‹ Prequel: You're Not Alone
Status: Complete<3 Thank you to everyone who read! (:

Put Me Back Together

Making Progress

Brian's POV

Once I got back into house, I went into the living room where the guys were now sitting. The guys noticed my attitude, "What happened?" Jimmy was the first to ask.

"Nothing. I can't deal with this, Jimmy. I'm going to catch a flight home." I said while running a hand through my messy hair.

Zack didn't like that too much, "We just got here. C'mon, Bri. She needs us."

I took a deep breath and exhaled. "She obviously doesn't want our help. I'm not going to sit here and watch her destroy herself. If she doesn't want us here, then we need to leave."

"I want you guys here." Emma said while entering the room.

Jimmy smiled up at her, "Even if you didn't, we weren't planning on leaving."

Emma looked at me, and I avoided eye contact with her. "I'm sorry, Brian. I messed everything up. I really thought you guys were better off without me. I thought I would be fine with without you guys, but I was wrong." She started crying, and I tensed up.

I hated to see her cry. All I wanted to do was go over to her, and wrap my arms around her. I couldn't though, I was too mad at her to just forgive her in a second. I clenched and un clenched my jaw. "I've been living through hell the past 6 months because of you!"

Johnny gave me a look, "Bri-"

I cut him off, "No. I'm sick of this, you guys are making it seem like she's the only one who was affected by this, but she's not. We all were affected by it. Me especially." I moved my gaze to Emma, "I get it, you're in depression, and you're hurting yourself, but you're not the only one."

Emma crossed her arms over her chest like she was bracing herself for what I was going to say next. I walked over to her in 3 strides. "While you've been hurting yourself to get rid of the pain, I've been drowning mine in alcohol. Now, I don't care how long it takes, we're getting our old Emma back. You're not alone, we're here for you." I pulled her into my arms.

She buried her head into my chest, and cried onto it. It felt so good to have her in my arms again. Jimmy, Zack, and Johnny all gave me supportive smiles. For the first time in 6 months, I felt like I was doing the right thing, and I felt good about it.

Jimmy interrupted, "Okay, Emma. It is your birthday, so what do you say we go get pizza or something?" Emma raised her head hesitantly. I nudged her, "C'mon, it's your Birthday."

She nodded, "Okay."

We got to a Pizza Parlor, and Johnny hugged himself, "God damn! Why is it so freaking cold?!"

Jimmy chuckled, "Maybe because it's winter."

"In Huntington we are still wearing shorts in the winter." Johnny complained.

Emma spoke up, "I hate the cold."

Zack wrapped his arms around her, "I'll keep you warm."

Everyone chuckled except for Emma, of course. That made me sigh heavily. We really needed to fix that. We all sat down at a table, and ordered an extra large pizza. Jimmy and Johnny were having a conversation about Rock bands and Emma was just staring at the table.

The door opened and a couple of kids our age walked in. Emma noticed them, and tensed up. I got the feeling Emma didn't like them. They looked like dick heads, anyway. They saw Emma, and smirked. Once they got to our table, they grinned at her, "Hey loser."

Emma just rolled her eyes, and one of them looked at me. "Hah, what's this? Hanging out with more losers. Fucking freaks look like you're dressed for Halloween." I cracked my knuckles while he spoke. I wasn't in the mood for little kid shit today.

Zack stood up, "You wanna take this outside?" Of course Zack would wanna fight. He always fought anyone who talked shit to him. It was the Baker way of solving things.

The guys both grinned, "Why not, we'll show you losers how real men fight."

I stood up with Zack and walked out of the pizza parlor. It's been a while since my last fight, so I'm probably going to get hurt, but it's worth it. Zack crossed his arms, and grinned cockily. "Alright pretty boys, let's see what you got."

The first guy walked up to Zack and went to punch him in the face, but of course he caught it.

I smirked as the other guy walked over to me. He swung a punch to the side of my face, and I tackled him to the snowy ground. I tossed a few punches in his face, before he escaped from under me. He ran away like a little baby. I laughed and spit on the ground.

I turned my attention back to Zack who was beating this kid to a bloody pulp. I grabbed Zack by the shoulders and pulled him back, "Don't kill him, now."

He spat at the guy, "Leave Emma alone, do you hear me?"

The guy didn't respond so, I stepped on his hand. He groaned, but nodded, "Okay!" I chuckled, and walked back inside with Zack. Emma seemed to relax when she saw us. I took my seat back next to her, "They shouldn't be bugging you anymore."

Zack smirked, "You're damn right."

I gestured to Zack with my thumb, "This idiot almost killed the guy."

Jimmy laughed, "Good going Baker!"

Johnny patted Zack on the back, "Good job, Zack."

Emma rolled her eyes, "You guys will never change."

Jimmy smiled in awe at Emma, "You love us." I waited, knowing Emma wasn't going to say anything back, but she took me by surprise, and shrugged, "That's true."

A smile crept onto my face. Maybe coming here wasn't such a bad idea.
♠ ♠ ♠
So they're making progress, right?

Thanks to the following people who left comments:
fiction;
shortygirl
Spoileddxbrat
LoveisVintage
lovelyavenger
RazzyVengeance6661
DizzyFromSpinnig
FaBzShadows
Jimmy.Sullivan
JustThinking
SabbyFreakShow
tinkabell-1996
-I love you all.

If we get 100 comments by tonight, I shall update again, and it we don't get 100 comments, I shall update again anyways. Either way, it's win/win situation. ; )