‹ Prequel: You're Not Alone
Status: Complete<3 Thank you to everyone who read! (:

Put Me Back Together

Hangovers

Brian's POV

I felt someone hit the back of my head with a pillow. It was already throbbing so, that made it even worse. "Ow, mother fucker!" I groaned into my bed mattress. I refused to move, I didn't want to do anything today. I drank way too much last night.

"Brian, get the fuck up. We have to go register Emma at School." My Dad explained.

This made me mad, "It's winter break, Dad! No one is even there." I whined while gripping my blanket tightly around me.

"I already talked to Ms. Phy, she's getting everything ready. Now, c'mon!" My Dad hit my head with the pillow again. I groaned in response, "God damn, Dad. Can't you just let me sleep?!" I said, while finally lifting my head.

I saw my Dad standing there with his arms crossed, "Oh, you think that I would actually let you sleep this hangover off? Aw, Brian. You're really funny, you know that?" He grinned and I rolled my eyes while placing a hand on my forehead hoping to stop the pounding headache.

My Dad was actually kind enough to hand me some Advil and a glass of water. "I thought we had a deal, Bri? No more drinking if Emma lived with us." I popped the 2 pills in my mouth and chased it down with the water that soothed my aching throat.

"We were celebrating, Dad. I wasn't just going to pass it up." I said while placing the empty glass on the end table. He sighed but, didn't push more on the subject. "Have you told Emma yet?" I knew exactly what he was talking about so, I shook my head in response.

Dad shook his head in disbelief, "You gotta tell her, Bri."

I let a sigh escape my lips, "She doesn't need to know."

"Brian you paid her Uncle five thousand dollars, out of your College fund no less, for Emma to come and live with us. I think she deserves to know what you did." My Dad explained while taking a seat on the edge of my bed.

I ran my hand through my messy hair, "I know, Dad. Now isn't the time though. She's finally becoming herself again, I don't need her to get upset over it and cause her to have relapse."

He shrugged, "Alright, it's your choice. I guess I'll just have to respect that."

"Thanks." I mumbled while rubbing the sleep out of my eyes.

Image


Emma's POV

We pulled into the parking lot of Huntington Beach High School. I looked around to empty parking lot except a few cars including us were here. Today was the last day of winter break according to Brian. Once we got out of the car, I made sure my aviators were on my eyes securely. I had a huge hangover from last night and I was so afraid Brian Sr was going to be mad at me but, he actually made a joke about being too loud when I woke up.

I followed them into main entrance and we made our way to the Office. It felt like it was my first day all over again. We walked into the Office and I heard the familiar voice. "Well, I'll be damned. Is that you, Emma?" I smiled at Ms. Phy who was sitting behind her desk.

She smiled at Brian Sr, "Nice to see you Mr. Haner." Ms. Phy then looked at Brian, "I would say it's nice to see you but, I always see you. You're always getting into some kind of trouble." She said with a wave of her hand. Brian chuckled and Ms. Phy looked at me, "So, you're back in HB?"

I nodded, "Looks that way."

Ms. Phy smiled, "Well, I'm glad to have you back. Now do you have your transcript? I'll try and get everything sorted out so, your schedule will be ready by tomorrow." I handed her the envelope and she thanked me. Brian Sr had to sign a few papers and we left.

Once we were in the car again, I felt my phone vibrate. I pulled it out of my pocket to see a text message from Jimmy:

Tell Haner to answer his phone. I've been trying to call him all day, oh and good morning my dear Emmerz. ;)

I rolled my eyes and leaned to the front where Brian was sitting. "Jimmy just texted me saying that you need to answer you phone because, he's been trying to call you all day." Brian chuckled and patted his pockets. "I don't have it.." His face went blank. "I think I left it at the park."

Brian Sr glared at his son, "Are you kidding me, Brian? I paid good money for that damn thing."

"It's probably at the spot where I left it. No one but, us goes there so, I doubt anyone will steal it." Brian explained trying to reassure his Dad. It seemed to work. We got home and as soon as we got out of the car Brian looked at me, "I'm going to go get it, do you wanna come?"

