‹ Prequel: You're Not Alone
Status: Complete<3 Thank you to everyone who read! (:

Put Me Back Together

Too Late

Brian's POV 

I was heading to the Hospital to check on Emma's status. Suzy made me go home and shower. It was long over due. Even though, I wasn't happy about leaving Emma, I really did need to shower. 

Once I was on her floor, I headed for her room. I got to her door when I heard a long beep noise, like it was a heart monitor. I decided to ignore it and go into Emma's room. Right as I opened the door, I realized it was Emma's heart monitor. 

I ran into the room and found Emma laying on the bed, looking so pale and lifeless. I started panicking and a team of doctors rushed in with one of the chest compressors that are suppose to bring people back to life. 

This made me shake my head. Emma wasn't dead. She's fine, she looked the same as she did yesterday. 

A nurse pulled be out of my thoughts, "Sir! I need you to step out, okay? We'll let you know if something happens!" 

I couldn't move. 

She seemed to notice, so she pulled me out of the room and shut the door. I just stood there, in shock. Emma can't die, she isn't going to die. 

Tears were rolling down my cheeks and I didn't even bother to wipe them. This was all my fault. If I would of just let the damn kiss go, she would be perfectly fine and in my arms again. 

Time trickled on, making me lose my mind. Finally, a doctor stepped out. He looked at me, "Are you related to Emma Johnson?" 

"She's my fiancee." I said without hesitation. I knew if I said I was her boyfriend that he wouldn't tell me anything. 

He cleared his throat, "There is no easy way of putting this, but she's passed on. We tried everything we could, I am so sorry. Do I need to call someone for you?" 

That's when it hit me. There was an aching pain in my chest and I couldn't figure how to breathe. I slid to the ground and buried my head in my knees. 

A loud, raggedy sob escaped my lips and I lost it. I cried into my knees and wondered why this happened to her, why this happened to me. 

Dad showed up and hugged me, "It's going to be okay son." 

I stood up from the ground, "No it's not! I just lost the love of my life! I will never see her again and it's all my fault!" I screamed, causing tears to spur everywhere. 

He shook his head, "No, Bri. It's not your fault. Don't blame yourself." 

"Too late." I walked out of the hospital and sat on the bench that was by sidewalk. I couldn't take this anymore. I can't live without Emma. 

"Hey man, I'm sorry." 

I looked up to see Mason standing in front of me. Anger filled inside of me, "You did this to her! You fucking asshole! She's dead because of you!" 

Next thing I knew, I had him on the ground with both of my hands around his neck, squeezing until I could see his face turning purple. His hands clawed at my hands, drawing blood in the process. 

"Brian! Stop!" I heard my Dad's voice, but I was no where near stopping. 

I started to notice Mason's body was disappearing and it was freaking me out. 

"Brian, c'mon son, wake up!" I heard my Dad scream. 

My eyes shot open and I sat straight up. I looked around to see that I was in my room, with my Dad hovering over me. I was sweating and breathing really heavily. 

My Dad sighed, "Damn, are you okay?"

"Emma's Dead." I said with no emotion in my voice what so ever. 

He got confused, "Son, she's not dead. She's in a coma, she'll wake up soon. The doctor said her mind just needs to heal itself." 

I shook my head, "I watched it happen, Dad." A tear rolled down my cheek. 

"Bri," Dad sat down next to me on the bed, "You just had a nightmare, that's all." 

My mind was finally working correctly and I sighed. He's right. It was just a bad dream, more like the worst dream of my life. 

I sniffled and wiped my eyes, "God, it felt so real. I still feel like it's real." I rubbed my face, trying to remind myself
It was a dream. 

Dad wrapped his arm around my back and I leaned my head on his shoulder. My Dad never showed affection unless I needed it and right now was on of those times. 

He rubbed my back, "I know what it feels like, kiddo." 

I frowned and let out another sniffle, "You do?" 

Dad nodded, "Sure do. Right after your mother divorced me, just after you were born, I used to have nightmares that you died all the time. I was always afraid that something would happen to you in the middle of the night, so I guess the worst outcome would haunt me in my dreams." 

"How'd you know it wasn't real? How did you make the pain go away?" I asked, needing to know anything that will help right now. 

He exhaled, "Well, I would go in your room and tuck you in to make sure you were still breathing. Once I saw that, everything was better." 

I sighed and glanced at my alarm clock. The digits read 2:23AM. There was no way I would be able to go to the hospital this late. 

Dad nudged me, "Get changed. I'll drive you to the hospital." 

"Are you sure? It's late.." 

He let go of me and got to his feet, "It's the only way to make the nightmare go away. Meet me down in the car." Dad left the room and I didn't waste any time. 

I just slipped on some flannel pajama bottoms and tossed on an old Guns N Roses t shirt. I tip-toed down the steps, I didn't need to wake up McKenna or Suzy. I slipped on my converse and went out the front door to see Dad waiting in the car, just like he said. 

It didn't take long to get to the hospital and he pulled up to the entrance door, "Just come back out here when your done." I nodded and got out of the car. 

I walked into the hospital and headed for the elevators. Once I was in one, I clicked on the number 3, which was the floor she was on. It felt like Deja Vu as I walked to her room. The fear of my dream coming true was really starting to haunt me. 

Before I reached her door, her nurse stopped, "It's way passed visiting hours, Brian. If you were coming this late, you should of just spent the night." 

I looked up at her and by my facial expressions, she knew something was wrong, "Is everything okay?" 

"Y-Yeah, I just a bad dream and need some reassurance." I kind of hinted at what my dream was about. 

She caught right on, "Aw, honey! Go on it, take your time. She's fine, dear. Just checked on 10 minutes ago, the doc says today might be the day she wakes up." 

Finally something good. 

I smiled, the first time tonight, "That's great, Thanks Betty." I turned back to the door and opened it slowly. 

First thing I heard was the correct beeping of the heart monitor. That was a good sign. I walked past the current and saw her lying in the bed. She actually better than what I saw in my dream. She looks relaxed, calm, and peaceful. 

I pulled my chair, that I always sit on, by her bed and I took her hand in mine. I sighed in relief. She's alive. 

"Emma, please don't leave me, ever. I love you so much, I can't live without you. I owe you a huge apology, so please wake up soon, that way I know you will hear me." I explained and kissed her hand. 

Minutes passed of me just watching, praying and hoping she could just wake up. I started to doze off, so I let my head lay on the bed. 

A little while passed and I heard, "He really loves her, doesn't he?" It sounded like the nurse. 

"I don't even think he knows just how much he loves her." My Dad chuckled, "Should I wake him?" 

Betty disagreed, "No, it's fine. Just let him sleep, I heard he had a rough dream." 

Dad sighed, "Yeah, took a really long time for me to wake him up."
 
"We all go or have gone through it. Just let him sleep, he needs it. Plus, he's no trouble." Betty said. 

Last thing I heard was, "I love you, Bri and I love you too Emma. Wake up soon for him and your family. We need you." I then slipped into a nice, peaceful dream. 
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright it's getting to the point where I don't know exactly how I want to end the story. I've had chapter 29 typed out for like a month, but I just felt like I needed something else, so I decided to put this chapter up. It's kind of a fillerish type deal. c;

So there is either going to be 2 more chapters or if I come up with a better ending, it might be longer. I've had this ending typed out for a while and I'm just not feeling it.

As a reader, how would you guys want to see it end? I'll take everything into consideration, I'll already do that with all of your ideas, because I love all of my readers/commenters/subscribers!

If you could give some feedback, that would be amazing! I love each and everyone of you! <3