Status: active

We'll Fall in Love After Midnight

t h r e e.

I felt anxious as I danced around in my kitchen to Blink 182 and waited for my grilled cheese sandwich to cook. I heard a knock at my door and I quickly ran to answer it.

"Hiiii!" I said excitedly as I opened the door and hugged Austin.

"Hey you," he said and picked me up to hug me tighter.

"Good to see you," I told him as he set me down.

"Cookin' and listening to Blink? Vidy niiiiceee," he laughed and closed the door behind us.

"Want one?" I asked as I flipped the sandwich.

"Sure," he said and sat down at the table.

I finished our sandwiches and grabbed us each a bottled water before sitting down next to him.

"So how was the drive?" I asked and bit into my sandwich.

"It was fine, not too bad of traffic," he said.

We finished eating quietly. I put the dishes in the dishwasher and walked into my room to get dressed for the event. I decided to go with black skinny jeans, black heals, and a flowy gray tank with a black faux leather jacket over it.

Austin whistled when I walked back into the living room.

"Someone looks spiffy," he said.

"Shut up," I said and smacked his chest when he stood up.

"Ready to go?" He asked and held my hand.

"Yeah," I said and grabbed my purse.

We sang along to the songs on his mix CDs on the way to where they were having the party. We had the same taste in music which made me happy considering the guys I date usually have shitty taste in music.

"Sorry if I act weird and awkward tonight," Austin said as he turned the music down. "I've never been to something like this and you're just really pretty and cool." His face was red and he looked nervous as hell which made me laugh silently to myself.

"Well thank you, but don't worry. It's going to be chill and look at it like this: free drinks and sometimes a swag bag," I said, holding his hand.

We got there a few minutes later and took a few pictures on the carpet. Austin felt nervous the idea of it but I told him to think of it as one of his concerts when people take pictures of him. We got to the door and were greeted by Alex and his coworker with clipboards.

"Name?" Alex said with a goofy look on his face.

"Maci Westfall," I said, punching him in the arm. Austin looked at me like I was crazy. "Oh shit, Austin this is my best friend Alex. Alex, this is Austin," I said introducing them.

"Nice to meet you," Austin said and shook his hand.

"You too," Alex said and moved to let us pass.

"I'll see you later," I told Alex and smacked his butt.

Austin wrapped his arm around me and led us to the drinks. His scent was turning into my favorite smell in the world as his laugh was becoming my favorite sound. Our faces stayed close so we could hear each other talk in the loud party. I bumped into some people I knew and I introduced Austin to them as my good friend. He squeezed my hand tight every time I said it.

We went back to my apartment around 1am. Cuddling felt right as we talked about our pasts and what we want for our futures. He told me about his mom passing away, I told him about how I graduated high school at 16 and moved from Seattle against my parent's wishes. Austin said I was, 'too hot for Seattle, but too beautiful for Los Angeles'.

What took me almost two months to feel for Luke took me three days to feel for Austin. I've known him for less than a week and I'm already head over heals. I feel so connected and drawn into him from his smile and laugh to his tattoos and personality. All I could think about was wanting to kiss his lips and be his.

I woke up with my back against his chest, our legs intertwined. Austin's warm breath went against the back of my neck causing me to close my eyes again and bite my lip. He breathed in longer and released in a groan.

"Good morning," I said and turned over to face him.

"Morning," he said with a smile.

Our eyes traced each other's faces. I could feel his heart beat faster against my hand that was placed on his chest. He placed his hand on the back of my head, his fingers in my hair perfectly, pulling our faces closer until our lips met. He pulled away and apologized.

"Don't be sorry. I've been wanting this since we met," I admitted.

"Me too."

"I made that sound like I met you forever ago," I chuckled.

"It feels like it's been forever," he said. I kissed him again.

"Please don't fuck me over, Austin Carlile," I whispered.

"I won't let myself, I promise," he said quietly and kissed my forehead.

it has to be you love, that I've been dreaming of.
♠ ♠ ♠
thanks to the 8 subscribers I have so far! I don't know how I feel about this chapter. I think I'm going to fast forward a lot so I can get Mike in here because I have more writing ideas with him in this story than without him in it.