I shook my head, "Nah. I was thinking about taking a nice hot shower." I said while shrugging.

"Alright, that's cool. I'll see you when I get back then." He said and I nodded watching him walk off down the street. Once he was out of sight, I headed into the house. Suzy called my name from the kitchen. I walked into the kitchen to see her cooking something that smelled delicious.

She smiled at me, "Sit. I just made spaghetti." My stomach was pretty hungry so, I sat down at the kitchen table. She walked over to me and handed me a bowl full of pasta. I smiled and thanked her.

"Oh, no problem, honey." Suzy said while sitting across from me.

I began to eat and she was eying me while grinning. "So, how are things with you and Jr?"

"What do mean?" I asked while biting the inside of my cheek.

She wiggled her eyebrows at me, "I see the way you two look at each other. Either you're in love with him or you just really like staring at him." My face turned red and I frowned. Did I stare at him that much?

Suzy laughed at my expression, "By the looks of it, Brian feels the same way." I twirled the noodles around with my fork not really knowing what to say to that. After everything I've been through, I wasn't sure if I could just jump into a relationship with him.

"Hun, I want you to know that since you're living us now, you can talk to me about anything. Okay? Don't be afraid to speak up about anything. It'll be nice to have a girl in the house. Level out the testosterone." Suzy chuckled and it even made me laugh.

I smiled at her, "Thanks, it means a lot. Oh, and thanks for the food."

She waved her hand, "No problem, sweetie."

"Do you want me to wash out my dish?" I asked while standing to my feet.

Suzy shook her head, "No, that's okay. I got it, you go do whatever you were going to do before I called you in here." She said with a smile. I did as she said and went up the stairs to take a hot shower.

Once I got out, I changed into some jeans and my favorite Metallica t shirt which happened to be the one Jimmy bought me for my 16th birthday. I brushed my hair and noticed Brian still wasn't back yet. I decided to text him to make sure nothing was wrong.

Did you get your phone yet? lol.

A seconds passed and I got a reply saying:

Yeah. How are you doing?

I frowned while a chuckle escaped my lips. I shook my head wondering why asked that but, I continued to type out on my phone. Fine, just got out of the shower. Oh and your step-Mom makes awesome spaghetti.

You're at my house?

I was starting to get really confused.

Yeah? Where else would I be, Brian?

Idk. Why don't you come meet me in front of Central Park?

Since he was acting really strange, I figured it was best if I met up with him. Ok, be there in a few. I headed downstairs and got my shoes on. I told Suzy and Brian Sr that I was going to meet up with Brian and they were okay with it. I started my journey towards Central Park.

Just as I was coming close to it, my phone rang. Jimmy flashed across the screen so, I picked it up. "Hello?"

"Hey, it's me." Brian said, and I started to get really confused. "Brian? Why are you calling on Jimmy's phone?" I asked trying to figure out what was going on.

He sighed, "I can't find my phone. Someone must of stole it."

I frowned, "But, you were-" I looked out in front of me and froze when I saw someone I wasn't sure I would ever want to see again. Brian who was on the other line got worried, "I was what?"

"Nothing, um.. I gotta go." I rushed out really fast.

Brian tried to protest but, I had already hung up on him. I shoved my phone into my pocket and confronted the guy right in front of me. "You took his phone." I said, while crossing my arms over my chest.

"Maybe he shouldn't be so careless, and what I would like to know is why are you here?" He asked completely confused.

I rolled my eyes, "Nice to see you too, Matthew." I said sarcastically.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so thankfully that was just a little writer's block that I had. I am back with this story and I'm going to try and get more updates out. (: Thoughts on this chapter?

Thanks to the following people who left comments on the previous chapter:
FaBzShadows
shortygirl
XxRebeccaLeexX
Jimmy.Sullivan
Jesse711
JustThinking
RazzyVengeance6661
awake my soul;
SabbyFreakShow
A7X-PapaRoachLvr
OhMyVengenz
You guys are amazing and I love each and every one of you! ♥