Status: active

We'll Fall in Love After Midnight

f o r t y t h r e e.

Austin showed up just before the movers were set to arrive. I hadn't seen or talked to him in four days and for some reason I wasn't that happy to see him. I maneuvered around the boxes with my growing body, making sure not to bump anything over.

"Nice to see you finally show up," I said annoyed.

"Sorry," he scratched the back of his neck.

He looked like shit. I could tell he had been drinking since he left just by how he stood. His skin looked disgusting with bags under his eyes. The sound of his voice was rough and he needed a goodnights sleep and a long shower.

The movers knocked at the door and I walked past him to open the door. I let the guys come into the cramped apartment, two of them immediately started loading boxes onto their dollies to take down to the truck. I went to our bathroom where I heard the shower going while the others began working on taking the large pieces of furniture down.

I sat down on the close toilet lid and looked at Austin through the glass shower door. He got out a few minutes later, drying off his arms and torso before wrapping the towel around his hips.

"You alright?" He asked and stood in front of me.

"I guess," I shrugged. I wrapped my arms around his legs, hugging half his body. My head rested against his stomach while he hugged me back.

"I'm sorry for walking out like that," he said quietly.

"Please don't do it anymore. It's already bad enough you were just on tour then you just disappear on me. I know you were drinking, it's obvious. Imagine if something would had happened to you? It isn't just about me and you anymore, Austin. You have a little girl to think about now too."

"No, you're right. I've been selfish as hell lately and it's not fair."

He got dressed and we went back to the main part of the living room, trying to stay out of the mover's way. We sat on the balcony since there was nothing else to do until they were finished. Austin rubbed my belly, staring out into the distance.

"What do you think of the name Emma?" He asked a few minutes later.

I looked over at him, "I like that a lot actually."

"Me too. Either that or Chloe," he shrugged his shoulders.

"Emma Carlile," I said while I rubbed my belly. "Do you want your name to be Emma?" I asked my belly.

"Why isn't she kicking around like usual? It's bugging me," he said while rubbing my belly more.

"She's sleeping right now. She'll probably wake up around noon."

"Em sounds like you," he chuckled.

-

We were finally settled into the house. It felt amazing to finally have Austin home for a while, have our own home, and be a few months away from being a mommy. Life was finally working in our favor and I couldn't ask for anything more.

"You sure you don't wanna come?" Austin asked while he got ready for a Halloween party.

"I'm sure babe. I don't see how I'll have fun at a club," I shrugged. "Plus I already made plans to go to the movies with Mike. Me and you will have our own Halloween celebration on the night of."

"I like the way you think," he winked and kissed me.

Austin got dressed and made sure his skull makeup looked fine. I felt kind of jealous that he was going out to a club with his friends while I couldn't. Sure I had plans but it drove me crazy he would be out getting wasted with a lot of hot girls around him.

"Alright, well have fun," I hugged him. "Please be safe and don't drink and drive. Please don't."

"I won't," he kissed me gently, making sure not to mess up his makeup. "I love you."

"I love you too."

I watched him get into his car and leave. I blew him a kiss and closed the garage door. Mike would be here any minute to go have dinner with me and see a movie. The doorbell rang a few minutes later.

"Boo," I said when I opened it.

"Whuddup?!" He hugged me and kissed my cheek. "Look at you! You've gotten so much bigger than when I saw you last."

"Gee thanks," I smirked. "get your ass in here, it's cold out."

I gave Mike a tour of the house before we went out to dinner. It was nice being able to see him without feeling like it was forbidden. Being able to see any of my friends was nice in general since I hadn't seen many lately. We hung out for a little while after the movie at the house. Mike left around 11 so that I could get into bed since I was half asleep.

I took off my makeup and got ready for bed. I worried about Austin since he hadn't texted me all night but I was sure he was just fine and having fun. My phone woke me up from constant ringing around 3am. I grabbed it and saw I had 5 missed calls from Tino. I knew something was wrong for him to call me.

"Maci?" He answered the phone.

"Yeah," I yawned. "What's going on?"

"Hey, I'm on my way up to Huntington to get you."

"What are you talking about? What's going on?" I asked again growing concerned.

"I'd rather tell you in person. Just get dressed, I'll be there in like 20 minutes."

I hung up the phone and got out of bed. Panic filled my entire body as I pulled on some clothes and went downstairs to wait for Valentino. A pair of headlights came through the living room window after what seemed like forever. I got up and opened the door before he could knock. I didn't want to know whose blood was on his shirt.
♠ ♠ ♠
I just like fucking shit up in this story. I'm sorry haha