Status: active

We'll Fall in Love After Midnight

t h i r t y f o u r.

My white mini dress hugged my curves as I looked at myself one last time in the mirror. Austin walked into the bathroom and whistled. I blushed and kissed him, "you ready?"

Austin nodded, "Yes. Are you?"

"I think so."

"You look amazing, baby." His smile made my stomach do flips. "We gotta go, the guys are waiting downstairs for us."

I grabbed my clutch and we left the room. Austin squeezed my hand as we began walking down the hallway towards the elevators. I let out a small squeal and threw my arms around his neck once we were inside the elevator. "Austin, we're going to be married in less than an hour!" I yelled excitedly.

"I know!" He laughed at my joy and kissed my forehead.

Our group walked through the lobby many hours after Austin and I got hitched. It was the best night of my life; I married my best friend with only our closest friends around us. I'm glad we didn't go out and get wasted, only having a nice big dinner and some drinks. Austin carried me through the hotel bridal style, giving people free flashes on accident. My left arm still held my small bouquet as it stayed around his neck. Random strangers told us congrats as we walked past which made me want to throw up from happiness; they validated that it was real.

Austin set me down on our bed, "I love you."

"I love you, too. You have no idea how happy I am right now," I said.

"I know how happy you are just by looking at that smile that won't leave your face."

I felt my cheeks begin to burn as he cupped them and began to kiss my lips.

-

My ears were filled with the screams of teenage girls as a group of security led Austin, Shayley, and I back to the bus. It annoyed me to no end hearing it day after day, I don't know how the guys do it everyday of their lives. Austin decided to take a nap before they had to play later in the night, leaving me to go explore.

I began walking and stopped when I found Pierce The Veil's bus. I banged on the door until it flung open, nearly hitting me. "Oh shit! Sorry," Casey laughed and let me inside.

"It's okay. How have you been?" I asked as I hugged him once I was inside.

"The same," he responded and closed the door.

"Is that Maci I hear?" Tony asked from the small kitchen nook.

"It is!" I smiled and walked over to where he and Jaime were sitting. I sat on his lap, "how are you, Mr. Perry?"

"Amazing now that you're here," he winked.

The four of us sat around and talked until Mike came onto the bus, stopping dead in his tracks when he saw me. He looked pissed as soon as he saw me, which worried me instantly. "Hey Mike," I said to be polite.

"Can I talk to you outside?" His voice was low.

"Y-yeah," I stuttered and got off of Tony's lap. I followed him outside through the maze of buses until he stopped in the middle of them all. "What's going on?" I asked.

"Did you marry him?" His voice shook.

"What?" I felt my heart instantly drop.

"Did you fucking marry him last night, Maci!" He yelled and his eyes became full of tears. I stayed silent and tried my hardest not to get upset. "Fucking answer me!" He yelled again, giving my shoulders a shake.

I began to nod. "Yes," I whispered.

"How could you do this to me, Mace?" He asked.

"What do you mean, Mike? What the fuck do you mean? You knew this day was going to come!" I felt a few tears begin to run down my cheeks.

"I did know it was going to happen but not so fucking soon. I'm still not over all of it and you just went and did it like nothing matters."

"You're being selfish," I whispered. "I mean, did you really think I was going to just never marry him and only worry about your feelings?"

His hands remained on my shoulders and his eyes studied my face. "I just would have thought you'd give it more time before you made it official."

"No, you mean more time to reconsider marrying you," I said. "You're making me feel like a guilty piece of shit because I'm happy. It's killing you that I married him and not you."

Mike let go of me and looked away, thinking about what I said. It was taking every bit of me to not break down in front of him; I didn't want him to see how fragile he still made me feel.

"Mike, if you really loved me you would be happy for me. You wouldn't be yelling in my face and making me cry," I said and began to walk off. "Talk to me when you grow up and realize how much of a dick you are."

I quickly got back to the bus just in time. As soon as I saw no one was in the front area I began crying. I sat down and pulled my knees to my chest; I could no longer control my sobbing. I felt a pair of arms wrap around me, pulling me close to them.

"What'd he say?" Austin whispered and began to rub my back. I couldn't respond from crying too hard. He continued to hold me and rub my back as I got it all out of my system. The feel of his bare chest against my cheek began to help calm me down so I could tell him everything. Austin held me close and kissed away all my worries.