Status: active

We'll Fall in Love After Midnight

f o r t y t w o.

I anxiously talked to the doctor while he prepared me for my ultrasound. I was beyond ecstatic to find out if it was a boy or girl. My baby's small body appeared on the screen a few seconds later. Every time I saw that image, my stomach was filled with butterflies.

"So are you excited to find out?" Dr. Bass asked.

"Yes," I smiled, staring at the screen.

"Well, it looks like it's a little girl," he said as he pressed a button.

My eyes filled with tears knowing I was going to have a mini. I was filled with joy and couldn't wait to tell Austin when he got home tomorrow. I finished up at my appointment and went to Target to get pink stuff to help surprise Austin.

---

I decorated our bedroom with tons of pink balloons and flowers. I wrote 'it's a girl' in pink lipstick on the mirror attached to the dresser. He was going to shit when he walks into the room and see everything. I couldn't wait to see his reaction.

My newly dyed dark hair was in a messy bun on top of my head while I sat in the living room packing boxes. I found polaroid pictures of us from when we first started dating and getting serious. My manicured fingers brushed softly against them while I looked. We looked so young and different even though the photos weren't that old. I couldn't wait to show our daughter these pictures one day.

The sound of fumbling keys at the door pulled my attention away from the pictures. The door opened a minute later and in came Austin with his luggage behind him. I grabbed onto the wooden Ikea table to help myself off of the floor and was embraced by him before I could fully get up.

It made me tear up feeling his long arms wrapped around me, the mix of his natural scent and cologne filling my nose. I had been waiting for him to be home for what seemed like forever.

"I missed you," he said, putting his hands on our baby and kissed me.

"I missed you so much. You have no idea."

He leaned down to talk to my tummy and kiss it before standing back up. He touched my dark hair and smiled, "It looks even better in person! I think I prefer you as a brunette more than a blonde."

"Thank you. I think I like it better too," I winked. "I'm gonna get dinner started. Go clean yourself up."

I patted his chest and walked towards the kitchen. Austin talked to me as he walked down the hall with his luggage. I smiled to myself when I knew he went into our room because he stopped talking. I quietly walked down the hall to the room.

"We're having a girl!" He said excitedly and turned to kiss me.

"I'm so excited," I smiled.

Austin wrapped his arms around my shoulders and kissed my forehead, "I love you so much. I can't wait to meet her, baby. She's going to be gorgeous just like you."

"A little less than four months and we'll have her in our arms." I rubbed his sides and leaned up to kiss him.

"We gotta start thinking of names and getting everything ready," he began rambling.

I smiled at his excitement and the nervousness that was in his voice. I let him go on and on about his excitement and ideas while I prepared us dinner. I put the chicken in the oven and walked over to where he was sitting at the table.

"She's moving around," I told him and grabbed his hands to show him.

I watched his face as he felt her kick against his hands. It was the first time he got to experience it while I got to nearly everyday. He was on the verge of tears the longer he touched me.

"That's the most amazing thing," he wiped his eyes.

We ate our dinner and discussed moving. Everything was set in stone to move into our four bedroom home in Huntington Beach this week. My life was back on track. It felt amazing to know I was having a healthy girl, moving into our first home, and I was getting modeling jobs again.

I loved all the attention I was getting from my husband. I had missed his random acts of affection, hearing his laugh, just everything about him. He had a million stories to tell me from tour. I listened to every single word he said, admiring everything that came out of his mouth. I chuckled at a random thought that made Austin stop talking.

"What?" He asked.

"Our kid is never going to shut up. Neither of us ever stop talking, imagine her!" I laughed.

"We're going to have our hands full in 16 years," he rubbed my belly for the millionth time that hour. She kicked like crazy when she heard him talk.

"Stop, I don't even wanna think that far ahead," I shook my head. "You know why she kicks so much, right?"

"Nope, but I love it."

"I played different interviews of yours every night so she could hear your voice," I ran my fingers through his hair.

Austin kissed my forehead, "You're already such a good mama."

I fell asleep without trying and woke up a couple hours later to an empty bed. I finally got out of bed to go get a drink of water. Austin was talking loudly on the phone in the living room, making me stop to listen to him.

"Why can't you just respect my wishes? I am happily married, we have a baby on the way....I never had feelings for you. You were just there to fuck.....Fine, leak those fucking photos. My wife knows everything from tour....Come near me, my wife, my child, or anyone and you will wish you never looked at me."

I leaned on a creaky part of the floor causing him to stop talking and look in my direction. I looked away and walked into the kitchen to get a drink. I stayed in there until I heard him get off the phone. Austin was sitting on the couch with his face in his palms.

"What's going on?" I asked, sitting down next to him.

"Remember that girl I-I fucked this summer?" I nodded. "She's threatening to post pictures of us from summer, telling everyone everything. She wants to hurt you and try to break us up because she legit thinks I'll leave you for her."

I shook my head and sighed, "All of this is your fault."

"What do you mean it's my fault?" He asked.

"If you wouldn't have fucked other girls while you were with me, none of this would be happening! You bring the worst people around and you wonder why I don't trust you."

Austin stared at me speechless. He knew I was right and he couldn't talk himself out of it.

"I love you so much and I could never in a million years treating you how you've treated me. I am married to you, I am pregnant with your child, I am invested in us. Why can't you feel 100% the same?" I felt myself getting choked up.

Austin packed himself a bag that would last him a few days. I felt frustrated as he kissed me goodbye, promising to be home soon. I didn't bother asking where he was going because I knew he had no idea where he was going too. I said goodbye and went back to being alone just like I had been the weeks before.