Status: active

We'll Fall in Love After Midnight

t h i r t y t w o.

Austin walked into our room that was covered in luggage and clothing, "Babe! Why is our bedroom a disaster zone?"

I walked out of the bathroom and shrugged, "figured I'd start packing early."

He squat down to look at some of the articles of clothing, noticing some were his own. "Why'd you touch my shit, Maci?" It came out more of a statement than a question.

"Um, because I always help you pack for tour?" I was confused and pulled on my black skinny jeans. I watched him walk over to his dresser where his boxers and t-shirts were stored in. He dug around in a panic, sighing once he stopped. "What's your problem?"

"Nothing, I just don't want you touching my stuff." He started to undress, keeping his eyes on mine.

"Since when can't I touch your Hanes and Terror shirts?" I snapped at him.

He stepped closer to me, knowing it was easy to intimidate me with his height. I expected him to say shit to me but instead backed down and bit his cheek. I rolled my eyes as he turned around to go take a quick shower. I watched him get dressed and spray his cologne before coming over to the bed. I rolled onto my back and looked at him as his hand ran up and down my thigh.

I bit my lip as my breathing quickened. "You know I can't control myself when you start doing this, especially wearing fresh cologne," I said, running my hands down his torso.

He kissed my collarbones and smiled, "I know."

I started to sit up but was stopped before I could get off the bed. "What?" I asked.

Austin cupped my face and stared at me, "Nothing...I just love you."

-

We got to the Warped Tour kickoff party soon after, noticing a lot of familiar faces. Austin kept his arm around my shoulders as we walked around the packed club. Jaime saw us and ripped me from Austin's grip, "Maci! Long time no see, sexy! How ya been?"

I laughed at his energy and hugged him back, giving his cheek a kiss. "I've been great, just busy with the boy and work."

"You make it sound like I'm a full time job," Austin added in with a chuckle.

"That's because you are," I laughed and hung around Jaime.

"You're playing tonight, right?" Jaime asked Austin.

"Yeah, we're going to be playing here in the next hour or so," he nodded. "Go have fun with your friends and I'll see you after my set."

I nodded and got on my tip toes to kiss him, "okay, I love youi!"

Jaime and I walked up to his group just as Casey and Mike chugged down a beer. I laughed as Mike slammed his glass onto the table, "aw, typical Mike."

He turned to look at me, his face lighting up before pulling me into a tight hug. "Goddamnit, I missed you," he whispered into my ear, loud enough for me to hear him over the noise.

I kissed his cheek and pulled away to say hi to everyone, getting introduced to new faces. Mike and I talked nonstop until Of Mice & Men came on. I quickly turned my attention to them and made eye contact with Austin, giving me butterflies out of nowhere.

"You look so in love when you look at him," Mike said into my ear.

I looked over at him, "That's because I am."

He gave me a small smile and turned his head back towards the stage. After the band played their three song set, Austin came over to find me. They exchanged hellos and Austin asked me to come with him. I said goodbye to Mike and followed Austin to where him and his friends were.

I leaned against the wall as he held onto my hips, kissing me in between our conversation. It felt like we were in our own little world even though we were surrounded by tons of people. He looked like he was holding something back, especially in the way he smiled at me.

"Can I ask you something?" He asked, pulling away from me a little.

"Of course, baby." I gave him a kiss. My breathing stopped as I watched him reach into his pocket and get down on one knee. "Oh my God," I whispered.

"Maci, since I met you I knew that you were the one. You're the person I'm meant to marry, have babies with, and die with. You're the only person I could ever imagine marrying, so will you just say yes so I can stop spilling my guts?" He opened a small box, showing off a big diamond ring.

I nodded and watched him slip the ring on my finger. Our friends cheered as Austin picked me up, kissing me the way they do in the movies; I felt like I was dreaming. I instantly knew it was real when I was set back down and I met eyes with Mike from across the room. A wave of sickness washed over me as I watched him throw his drink to the floor and walk out of the nearest exit.
♠ ♠ ♠
the ring I picture is the Tiffany Embrace.