‹ Prequel: You're Not Alone
Status: Complete<3 Thank you to everyone who read! (:

Put Me Back Together

My Fault

Brian's POV

The bell rang, signaling the end of School and a sigh or relief escaped my lips. I just wanted to go home and sleep. The past couple of weeks have been hell for me, physically, and emotionally. I had surgery and thankfully, everything went okay. The only thing that has been on my mind is Emma betraying me. I'm so angry at her, I just don't understand how she could do that to me. I promised her from the beginning that I wouldn't break her heart, but I didn't expect her to break mine. She hurt me really bad, but somehow my heart still wants her. I miss her.

I walked out of the classroom and my feet took over. Somehow I ended up at Emma's locker. I guess I wanted to talk to her, but she's not even here. A sigh escaped my lips, feeling bad that I didn't wake her up this morning. I should of drove her to School, but I'm just too stubborn.

As I headed to Zack's locker, I over-heard some people talking about a fight that's suppose to happen at Central Park. That just made me roll my eyes. It was probably Matt, he's always getting into fights. I, on the other hand, toned it down. I stopped getting in fights when I met Emma. Emma. It felt like my heart tightened up, just thinking about her.

I finally got to Zack's locker, where Jimmy was too. I nudged Jimmy, “Did Emma leave already?”

He nodded, “Yeah, she's acting strange. She said she has a stomach ache, but I'm not sure if I believe. I don't know, I'll probably check on her later.”

This made me feel even worse. She's feeling this way, because I won't talk to her. Well, when I get home, I'm going to try and fix this. It's gone on way too long. Zack shut his locker door and we were about to head out.

“GUYS!” We heard someone shout at the end of the hall-way. All three of us turned around to see Johnny running towards us, he was shoving people aside in a hurry. Once, he caught up with us, Jimmy laughed, “What's the matter short-shit? Football team steal your comic books again?”

Johnny rolled his eyes and turned his head in my direction, “I just heard from someone that Emma hit Marissa a couple days ago and now Mason is going to beat the shit out of her. They're doing it right now at Central Park.”

I turned to Jimmy and he now, realized why Emma was acting that way. Every vein in my body was filled anger and rage. “That mother fucker!” I dropped my book-bag on the ground and took off running down the hallway. I got out of the School and adrenaline was kicking in my veins as I ran as fast as I could to Central Park.

My mind was wandering out of control, I was picturing Emma beat to a pulp on the ground, and that only made me run faster. I can't let that bastard hurt her. He's going to die if I don't get to her in time. As soon as I got to Central Park, the guys caught up with me and we took the main trail, in hopes of finding her. We continued to run down the trail and I stopped dead in my tracks when I saw Mason. His buddies were surrounding something. Marissa was off to the side, laughing. I realized that 'something' was Emma. My hands balled into fists and I ran over to them. I didn't waste any time in tackling Mason to the ground.

“You fucking bastard!” I punched him in the face, over and over. I couldn't stop. My mind was kind of blacking-out and I just kept hitting him. He deserves to die. No man should ever lay a hand on a woman. My Dad's words echoed through my mind, which made me punch harder.

Finally, I snapped out of it and Jimmy yanked on me, “C'mon, dude. You're going to kill him!” I heard Marissa screeching at me to stop and I did. My hands were shaking and I was breathing heavily. I looked down to see that his face was covered in blood. He coughed, which meant the fucker was still alive.

Jimmy pulled me off of him, completely and I just sat there. I noticed the rest of his buddies fled the scene and Marissa helped Mason to his feet. She basically carried him out of the park and I now turned my attention to Emma, who was lying on the ground, almost life-less. The image in my head was right. I started to think we were too late. I rushed to her side and dropped to my knees. Her face was covered in bruises. Her shirt had blood and shoe prints on it. A breath hitched in my throat.

Johnny shoved his phone in his pocket, “An ambulance is on the way.”

Tears were rising in my eyes and Jimmy put a hand on my shoulder, “She's still breathing, Bri. She'll be okay. Emma's a strong girl.”

I shrugged his hand off my shoulder and I reached for her hand. It seemed to be the only thing that wasn't damaged, “I'm so sorry, Emma. This is all my fault. Please just come back to us. I love you.” The sound of sirens filled the air and Jimmy had to forcefully pull me away from Emma. The EMTs put her on a stretcher and put her in the back of the truck. Tears rolled down my cheeks as I watched the truck drive away. I broke out into a sob and Jimmy pulled me into his arms, trying to comfort me. I squeezed him, while I cried on his shoulders, “She's gotta be okay, Jimmy. She's gotta be.”

He rubbed my back, “She will, Brian, She will.” Jimmy was trying to make me feel better, but I couldn't get the image out of my head. She looked so help-less and life-less. This was all my fault.
♠ ♠ ♠
3 more chapters left...

Thanks to the following people who left comments on the previous chapter:
FaBzShadows
A7X-PapaRoachLvr
rebelteaparty
SynxDeepxInxYour
awake my soul;
itsjackz
shortygirl
SabbyHasAHeart
ThisKitty
xxlostxxinxxstereoxx
AirGirl14
CiaraVengeance
BeeSmart
KaeBug
a7xloversyngirl
RazzyVengeance6661
Miss_Somerhalder24
You guys are amazing! I love you all!

Alright, so my goal is to get 400 comments on this story by the time it ends. Think it can happen? (; Oh and BTW I just might post the next chapter in an hour or 2? :D