‹ Prequel: You're Not Alone
Status: Complete<3 Thank you to everyone who read! (:

Put Me Back Together

Treating

Emma's POV

It was really weird. Through the whole first hour, I could feel Matt's eyes on me. Thankfully, I didn't have time to talk to him because the Teacher was explaining what was going to happen this semester. The bell rang signaling us to go to second hour. Once we got out of the class, Matt stopped me. It wasn't not nothing I didn't expect.

"Emma, do you think we could talk later on?" He asked while rubbing the back of his head.

I bit my lip and avoided his gaze, "What's there to talk about?"

Matt shrugged, "More like catch up a bit. It's been awhile.."

That made me nod, "Yeah it has, but last time I was here, you acted like a complete douche bag to me. How do I know you're not going to act like that now?"

He let a sigh escape his lips and then I notice him tense up. I felt an arm drag over my shoulders. "What's going on here?" I raised my gaze to see Brian glaring a hole right into Matt's face. I looked back at Matt who was doing the same to him, "None of your business, Haner."

"When it involves Emma, it is." Brian said while tightening his grip around me. For some reason that made my stomach do flips.

Matt seemed a little shocked by this, "What are you two dating?"

Before I could answer, Brian beat me to it. "So what if we are?"

That made Matt do a 'hmph' noise and shake his head at Brian. I really just wanted to go to class now. Matt looked back at me, "If you want to talk later on, just text me." I didn't know what else to say so, I just nodded. Matt walked off and I turned to Brian.

"What the fuck was that?" I asked, getting very angry with him.

Brian cocked his eyebrow, "What do you mean? He doesn't need to talk to you, not after all the shit he's put you through. You don't need to deal with that right now."

I crossed my arms over my chest, "I'm not a baby."

He mocked my expressions, "I didn't say you were." He added a shrug to it.

That made me shake my head in disapproval, "Brian. I can deal with everything on my own. You don't need to treat me like I'm a fucking child-" The bell rang and instead of finishing my sentence, I headed to class.

A groan escaped my lips knowing Brian was in that class. I really didn't want to deal with him at the moment. The class was Calculus and there was 2 chairs to a table. I sighed but stopped when I saw Zack sitting at a table. A grin spread across my face and I rushed over to him. I sat next to him and he grinned at me.

"Hey, Em. How's School going?" Zack asked while ruffling my hair.

My grin faded away and I shrugged, "I'll tell you later." I said as I noticed Brian walk in. He noticed me with Zack and shook his head in disappointment. I watched him sit at a table with some girl and I felt myself getting tense.

"What happened between you and lover boy?" Zack asked with a chuckle. I elbowed him in the ribs which made he say 'ow' and I shook my head at him, "We're not dating, Zack."

He shrugged, "You might as well be. You guys are in love with each other."

I couldn't say anything else because the teacher started up class. Was I in love with him? I mean I told him I loved him all the time. I know for sure last year before I left that's when I fell in love with him. I just wasn't sure if the spark was still there. I wasn't sure if he still loved me.

***


"I'm telling you. She had to of gotten a boob job! Those fuckers are HUGE!" Zack said while emphasizing huge. A laugh escaped my lips as we walked to lunch. He was talking about our Spanish teacher, he said last semester she didn't have boobs like that.

Brian tried talking to me in Calculus, Biology, and Spanish, but I avoided him by talking to Zack and sitting by him. Once Zack and I got into the lunch line that was a mile long, he nudged me. "What's going on between you and Bri?"

A sigh escaped my lips, "I just don't like the way he's treating me-"

Zack cut me off, "Do I need to kick his ass?" He stiffened up and cracked a few knuckles. I rolled my eyes and put my arm on his forearm, "No, Zee. Nothing like that."

He relaxed, "Well, good, but how's he treating you?"

I took a deep breath and told him the whole story from this morning and we moved up half the line while I talked. Zack ran a hand through his hair, "Damn, Matt always has to ruin something."

"He didn't do anything." I said, while shrugging.

Zack nodded, "Maybe not, but I'm sure Brian thinks so."

I pinched the bridge of my nose and exhaled, "I just hate how he's treating me like I'm a little kid. I can handle Matt, I don't need him to protect me."

