Status: active

We'll Fall in Love After Midnight

t w e n t y t h r e e.

Mike didn't try to talk to me after that. It had been two weeks since I last saw him. I was doing a lot better. I spent New Years with Alex and our big group of friends, it was fun and just what I needed. My mind was free of both Mike and Austin. I was more focused on shoots and getting to where I want to be in my life.

My phone buzzed with a phone call. I looked at it and saw Vic's name, confusing me. "Hello?" I asked.

"Hey!"

"What's up?"

"Nothing, just got to LA," he had a smile in his voice.

"Oh you did?" I giggled. "Why are you in my territory?"

"We're gonna be here for a few months recording our new album. I think its a good excuse to see you all the time now."

"See you, Jaime, and Tony?" I smirked.

"He misses you, Maci. You can't ignore him forever," he said quietly.

"He fucked up, Vic. Hes the one that fucked another girl, not me. I'm happy," I said harshly.

He sighed, "I know. But hey, we all miss you so we better see you while we're here!"

"Yeah, yeah."

End Maci's POV

-

Mike's POV

I sat on the couch next to Tony, texting people while Jaime tracked his bass for a song. It felt weird to be back in Los Angeles and not see Maci. I gave her her space and kept myself from contacting her, even though it killed me. I heard the door in the back open and close along with my brother talking to someone. I didn't bother looking up when I heard them walk into the room.

"Oh my Gosh, hey!" Tony said excitedly and got up from the couch.

I looked up when I heard that giggle I knew too well. Tony was hugging Maci tight as she kissed his cheek. My body instantly felt frozen and sick. Vic looked at me and away quickly. He had this look on his face like, 'hi, I know you miss her but whatever. I'm just going to be an asshole'. Maci looked at me after Tony let go of her. She looked me up and down, looking disgusted. The way she looked at me disgusted me, she looked as if she was sickened by my presence. She looked away and moved her bouncy blonde hair to one side as she smiled and shook our producer's hand. I got off the couch and hit my arm against Vic's shoulder as I walked past him.

"What the fuck?" He said.

I ignored him and went outside. I pulled a cigarette out and quickly lit it. I wanted to punch someone from being angry. This was bullshit for Vic to just let her be here. The door closed when I was on my second cigarette.

"What's your problem?" She asked and stood in front of me. I ignored her and continued to lean against the wall smoking. "Answer me, damnit!"

I blew smoke in her face, "no." I took another drag and finally looked her up and down. She looked good as fuck, as always.

"Why not?"

"Because you piss me off."

"Oh, I piss you off? Sorry, Mr. I-cheat-on-my-hot-fucking-girlfriend-with-dumb-broads," she snapped.

I huffed, "Maci, please just go. I will have no hesitation in slapping you." I grabbed a third cigarette, the last one, from my pack.

She grabbed it from me quickly, "I told you to quit smoking."

"Give it back to me," I growled.

"Or what?" She gave a devilish grin as she held it near her head.

"I swear to God if you break it, I'll fuck you up."

"Oops," she smiled and bent the stick. She had fear in her eyes as she watched my expression.

I watched her run off to the parking lot. I ran after her and slammed her against her driver's side door, pressing my lips to hers roughly. She didn't object as she looped her index fingers in my belt loops, pulling my hips against her. "You better buy me a pack, little bitch. I smoke to deal with people like you."

She rolled her eyes, "fine. Get in the car."

She drove me to the 711 down the street and handed me some money to buy a pack. We sat in her car in the studio parking lot with the heat blasting. I wanted to kiss her again but she looked annoyed.

"What are you doing for Valentine's Day?" I asked.

She looked at me and shrugged, "I don't know."

"Lets do something," I smiled.

"Lets not," she showed no emotion besides a roll of her eyes. I stayed quiet and looked out the window. "You should get going."

"Why? I like the uncomfortable silence with you."

"Because I need to go do some stuff before me and Vic go out to dinner later."

I furrowed my brows, "so you can hangout with my brother but not me?"

"It was his idea and he never cheated one me." I shook my head and huffed. "Just because you guys are in town doesn't mean I have to fucking hangout with you, asshole. Plus, maybe if you weren't acting all 'hey, lets hangout on Valentine's day' and shoving your tongue down my throat, I'd consider hanging out soon."

I got out of the car, "hey, sweetheart, you kissed me back." I slammed the door shut.

I walked back into the studio after watching her drive off. Vic was sitting on the couch and looked at me.

"New rule guys: don't fucking bring her around unless you wanna get your asses kicked," I spat.