Status: active

We'll Fall in Love After Midnight

f o r t y o n e.

Mike sat down on the couch next to me, running his hands over his face. He looked so upset and out of it; His eyes were a darker brown.

I rubbed his back, "So what happened?"

He shook his head and sighed. "She admitted to not loving me anymore. She told me she's been fucking some guy from her school in her bed. The same fucking bed I fucked her in. I feel so sick."

"I'm sorry, babe," I said quietly. I stopped rubbing his back, sliding my hand to his.

Mike laced our fingers together as he continued to vent to me.

"Ya know... She helped me get over missing you. I actually loved her and the fact she couldn't love me just destroys me." He stared at the design on the ikea rug he was tapping his foot on, getting lost in his thoughts. "How did you know you no longer loved me?" He said faintly.

I licked my lips and let out a deep breath, "I never did stop loving you."

The apartment was completely silent. The only sound was the sound of traffic in the far distance. Mike swallowed and squeezed my hand. His hand was becoming sweaty against mine.

"What do you mean you never stopped loving me?" He asked.

"I will always love you, you know that. I'm in love with everything about you. I'm just not in love with you like I once was," I bit my lip. "Me and you though... you're no good for me, I'm no good for you. I thought you were going to be the one I would marry and have babies with. You're always going to be in my heart."

Mike hugged me tightly and kissed my forehead, "You're the one that got away and it kills me every time I think of what we had. I'm happy for you guys thought, I could never bring myself to break you guys up. All I want is for you to always be happy and just be okay. If anything ever happened to you... I don't know what I'd do. I can't imagine not seeing your bright smile or hear your contagious laugh ever again."

I held back tears as I wrapped my arms around his neck. I hid my face in the crook of his neck, "I miss seeing you all the time. I want Austin to see that we can be just friends without being a threat to him."

Mike finished venting about his fresh break up. I knew he felt relieved to get everything completely off his chest. We decided to go out for some Pinkberry since I was craving it.

"This is so good," I moaned. "This is like all I've been craving during my pregnancy."

He smiled and took a bite of his, "What do you wanna have?"

"I'll be happy with whatever. I just can't wait to find out so I can start shopping."

My phone started ringing just as it always does around this time of night.

"Hey baby," I answered.

"Hey!" He practically yelled. "What are you doing?"

"I'm at Pinkberry with Mike."

"I can't wait to hear this story later," he huffed.

"It's not like that," I hummed. "Can we talk about this in the morning?"

"Yeah," he sighed. "I just wanted to tell you I had a great show. I love you."

"I love you more, boo."

"Well, call me when you wake up and sleep tight. Don't forget to take your vitamins."

I chuckled, "Goodnight, Austin."

I put my phone back in my purse and looked at Mike who was smiling at me.

"What?" I asked.

"I just like knowing that you're happy. Plus, I missed hanging out with you," he smiled.

Mike dropped me off back at my apartment so he could drive down to San Diego. He hugged me goodbye for what seemed like forever. He thanked me again for talking to him about everything. I got ready for bed and called Austin back once I was comfortable. I told him everything that happened and he was understanding of it all. He was willing to work on not getting jealous about our friendship.

I put the phone on speaker and put it by my belly so he could talk to our baby. I smiled as he talked and felt their little feet kick around. Austin talked to me until I fell asleep, along with baby kicking less. I couldn't wait for him to be home in a few short weeks.
♠ ♠ ♠
where have all my commenters been? no comments makes me feel like no one is reading this so I shouldn't update..