Status: active

We'll Fall in Love After Midnight

t w e n t y.

It was a usual hangout with Alex at his apartment. We were watching TV on opposite ends of the couch and not really talking. I couldn't concentrate on anything the past few days since my encounter with Austin and it was driving me mad.

"Can I talk to you about something?" I asked at a commercial break and looked at him.

"Of course. What's up?" He asked, turning down the TV.

I sigh and looked down at my lap, "I'm really confused."

"About what?"

"My love life," I bit my lip.

"What do you mean? I thought you and Mike were happy together and shit," he looked confused.

"We are.." I trailed off and looked away again. "I started talking to Austin again randomly and my feelings are getting all fucked up again. I don't know what to do again."

"Oh fuck," he rubbed the back of his neck, "not this shit again."

I felt my chest getting heavy and my voice began to shake, "I don't want to hurt Mike, I don't. There's just something about Austin that always pulls me back in and I feel like an idiot. He fucked me over for so long behind my back and I moved on after learning from my mistakes."

Alex pulled me into a hug to stop me from crying, "I still want to beat the fuck out of the kid for hurting you like he did, but I like Mike. You guys are good together and you seem happier. Yeah, you seemed happy with Austin back after a while the bright eyed smile faded and it turned dull. Don't hurt Mike and go ruin it on someone that hurt you in the past."

I processed everything as he held me and finally looked up at him, "lets just say fuck it and get married."

"Did Maci Westfall just propose to me?" He laughed and nuzzled my face, making kissing noises.

"In all seriousness though, if we're not married by the time we're both like 28, we're getting hitched in Vegas," I smiled.

"Deal," he held his pinky out for mine.

-

My phone lit up with a text from Austin. I furrowed my brows and didn't bother replying to the, "hello beautiful" text. I was a block away from Mike's house and I couldn't wait to finally kiss him. I pulled up a few minutes later and saw him on the porch smoking a cigarette. I quickly unbuckled my seat belt and ran out of my car.

"Fuck, I missed you," he said as he hugged me tightly.

"I missed you more than I've ever missed a person," I held back the tears and sadness in my voice.

He kissed me and gave my bottom a squeeze, "hows my baby been?"

"I've been okay," I fake smiled.

He stared at my voice and took a drag of his cigarette, "just okay, huh? Wanna tell me whats actually wrong?"

I walked past him to sit on the chairs, "I'll tell you later."

Mike sat down next to me and slightly hung his head. I could feel the sadness begin to radiate from him, "I really hope you don't say what I think you're going to say."

I didn't respond and looked out at the street while he finished smoking. We went inside a few minutes later and quickly went to his bedroom. I kicked off my shoes and laid next to Mike on his bed.

"I guess I'll be honest with you," I said quietly.

"Before you start... just don't fucking say you cheated on me with him, please don't. And if you're leaving me for him, then just go now," he sounded upset.

"Mike, don't say that. Its just... I've been caught up in all my memories with him and after being around him and texting him, I just got pulled back into his spell. I can feel myself wanting to be with him again and only be with him again," I wiped some of the tears. Mike stared at me to go on. "I love you, Mike, more than anything in this world. I don't ever want to lose you and after feeling like that towards Austin again and talking to Alex, I just realized that he isn't for me. I'm supposed to be with you right now."

Mike's lips went into a thin line before speaking, "right now, or forever? Because if this is just temporary then I don't want it." I stared at him as he stared at the ceiling. He huffed as he shook his head and sat up, "your fucking silence answers it all, Mace. Maybe I should have fucking listened to my brother."

"What did Vic say?" I asked.

He looked at me, "he said, 'if she'll cheat with you, she'll cheat on you.'"

I sat up quickly, "I didn't fucking cheat on you! I'm just fucking confused!" I started crying all over again.

"You're fucking confused?!" He yelled back. "I fucking leave for a month and you decide you wanna start fucking your ex again, that feels great. Go ahead and go be with the dick, Maci! Go get hurt some more, and when you find out hes fucking other girls again, don't come crying to me!"

I hid my face in my hands as the tears began falling faster. "I don't want to break up, Mike," I sobbed and looked at him. "I don't want Austin, I only fucking want you. I want you as long as I can have you."

His hard stare softened when he realized how hard I was crying. "Maci," he wrapped his arms around me, "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you cry." I kept crying until I couldn't anymore. I couldn't breathe and my body shook. I don't remember the last time I cried this hard over someone. "Baby, just breathe. Just breathe."

I took a few deep breaths and gripped onto his back tightly, calming down enough to hear his heartbeat in my ear. I swallowed my sadness as he played with my hair and kissed the top of my head. It felt nice to be comforted by the person that means the most.

"You know I love the fuck out of you, Maci," he said with his lips still in my hair.

"I know you do. You were just protecting your own," I said and sniffled.

He pulled my head from his chest and cupped my face, "I don't want to be that boyfriend, but please stop talking to him for good. I don't give a fuck if hes suicidal or your car broke down, just don't. Shit, if you need a ride, I will make sure one of my friends picks your ass up. Plus, you know all of Los Angeles," he picked my lips. "Just stay far away from him is all I ask."

I nodded in his hands, "I completely understand."

"Good," his thumbs rubbed the apples of my cheeks, "and lets keep it that way."