Status: active

We'll Fall in Love After Midnight

t h i r t y e i g h t.

The nurse spread cold jelly over my tummy, making me shiver.

"Sorry," she smiled.

"It's okay," I smiled back and looked up at my long time friend. "Here's my phone, will you record a video of the heart beat and stuff. I wanna show Austin."

"Of course," Alex said, taking my phone from me.

The same nurse bring over a small machine on rollers, bringing a small wand to my belly. I watched her move the wand over my jelly covered skin before looking over at the small monitor. A black and grey figure appeared; our baby. I covered my mouth as I looked at the screen, feeling a few tears go down my cheeks. It was officially real to me that I really did have a baby in me.

"Hold on, let me turn this on so you can hear the heartbeat," the nurse said and turned a small dial.

A loud pumping noise filled the room, making my emotions come out even more. Alex rubbed my shoulder and kissed my head, congratulating me. The nurse cleaned off my stomach and told me she'd be right back with the ultrasound photos and my doctor. I sat up on the bed and took my phone from alex, placing it back in my bag.

The door opened a few minutes later. "Hello, Ms. Westfall. Congratulations, you look wonderful," Dr. Bass said.

"Thank you," I smiled.

"Are you the baby's father?" He asked Alex.

We both laughed. "Oh, no. I'm her best friend, Alex," he said and shook his hand.

"Oh. Sorry about that," Dr. Bass said, turning red.

"It's okay. My husband is on tour with his band, so this is going to be a surprise for him," I told him.

"Very fun," he chuckled and looked down at the papers in his hand.

He went over guidelines with me; basically everything I should and shouldn't do while pregnant. I tried to remember everything he was saying but decided to give up and just go buy some pregnancy books after my appointment.

"So when is my due date estimate?" I asked curiously.

Dr. Bass looked back down at his papers, scanning them. "March 5th," he smiled, handing me the papers and ultrasound photos.

We left and made our way to Alex's car. "So how are you going to tell him?" He asked curiously as we buckled up.

"I don't know. I'm thinking when he comes home from both tours, but by then I'll be close to 5 months and it'll be hard to keep that a secret. I'll be showing a lot, I'll have to lie about shoots, and just everything. If I lie for too long, he'll hate me."

"Better start thinkin'," he laughed and drove me home.

-

The band wrapped up their European tour quickly and were soon to be back in California. My mind raced with ways to tell Austin the news. I stared in the mirror at my bump that magically grew in a matter of days. I ran my hands over it and smiled. It amazed me that I now had a little person growing inside of me.

I decided to start dinner since my husband would be home soon. I walked out of my bathroom and grabbed a hoodie to throw on. I started zipping it and found it was too tight to wear comfortably. "No fucking way can this not fit," I grumbled to myself and threw it to the floor. I grabbed the smallest hoodie of Austin's and left.

It wasn't long until a certain someone came walking in through the door, grunting as he pulled his bags in the door. I set phone on the counter and walked towards the sound of his voice, smiling like a dumbass. I quickly pulled him into a tight hug, hoping he wouldn't feel anything being pressed against him.

"Damn, did I really just walk in on my wife wearing my clothes and cooking me dinner?" He laughed and kissed me.

"Shit yeah. Good thing you wifed me up when you did," I laughed and walked back into the kitchen.

He got himself cleaned up just as I finished cooking. Austin talked all throughout dinner about shit that happened in the couple days we didn't get to talk. I smiled as he spoke happily about his trip and meeting fans. Hearing him talk and be genuinely happy only made me hope our child would be as good of a person as him. We finished eating and decided to curl up on the couch and watch a movie; Our typical routine after a tour.

My head rested against his chest, inhaling his natural scent. A wave of nausea came over me but stopped as I breathed him in and felt him rubbing my back. By the end of the movie I could barely hold it in anymore, I had to get it out finally.

"Hey, um...I need to ask you something," I looked up at him.

"Hmm?" He looked at me and rubbed my arm.

"What are you doing in March?" I asked.

He laughed and shrugged, "Um, I don't know, probably touring. Why, do we have something planned?"

"Yeah," I smiled.

"Really, what?"

"A baby."

His eyes widened and his heart slowed for a moment against my cheek before speeding up. "What?" He smiled and blinked a few times.

"You're going to be a daddy," I smiled and sat up.

"Oh my God," he placed his hands over his mouth and looked down at my belly, then back up at me. "Maci, are you serious?"

"Yes," I laughed and lifted my shirt to show him my bump. His hands left his mouth to hold my tummy. "I'm about 4 months, so I took a minute to tell you," I chuckled.

Austin was speechless as he sniffled and wiped his eyes. I couldn't help but get teary eyed as I watched him start crying. I pulled him into a hug, "Why you crying, boo?"

"You know I've been wanting this to happen and now it is," he wiped his eyes. "Why didn't you tell me sooner?"

"I found out a few days before you came home for Warped. I was going to tell you that night you came home but clearly that night wasn't too great, so I just kept quiet. Plus I wanted to tell you in person," I shrugged.

"Pretty big secret to keep from me," he smiled and leaned in to kiss me gently.

We spent the rest of the night looking at the ultrasounds, baby books, and houses. It made me laugh at how in a matter of minutes Austin was growing up and realizing how much our lives are about to change. I kissed his jaw line as he looked at places. I always imagined us one day being happy & content, finally moving on from the past into a positive future; Just not so soon.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments pleaseee.