Status: active

We'll Fall in Love After Midnight

t w e n t y s i x.

As fate would have it, I ran into Mr. Carlile a week later at a party (yet again). I gave a small smile when I saw him as I entered into the kitchen to grab myself a drink. He was leaned up against the counter talking to another guy covered in tattoos.

"Why do we always bump into each other places? I think it's a sign," he winked as he came up next to me.

I smiled while pouring myself a drink, "if that's what you wanna call it." I looked up at him and took a drink using my right hand, mindlessly.

Austin's eyes wondered with the cup as I removed it from my lips. He licked his lips and looked back at me, "you're engaged?"

"No, it's just a promise ring."

"Oh." His eyes looked so hurt, just like that night at Warped Tour. He cleared his throat, "so did you just get here? Is anyone with you?"

I took another sip, "nah, I've been here like thirty minutes just socializing. I didn't want to sit at home tonight so I figured I'd take someone up on a party invite, though its rather boring here."

"Yeah, that's why I've been in the kitchen forever talking," he nodded. "We should hangout instead!"

I chuckled as I looked up at him. My stomach did flips, everything felt like that school girl crush again. It felt like the night we first met; I loved it. "Yeah, okay," I smiled and finished my drink. I watched him say goodbye to his friend before coming over and linking our hands together to go to my car.

"So where do you wanna go?" I asked, starting the engine.

"I don't know," he laughed. He bit his lip while squinting, trying to think. "Lets go get tacos and Coronas."

"Sounds good to me."

-

"Oh God, I forgot about that," I laughed as Austin retold one of our memories.

We were on our third round of beers and onto our millionth laugh. No one else occupied the space as it was late and people aren't normally out at 2am on a weekday. It felt good to talk to him like old times, without any drama or tension between us. He expressed how happy he was for me and where I was headed, both relationship and career wise. I felt the same for him as he told me how well the band was doing; I always knew deep in my heart they'd eventually get a bigger break.

The bells on the restaurant door chimed with laughter and cold coming in. Austin's smile dropped when he looked past my head at who had walked in. I turned my attention to the door to see a few familiar faces, one that didn't look to pleased to see me.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" Mike asked, walking towards our table. I instantly felt sick, even though I had done nothing wrong. "Some fucking party, huh? More like a party in your fucking pants, you stupid whore!"

"Mike! Hey, come on," Tony said, grabbing his friend's arm.

"I'm a stupid whore, Mike? You don't know anything that's happened tonight!" I yelled at him back, causing the few workers to look in our direction.

"Honestly man, nothing happened," Austin chimed in.

Mike jerked away from Tony's grip, "come talk to me outside for a minute," he said, staring directly at me. I didn't blink as I quickly got out of the booth and followed Mike outside; his hand tight on my forearm.

"Mike, nothing happened. I'm not lying to you." My voice was shaky.

"Really? Then fucking explain yourself because right now you make me feel stupid. This shit keeps fucking happening after you swear you're never talking to him again!" He yelled in my face.

"I was at that party, it was boring and we ran into each other. We've been hanging out here ever since just talking," I was crying by now.

Mike huffed and shook his head. I felt his rough hand against my cheek, making it burn as it was already cold from the outside air. I held my breath as I looked at him and the same bells were heard again, this time with Austin's anger coming out of it.

I watched Austin jerk Mike by his hoodie and slam him onto the ground. "Really, motherfucker?! You're going to touch her like that?!" Austin screamed at him, laying his own fist to Mike's face.

The rest of our friends came running out to break it up. Tony and Jaime pulled Austin from Mike and slammed him against my car next to me. Mike slowly got up, spitting blood out before getting in my face once more.

"I want my fucking ring back," he said lowly.

I shakily slid it off of my right hand, and pressed it hard against his chest. "Good, because I don't want it back," I said, choking on my words.

Vic, Jaime, and Tony looked at me sympathetically before pulling him with them to their rented van. I swallowed back more tears and turned my attention back to Austin. He was rubbing his chest with a bloody hand and looked over at me.

"I'm sorry, Maci. I wouldn't have asked to hangout if I knew that would happen," he said, pulling me into a hug. I cried into his hoodie as he rubbed my back. "Motherfucker slugged me right in the sternum."

I gave his chest a kiss and pulled away from his grip, "don't worry about it. I think I'm used to this constant shit by now."

He kissed my forehead, "I'm gonna go pay for our stuff, then we'll go home, okay?" I nodded and got into my car. I fumbled around with Twitter until the passenger side door opened. "Are you okay to drive?" He asked.

"Yeah," I nodded and put my phone away. I drove back to my apartment that we once shared and went inside. We stood around quietly for a few minutes before I finally spoke up. "Will you take a shower with me?"

His eyes nearly left their sockets when he heard me, causing me to giggle. He gave a small nod, "yeah, that sounds good."

It was the first time in so long that we were having an intimate moment. The hot shower felt amazing against my skin, but his skin against mine felt even better. I forgot what it was like to feel his hands gently cupping my face while he kissed me. Feeling his hands wonder against the skin that had been untouched by him for so long gave me goosebumps; Feeling his lips on my neck and collarbones sent me over the edge.

I wrapped my legs around his waist as he picked me up carefully, and turned off the shower. We kissed as he walked our wet bodies to my bed, laying me down softly. I looked into his brown eyes that I had missed seeing this close as he licked his lips before sliding himself into me. The small gasp left my lips and onto his as he kissed me.

I felt more in love with him than I have ever felt for anyone in the entire world. I felt like this was who I was supposed to be with in this very moment, and possibly forever.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know you guys like the drama, soooooo.......