He wrapped his arm around my shoulder, "You have me to protect you."

A chuckle escaped my lips and I nodded, "Yes, because you're just soo strong." I said while winking up at him.

Zack let go of me and pointed his finger in my face, "You know what?" He asked while giving me a forced serious look. He took his finger and stabbed his stomach, "This is muscle."

"Nah, that's just flab." I said nonchalantly and moved up as the line progressed. Zack shook his head, "You little-" He was cut off by Matt making his way over to us.

He cut in front of Zack and leaned up against the wall next to me, "So have you thought about what I said?" He asked which caused me to roll my eyes, but I nodded.

Zack but in, "Yes, she has and she said no because she rather hang out with her best friend." He said to Matt in a 'in-your-face' kind of tone.

Matt flipped him off, "We have band practice today, why don't you come watch us?" He asked me and I looked hesitantly at Zack who started to grin, "Fuck yeah! You haven't heard me play in so long! I've gotten so much better!"

"I think you mean worse." Matt said while smirking.

Zack groaned, "What the fuck? Is it pick on Zack day or something?" I laughed and shook my head, "No that's just everyday." Matt joined in laughing and we finally got up to the food. I grabbed a tray and Matt looked at me, "So what do you say?"

I didn't really see no harm in it, so I nodded, "Sure."

"Alright, just tell Brian you're hanging out with Zack. He can drive you to my place." Matt said while grabbing a milk.

I grabbed one too, "I don't need to lie to him."

Matt shrugged, "Alright, but you seen how he acted today."

A sigh escaped my lips as I got my food. I paid for it, well actually I should say Suzy paid for me. She gave me 40 dollars for lunch for 2 weeks. I told her it was unnecessary, but she insisted.

I watched Matt go sit with a bunch of people that I didn't really know and Zack headed for Brian, Jimmy, and Johnny that was sitting in the corner. I followed him and made sure to sit next to Zack instead of Brian. I ate my lunch in peace except when Jimmy and Johnny started a food fight between themselves. The janitors made them clean it up. I finished my food and Brian took that opportunity to talk to me.

He sat straight across from me, "Emma, I'm sorry. I know you can deal with everything by yourself. I was just looking out for you that's all. I just hate seeing you upset, I didn't want Matt to cause you to get upset again."

I kind of felt bad, Brian was just really looking out for me and I was making it like it was World War 3. I looked into his dark brown eyes and I sighed, "I'm sorry, I shouldn't of acted like that."

"No. You had every right." Brian said while crossing his arms on the table. I shrugged as a response and Brian removed one of his arms, so he could slip his fingers through mine, "So are we good?"

I looked down at our hands and back up at him, "We're good."

Brian smiled, "Good, because I wanted to see you wanted to get some pizza after school?"

"I can't." I said while biting my lip.

He frowned, "Why not?"

I scratched the back of my neck, "I'm spending the afternoon with Zack." Zack turned at his name and listened to the conversation. Brian shrugged, "Oh, well he can come too."

My face went pale and thankfully Zack saved me, "No can do, Bri. Emma is mine this afternoon. We gotta a lot of best friend stuff to catch up on that is TOP SECRET!" He said with a chuckle.

Again, thankfully, Brian accepted that. "You two are so weird."

"You love us." I said while wrapping my arms around Zack as we both tried to make cute baby faces. Brian rolled his eyes then smirked while looking at me, "Just you." A blush crept onto my face and Zack pouted, "Everyone hates me."

I chuckled and kissed his cheek, "I love you, Zee!"

"Finally, someone loves me! I have to tell my Mommy!" He faked squealing like a little girl and all of the guys laughed at the table. This was what I missed.
♠ ♠ ♠
More updates coming soon! That's all I really have to say. :P

Thanks to the following people who left comments on the previous chapter:
shortygirl
Jesse711
KaelynKatastrophe
SabbyHasAHeart
Spoileddxbrat
VRose
A7X-PapaRoachLvr
JustThinking
RazzyVengeance6661
FaBzShadows
kabyy
Jimmy.Sullivan
KellShadows
Thank you guys for sticking with me! ♥