‹ Prequel: Ours Then....
Sequel: Ours Forever....
Status: Hoping to start this soon!

Ours Now....

Letter 3

Ours Now…

Letter 3
Sid,
The arena is still pretty empty. I can see some media personnel around, but other than that, I’m pretty much alone. You just texted me back, saying that every goal you’ve ever scored since meeting me has been mine, but now you’ve got two loves to score for. I’m hoping that means that you’re not too upset about the way I told you. Oh God, there’s a lady with a microphone walking my way. It reminds me of the first interview I gave after becoming your fiancé.

“I’m sorry to be pulling you away from wedding planning,” a woman from Sports Illustrated said across from me all those months ago.

“Don’t worry about it. I didn’t have anything planned for today. Tomorrow, now that’s another story,” I laughed. “I’ve got my final dress fitting.” The wedding was just less than a month away, as the current date was July 20th. My 22nd birthday was just 9 days away.

“Oh! Can you tell me about your dress?” she asked beginning to type.

I smiled. “It’s gorgeous. Strapless, cream, satin. Everything I’ve ever wanted.”

“Check out that sparkler there,” the interviewer gaped. She lifted my left hand. “Sid pick that out?”

“He’s actually got very good taste,” I laughed.

“Let’s finish up talking about you and Sid. I’ve got a few questions for you about swimming, of course,” she smiled.

“Of course,” I giggled.

“Okay. So, will there be a guest going by the name Sir Stanley be attending the wedding?”

I nodded. “Yep. The Cup’s got its own table with the cake.”

“How cute,” she smiled. “Where’s it gonna be?”

“It took us forever to decide,” I sighed. “In the end, we both agreed on Cole Harbour. I love the harbor view from his backyard.”

“So how are you two handling your busy schedules?” she asked.

“It’s work,” I insisted. “Really, it is. But we make it work. There are times when we go days without really, truly seeing each other. But he finds ways to remind how much he loves me. Every day he’s on the road, he sends flowers.”

“Aw. That’s too cute. How are you handling the aftermath of Beijing?”

“Just trying to get back into the swing of things. I obviously had that surgery right after getting back and I had family issues, so it was a little hard getting back to practices. It’s just important to keep things consistent,” I explained.

“You’ve got a nasty scar now, huh?” she asked. “I’ve heard rumors of tattoos…”

“Yeah, I got one. Sid convinced me,” I laughed. “You know, everything always seems to lead back to him.”

“It does doesn’t it,” she laughed. “Can I see the ink?”

I nodded and pulled down the band of my yoga pants a bit so she could see the tattoo.

“Let it be? Any significance?” she asked typing away.

“Yeah. When Sid and I first got back together, I was so hesitant. But in the end, I decided to just let things be as they were.”

“Nice. So do you have plans to go to the 2012 Olympics in London?”

I nodded fervently. “Absolutely. I’ve got a running bet with Garrett Weber-Gale to see if I can beat him in poker again next time around. I plan on winning…again.”

All My Love,
Rory
♠ ♠ ♠
Another update for today! I'm not totally sure how long this one will last. I could see it spanning upwards of 10 letters, less than 25. It'll probably be somewhere in the middle. Are you guys liking it? The next update will have the wedding and I'll include a link to Polyvore so you can see her dress and everything. Unlike last time, I think I'm going to include some present tense stuff about the game and such. Let me know your thoughts on everything, lovelies!