‹ Prequel: You're Not Alone
Status: Complete<3 Thank you to everyone who read! (:

Put Me Back Together

Best Friend

Emma's POV

"You, excited?" Zack asked while helping me pack up my clothes. The rest of the guys left about an hour ago. Even though it made me upset watching them leave, I just had to remember I would see them tomorrow. I would be able to see them every day.

I sent a 'what-do-you-think' look in Zack's direction, and it made him laugh. "School is going to be so much better with you. I hope you have like every class with me." That made me chuckle, "We only had 2 classes together last time."

He shrugged, "Well, who knows? Maybe, I can convince Ms. Phy to let you have every class I have."

"Even though that would be amazing, I doubt Ms. Phy would do that." I said while zipping up my suitcase. Zack shrugged innocently, "I don't know. I do have the Baker charm." He said while batting his eyelashes.

I slapped his shoulder playfully, "Stop." That made him laugh as he laid back onto my bed. His head on my pillow, and I stood beside the bed with my hands on my hips.

Zack smirked at me, "Oh, I'm sorry. Did you want to sleep here?"

"No, I just like standing here with my hands on my hips." I said, while mocking his expression.

That made his smirk turn into a grin, "There's my Em! My cute little sarcastic Emma." He sat up and pulled me into an embrace. He dragged me onto the bed so, that I was laying on top of him. I had to put my hand down on the mattress so, I wouldn't completely fall on him.

We laid there for a little bit, and I looked down at him. "So, how long are you going to keep me hostage?" I asked, with a smile forming onto my lips.

Zack smirked at me, "You know you love it." He said, while finally detaching his arms from my waist. Now that I was free, I just laid next to him. This was nice being able to just lie around with my best friend. Zack really was my best friend so, was Brian. Except along the way, Brian seemed to grow a little more than a best friend.

"What are you thinking about?" Zack asked, pulling me out of my thoughts.

I shrugged, "Nothing, really. Just realizing how much I love my friends."

He was now forming a shit-eating grin on his face. "You love me more, right?"

That made me roll my eyes, "Yes, Zachary. I love you so much, it hurts."

Zack put his hand on my shoulder. "I know, it's because my good looks are too much for you."

I cocked an eyebrow in his direction, and we both just busted out laughing. We ended up having a laughing fit for over 10 minutes. My cheek bones were hurting, and my stomach was aching from laughing for so long. Zack had tears escaping his eyes, which made me laugh harder.

Finally we both calmed down, and Zack was now smiling at me. I looked around, trying to figure out why he was smiling at me. "Why are you smiling at me?" I asked, while looking into his green eyes.

He, who still had a smile planted on his face, shrugged. "It just feels really good to hear your laugh. I know these past 6 months probably have been hell on you, even though I don't know what you were going through, I kind of have a taste of it from Brian."

All the laughing matters were set aside, and we were now talking, seriously. I sat up, and crossed my legs over another. I rested my elbows on my knees, and gently laid my head on the backs of my hands. "How bad was he?" I asked, kind of nervous to know the answer.

Zack took a breath and exhaled, "Well.." He started off, trying to think of where to start. "He used to get shitfaced every night. His Dad would call us wondering where Brian was so, one of us would have to make up some story. Every night, we would have to go out looking for him. He was usually at the beach most of the time. Just seeing him so upset, and torn made my stomach cringe. He was so messed up, and I couldn't blame you because, I figured you were just as bad as him."

I shrugged, "It was my fault though. You guys have every right to blame me." I said, while trying to get the images of Brian so depressed, and messed up out of my head.

He put his hand on my shoulder, trying to soothe me. "Emma, don't beat yourself up about it. You were just doing what you thought was right, and plus even if you didn't leave. You know your Uncle would of made you leave anyways so, don't blame yourself."

"It's just hard." I said while rubbing my face. "I didn't want to leave you guys. I thought you guys were better without me. You seen all the drama I caused you guys. With Matt, and everything. I just thought if I left you guys you could go back to being friends like before I even got there."

Zack rubbed my shoulder, "Everything is okay with Matt now, at least with us, it is. After you left, he apologized for everything. We all forgave him, except Brian. Still to this day, he won't say a word to Matt. In the band right now, I'm covering lead since he isn't in it."

I sighed, "Brian seems to be stubborn as ever."

That made Zack chuckle, "Oh, yeah."

It was going on 10pm and we had our flight tomorrow at 8am. I looked at Zack, "We should get some sleep." He looked at the clock next to my bed, and then nodded, "We should."

He was about to get out of the bed but, I stopped him. "You can sleep in here with me like old times?" I suggested and it made Zack smile. "My Em really is back." He laid back down on the bed next to me. I rolled my eyes as he shut the light off.

"Goodnight, Zee." I said while yawning.

He chucked, "Goodnight, Em."

I laid there for about 20 minutes and as soon as I heard Zack's snores, I sighed. Tomorrow was the big day. I was moving in with Brian. My heart beat started to accelerate just thinking about it. He is the one who has been helping me so much with everything, and now his Dad is letting me move in with them? It's like a dream. I just wonder, once I'm back in Huntington Beach, if everything will go back to normal?
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry if there is any spelling mistakes. I typed this on my phone. /:
This was a total filler chapter but, don't worry I'll have the next chapter up soon. (;

Favorite line: "I know, it's because my good looks are too much for you." Silly, Zacky. :P Got a different one? Let me know.

Thanks to the following people who left amazing comments on the last chapter:
A7X-PapaRoachLvr
Spoileddxbrat
Jimmy.Sullivan
LoveisVintage
FaBzShadows
awake my soul;
shortygirl
raindrxps
S.dunning1510
JustThinking
RazzyVengeance6661
SabbyFreakShow
AshlynnTheRevLover
terus mino
Star Angel
You guys are amazing, I love you all! ❤