Status: active

We'll Fall in Love After Midnight

s e v e n t e e n.

I walked into Austin's hospital room with two drinks and a bag from In n Out. He smiled when he saw me and the food I brought him. I set it down on the wheely table. "I decided since you didn't make it there last night that I'd bring you some for lunch," I smiled and hugged him lightly.

"Thank you," he sat up and started separating our food.

I pulled up a chair to the table next to his bed, "are you feeling better?" I took a drink of my Dr. Pepper.

Austin took a big bite of his burger and nodded. He swallowed, "yeah, the medication has helped and now my chest just feels sore."

"How's that arm?" I nodded my head towards the black cast.

"I want to saw my arm off, its seriously the most costrophobic thing ever."

I chuckled and started eating. We finished eating in a comfortable silence. It felt like nothing happened between us. "So I heard you're back in Mice," I said when we were finished eating.

"Yeah. Alan and I joined about a month ago. It's going good," he said with that smile I always loved. "Anything new with you?"

"I tried out for Playboy," I started before I was interrupted.

"Wait, so I've officially fucked a Playmate?!" He asked in a shocked voice.

I laughed, "not officially. Right now they just have me as a Cyber Girl and I'm going to be doing promotional stuff for them. Hopefully I'll get to be a Playmate one month."

"Well, I think you deserve it."

"Thanks," I blushed.

"So, are you with him?" He asked quietly.

"No," I shook my head. "We're still just... I don't know."

"What the fuck is he waiting for? Does he not realize you've been single for a few months now?"

"I don't know, Austin. I don't want to talk about it."

He kept quiet for a few minutes while we watched the news on TV. "You're the only girl I've ever loved and I'll always regret hurting you like I did. I'll always thank you for taking care of me when I was down."

I looked at him and read his face. He looked and sounded serious. "I know," I looked back at the TV. "I've moved on but I know I'll never forget any of it."

-

Mike came to visit me two days later. He wasn't too happy with me going to visit Austin or talking to him again. To me, he was overreacting.

"I don't get why you're making such a big deal out of this," I turned on my side to look at him.

"He's your asshole ex-boyfriend. He treated you like shit and all of a sudden you go right back to him because of an accident," he spat.

"You're acting like I fucked him or something. Even if I did, Its not like you're my boyfriend so I don't see why you're so pissed off." He looked hurt when I said that second sentence. "What, now you're going to be butthurt because I said you're not my boyfriend?"

"Fuck off," he turned away from me.

I pulled on his shoulder so he would look at me again, "that's your problem, Mike. How long have we liked each other? How long have you known I've been available? Hell, you were there the moment I became single. So don't act like an asshole to me for being there for someone in fucking need when you won't step the fuck up and make me yours." My chest rose and fell quickly and heavily as my jaw shook from emotion. "I don't understand why its so hard."

Mike looked at me, "I'm scared of dating you and being a jackass with your heart. I don't want to cheat on you like I've done on tour when I'm drunk. I don't want to hurt you like all the other guys have."

"Don't let a stupid fear hold you back. I know you won't do it. This time it'll be different," I choked out. "I love you, Mike, and I'm sick of waiting."

He bit his lip and nodded, "I'm sorry for toying with your emotions. I don't wanna make you sad." His thumb brushed away a stray tear and rubbed my cheek. "Let's make this official before it is too late. Will you be my girlfriend, Maci?"

I smiled and nodded, "Yeah. I mean, I guess."

"Just promise me that you won't do something behind my back with him," he almost pleaded. "I'm fine with you helping him right now and I guess talking but please, don't hurt me."

"I like how you were scared of hurting me, now you're scared I'll hurt you."

He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me onto his chest, "just hush and be happy you finally have a boyfriend."

I smiled and and grabbed his cheeks, "I have a boyfriend now!" I got out of his arms and grabbed my phone to call Alex, just to be an annoying girl to Mike. "Alex? Hey, guess what...no...no, definitley not...ugh, let me just tell you. I have a boyfriend!" Mike laughed at me. "No, why would I date Mike? I told you I've been seeing Travis Barker." We talked for a few more minutes before finally hanging up.

Mike pulled me back down, "Travis Barker, huh?"

"Yeah, he's hotter and a better drummer," I smirked.

He gave my bottom a hard slap, "too bad he doesn't know how to beat these."

"Mike," I giggled and smacked his face lightly, "you're such a perv."

"I know, but you love it."

-

Mike's POV

"What are we doing for Halloween?" Vic asked as we messed around in our practice room.

"Um, I'm going to the Mansion with Maci for Playboy's party," I said as I hit the bass drum a few times.

"Oh, that's cool I guess. Woulda been nice to be told a few days before earlier," he sighed and continued to tune his guitar. "So you asked her out?"

"Yeah, why?" I continued to mess with my drums.

"Don't take this the wrong way because I like her a lot, all of us do... but don't you feel like she'll fuck you over?"

I looked at him weird, "what the fuck are you talking about, dude?"

"Don't you know the saying, 'if they'll cheat with you, they'll cheat on you'?" He asked and gave me a 'duh' look.

"Shut the fuck up, Vic," I stood up from behind my drums. "She wouldn't do that shit, she isn't like that." I walked past him, giving him a shove.

"Whatever, asshole," he said under his breath.

I quickly turned around and pushed him into the wall and grabbed the collar of his tshirt, holding my fist up, "say it to my face, motherfucker. Are you jealous I'm fucking a girl in Playboy that actually likes me while you're fucking stupid girls that fuck you over?" His face dropped and I dropped my fist as I let go of him. I walked out of the room and back into our house.

I locked my bedroom door and laid on my bed. This always happened with me and people when I actually had interest in a girl. Someone, even my own brother, always had to say shit about the girl even if they accepted her into our crew. No one could ever be fucking happy for me. It's so hard for me to find a girl that likes me the way I like them, not just fucking me for being in a band or because I have tattoos.

"Come on let me hold you, touch you, feel you, always. Kiss you, taste you all night, always."

I grabbed my phone from my pocket as it played Maci's ringtone. Just the person who could make me feel better. "Hellooo?" I smiled.

"Hey, boo. What are you doing?" She asked.

"Nothing, just pissed off and laying down," I said honestly.

"Why are you pissed off?"

"It's a long story. What's my girl doing?" I put my forearm across my eyes.

"Buying my halloween costume," she let out a sexy giggle.

"Yeah? What is it?" I asked curiously.

"A slutty Harry Potter costume."

"Shut the fuck up."

She laughed, "I'm fucking serious. I'm trying it on right now. Its so hot, baby. You're gonna womp your willow when you see me in it."

I laughed at her humor, "send me a pic, please. By the way, what should I wear then?"

"I will when we hang up. Whatever you do, please don't wear your Harry Potter snuggie. Just wear a Harry Potter shirt or something."

"Okay, well send me that picture so I can jack off," I said.

"Mmmkay, I love you."

"I love you, too." I hung up and waited for her to send me a picture. I nearly died when it showed up on my phone. She knew just how to make me happy, mentally and physically if you catch my drift.
♠ ♠ ♠
I guess not many people are for Mike in this story..