Status: active

We'll Fall in Love After Midnight

t h i r t y n i n e.

Austin blew the candles out on his small dessert while waiters and our friends sang him Happy Birthday. I kissed his cheek after he made his wish.

"Thank you everybody," He smiled as the waiters walked away from our table.

"No problem, buddy," Alan patted his shoulder.

I snagged a bite of his brown & ice cream treat. My cravings were being filled with a single bite. We continued talking in the popular restaurant until almost all the other guests had cleared out. Austin said goodbye to his friends and made our way back to our apartment.

"That was fun. Thanks for planning that, babe," He said.

"You're welcome. What'd you wish for?" I asked.

"A healthy baby," He kissed my head and sat down on the couch.

I stretched and yawned, "I'm gonna get ready for bed. I'm beyond tired."

"Okay. I'm gonna watch a lil TV then I'll be in."

I nodded and walked out of the living room. I frowned at the freshly packed suitcases that were by the closet, ready to leave with him in the morning. My belly poked against the bathroom counter as I washed my makeup off and took my prenatal vitamins.

Austin came into the bedroom just as I began to rub lotion on my tummy. He volunteered to do it as usual. He loved feeling our baby in me, even though we couldn't feel them move around yet.

"When you come back we'll know what we're having," I smiled and pulled the covers back.

"I can't wait. When I come back we're going to be moving into our first home together too."

"You're making my life so beautiful and perfect, Austin."

-

I said goodbye to my husband for the last time for the rest of the year. I managed to contain myself and decided to go shopping to get my mind off him being gone. My phone buzzed as I pushed my cart through Target. I saw Mike's name buzz on my screen. A name I hadn't seen in months.

"Hello?" I asked.

"I see you."

I looked around and didn't see him, "Where are you?" I laughed.

Mike's hand was on my shoulder and spun me around, "Here!"

I put my phone in my hoodie pocket and hugged him, "Oh my gosh, how are you?"

"Good," He smiled and pulled away to look at my stomach. "Wow, so it's true."

I put my hands on my tummy, "Yup. It's not just a rumor."

"You look cute pregnant," He smiled. "So everything's good with you guys?"

"Yeah. We're doing a lot better," I nodded. "What are you doing in LA?"

"I met a new girl. She lives up here too, so I was spending time before I gotta go on tour."

For the first time since we've met, I didn't feel sad about him moving on to someone new. I just hoped he would treat her right. We talked a little bit longer until we said our goodbyes. I kissed his cheek, making him blush. It made me smile knowing that he'll always get soft around me.

I spent the rest of the day running errands and having a meeting with my agent about pregnancy shoots. I was excited to hopefully get some gigs to keep me busy. Austin saw Mike tweet about seeing me that afternoon and brought it up when he called me.

"Can these three weeks hurry up?" I whined into the phone.

"I'm sure you won't miss me that much now that Mike is hanging around."

"What?" I asked confused.

"He tweeted earlier about seeing you. I'm sure your feelings are completely back for him," He sounded annoyed and jealous.

"Um, not even. We just happened to run into each other. I haven't thought about him in months, so don't think I got the hots for Fuentes again," I snapped at him.

"Whatever. I'll let you go to bed."

I sighed, "Alright. Well, me and baby love you."

"I love you two, too. Call me tomorrow when you get up," He said before hanging up.

The way he sounded bugged me until I fell asleep. Surely he didn't think I was dumb enough to actually talk to Mike like that at this point in my life. I finally got the thought out of my head and fell asleep on his side of the bed.
♠ ♠ ♠
trying to decide still if they're going to have a boy or girl.