got rained on....."

And just like that the tension was gone. It was weird how that happened. He was upset and mad about one second and then he wasn't. If only my dad had been like that. Maybe me and Danny's lives would have been easier.

"So, Sophie I guess I will see you tomorrow then?" Adrian asked. We were in front of my house now.

"Yes, I guess so. I don't have any other plans....Oh, hey, I need your number. I just got a cell phone today. I can give you my number too, just in case you need to get in touch with me."

Adrian was already nodding and pulling out his phone. " Yes, you do need my number."

Quickly we exchanged our numbers.

"Alright. I will see you tomorrow. Now I can let you know if I have a change in plans too." Adrian said giving me a smile as he started to make his way towards his own home.

"Yes, you can. Bye Adrian." I said.

Just as I was shutting my front door my phone made a bing noise.

I had gotten a text message from Adrian.

I don't have any plans. schedule is squeaky clean. :)

I couldn't help but smile. I quickly sent back an 'okay c: ' and went into the kitchen to grab a sandwich. Danny was no where to be seen but his truck was in the driveway so he must be here.

After I made a sandwich I made my way to my room to eat it. Normally I would have stayed in the kitchen to eat but I felt like being in my room for some reason.

As I passed the bathroom I heard the shower running. Danny was taking a shower.

My bed sits in perfect view of the door so when someone comes out of the bathroom, I can see. So when Danny came out the bathroom without his shirt on I had perfect view of his back.

Which meant a perfect view of his scar.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys I hope you had a wonderful Christmas. I know I did. c:

Anyways, so as you can tell Adrian is forgiven even though Sophie was never mad lol
And now you are about to hear more on Danny boy....

Read, subscribe and comment.
and as always Enjoy <3